Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: How did you discover MiceChat?

Way back in the before-time (90's), I started lingering around the piano at Coke Corner. Through the group that hangs out there, I was told about a group of APers who met every Sunday at the hub. It was there that I met Al and a bunch of other folks who posted on a usenet newsgroup commonly referred to as "ADD", short for alt.disney.disneyland

This was not the first stage of the expanded Disney internet community... it had, as I understand it, broken off from RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks), as some folks felt that RADP was too Florida-centric.

Anywho, I'm one of those rare folks who met the in-park group first, THEN started posting on ADD (ADDers, we called ourselves). Then talk began of getting some of the more popular user websites under one umbrella. Al's Disneyland Information Guide, Adrienne's Happiest Potties On Earth, Fab's Fabulous Disney Babe, and Doobie & Rebecca's Laughing Place started to discuss uniting. A disagreement erupted, the nature of which I never did hear, but it caused a split in the group. D&R decided to go it alone with LP, and took many of the RADP crowd and some ADDers with them. The remaining folks formed MP or became MP users.

It was around this time that certain trolling individuals made posting on ADD nearly impossible, as they made it their purpose in life to flame and derail every single thread that came up, especially if it involved Al. The MP folks then brought their boards online. I was there for a few years, and eventually, the originators of MP started breaking off into separate sites again, including Al, who formed MiceAge. The posting community remained where they were, though many of us started reading MA in addition to (or in some cases in substitution for) the site we were on. That is... until another split occurred (this is a life cycle thing, it happens), and some of us decided to migrate elsewhere. That elsewhere, despite the generous hospitality of the site's owner, was unfortunately peopled by one of the causes of the original migration to moderated forums, and the inevitable happened. Some members of the migratory group (does that make us cyber-bedouins?) decided it was high time to just have their own boards, rather than take shelter under someone else's roof. Thus 3 boards were born within a week of each other, 2 of which remain to this day.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

A co-worker and I were discussing about the changes being done at DCA and she had mentioned something about the Monsters Inc. ride and she said she was getting this info from MiceAge. SO, being the curious monkey that I am, I checked out MiceAge and then found my way over to MiceChat and I've been addicted ever since. It was really fun because I joined right when all of the 50th stuff was reving up and I would show my friends the updates on the computers at school, it was really interesting to see how many people would read over my shoulder.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

From MICEAGE
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

Jennidisneyfer told me about it....and it sounded like fun so here I am.

It's always me

• Artsy Fartsy

I was investigating info on our up comming trip to DL. I was googling up something and ended up at this site. I joined imediately. And here I"ve been ever since.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    Herd member (or something). After MP and Fab I was pretty much done with boards and started LoT to keep the experience small and intimate. Dusty asked me to lend my Mod experience to MC and I did that for about 6 months. Now, I just post here occasionally, post on LoT a bit more and spend my time developing the Retroland.com site.

So much for being done with boards.
    or something!?! You instigator!

It's great to see so many members of the "herd"-

It's funny how people are adding where they were banned from! I have actually never been banned from any forum- heh, go figure!

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    or something!?! You instigator!

It's great to see so many members of the "herd"-

It's funny how people are adding where they were banned from! I have actually never been banned from any forum- heh, go figure!
    (keeps joke to himself)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Well, I'd been reading MiceAge for awhile - it was one of my Disney news sites. I started just reading the board once in awhile in Feb but I didn't post until the end of March, which is crazy for me. Then my info got wiped in the hack. And now I am addicted and my other Disney board is on the back burner!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• The one on the left.

I came across Mice Chat this past spring while looking up information for a DL trip. I checked out a couple of other boards but one was too hot, one was too cold and this one was just right.

Wait! No that's not right, that's another story. Sorry.

Mice Chat seemed the most friendly and so here I am still.

Carry on.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• Hooterville, USA

I came from LP to here, and decided to stay for a short while. I like the people here, but when one leaves it hurts me. I really need to get a life!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• And, THEN she said...

I was trying to cure a major bout of homesickness when i discovered Mice Age I read it faithfully for a few months when I saw a link for Mice Chat, hmm I wondered what is this mice chat? so I clicked.. and lurked around the boards for about 6 months..then one night I got a wild hair, so i joined..now mice chat has sucked me in and made me a mice chataholic!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Had been reading Al's articles for a few months, which I had discovered through Savedisney.com. Suddenly in January 2005 there was a link and an invitation to a place called Micechat. Have never been on a board before, but thought I'd just register.....look what has happened since then. Great friends, a new kind of family and good things to come in the future!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Yep, Mice Age started it. A book I have recommended that and other sites for Disneyland info. I read it faithfully and LOOOOOVED Al's articles and updates.

When I first saw there was a message board I thought, "Nah, that's for 'young people'." I was reading something about the Dland Hotel in Feb. and had something to comment on so I joined. I never made another comment until March....and I haven't shut up since then.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Senior Minion

After visiting Disneyland in 2003 my interest was sparked by my disappoinment in the visit. So I started looking around online and found Mouseplanet, after a few posts decided it wasn't the place for me. I went to Fab's and after that seemed like no one was posting there much after a while. Then stumbled upon SaveDisney, then found AL Lutz.I loved his writing and Kevin Yee as well that I stayed. Then a few months later, MiceChat was launched. It is the greatest thing in the world to be able to talk about the DL park and anything Disney related, and anything entertainment wise.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

WELL YOU SEE
    I hear about this thing called a computer where you could look up things and there was real live people inside. so I typed in disney and got this real weird group of people and decided this was leaving a bad taste in my mouth and on my fingers, so I typed in disney again and wooombo this site popped up and I said " wow there is light in that there monitor!! and the light was good and the smell was not stenchy at all!!!!! and the people were good and the mods, "they were awsome". yes, I had found virtual heaven!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast