•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Christmas is an attitude!

I have been having a whole lot of fun reading all the wonderful holiday threads. Sounds like most MiceChatters really enjoy the holiday of Christmas.

Every once in a while, you read a sad post. Something bad happened on a past Christmas day. Bad memories. No fun.

I had an alright childhood. Nothing spectacular. My mom would just as soon skip Christmas now.

I have realized that Christmas is an attitude. Have the right attitude and you can make magical things happen for yourself.

Having your own children helps. Christmas is so much fun, when you are planning a nice Christmas for your own little ones. Buying presents and trying to make sure your children get just the one thing that they really truly want can make Christmas morning a delight.

However Christmas is about tradition. Spending time with family. Putting up trees. Sharing meals. Sending cards. Singing carols. Going to Church. Filling stockings. Eating candy canes. Drinking eggnog. Licking postage stamps. Stuffing Turkeys. Cooking ham.

Don't have traditions? Start them. Do something for others. Buy a gift for a charity drive. Drop some coins in the Salvation ARmy Kettle.

Don't forget to smile. Play some Christmas songs. Think about the reason this holiday was started and keep it in your heart.

Have a Christmas attitude. Get off the Bah Humbug and spread a little Christmas cheer around and it just might boomerang back at you.

What's the fun in being a grinch? More fun to be a santa elf. Have a Christmas attitude. Pass the holiday spirit around. You just might find yourself grinning and humming Christmas songs.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Christmas is an attitude!

It is threads like this that we need to help cheer people up

• Gay Man

You know, LIFE is an attitude. People seem to have more expectations for Christmas than they should and are always disappointed. Well, if there is one things we all have control over - and there really is only one thing - that's our attitude. OUR attitude and not someone elses' attitude.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Without the right attitude, even a million dollars can't bring you happiness. Along with the Lord's bithday, appreciating and celebrating "togetherness" at Christmas time (and the whole year through) is what the season is all about.

You are right, Barbaraann, that kids make it easier to experience Christmas in a whole new light. If you don't have your own, most people have relatives or friends that do. I always buy little presents for my niece and two nephews...as well as some of my best friends' kids. They all appreciate me too.

Regardless of the size of my budjet at Christmas time, it really is...always is the most wonderful time of the year.

• Just Me

The Boy wanted to talk about what Christmas means to him last night in the car. He said it wasn't about getting oresents, but about giving and the good feeling it gives you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I loved buying my parents more presents than I will be recieving . I only wanted 1 thing but in all, I think I bought my parents about 8-10 things and I feel so happy and good about it because I know they will love what I got them

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I loved buying my parents more presents than I will be recieving . I only wanted 1 thing but in all, I think I bought my parents about 8-10 things and I feel so happy and good about it because I know they will love what I got them
    Same here!!!
    I got mom a fancy electric roaster, a leather coat ( a real nice one) and a comforter set. and dad dvd vcr combo and long johns, and several cool socks and nice pjs .I love blessing my parents, they did such a good job with there kids and all they do for us, I wanted to bless them and spoil them as much as I could.
    Christmas is a time to bless those who you love, and those who you do not know