• Banned User

Da Vinci and Walt Disney(spoilers for The Da Vinci Code)

I don't know if someone has already posted this, but here it goes. Ok, so I'm almost done reading the book, and so far its interesting! When i told my mom about Mary and Jesus she pretty much freaked out!!! She is very religious and she was keep telling me "It's all just fiction!!". But the strong evidence(from th book) proves it. As I stared at the "Last Supper" in my chruch, i kept wondering Do these people know the meaning behind this painting? Well anyways i posted this thread for a reason and here it is. There are about 1 1/2 pages on Walt Disney in the book. It refers to him as the keeper of the goddess. It was supposedly his job to pass on this legend to the younger generations. Like in Lion King, in the love scene, it say SEX clearly bove them. And supposedly Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella all have symbolism refering to Mary! I personally don't know if I should believe this myth or not, but it adds up! All I want to know is if Walt really did insert symbolism of the goddess? thanx a buch!

-Joe

• Banned User

Re: Da Vinci and Walt Disney(spoilers for The Da Vinci Code)

Wow! no answers?

• Banned User

Ok, so no one really knows? damn, what are the odds! The evidence does add up! i mean the princess movies do have symbolism in them! It's just weird! what if Walt was Grand Master himselp of the Priory! or at least a member?

• white and nerdy

1. In the Lion King, it doesn't say the word "sex" it says "SFX" meaning the special effects department. it kind of looks like sex, but it isn't.

2. The Da Vinci Code is a fantastic book, but anyone with even the most casual acquaintance with the Illuminati or the Priory of Sion know that most of what he says about them is false.... It's a great publicity tool for the writer of fiction, to say that their book is based on crazy truth that has been hidden from the world for so long.... Lots of authors have done it before (for example, read Phantom of the Opera) Dan Brown's inaccuracies range from the frivolous (e.g. he states that an iron cage drops to trap intruders in the louve, when in real life there is nothing like that there, or that there is a major database containing all things relating to the grail in the college, when in real life there is only an informal gathering of experts) to the extreme (e.g. the documentations related to the Priory of Sion, including membership rosters, have been ink dated to the early 1970's and have been pr oven to be a hoax perpetrated by a man seeking to claim French Leadership.) I think Dan Brown knew all of this but presented his fabrication as a fact in order to bolster book sales... a great idea that worked. If not then he isn't as educated on the subject as he pretends to be.

3. As far as other disney movies with symbolism.... It's obvious that it's in there, but remember that symbolism is a sticky substance. It will always be there if you look for it. Same goes for paintings and statues. Sometimes symbolism and hidden messages are there, other times it's just wishful thinking. Yes, I think John looks like mary in the last supper, but I think the "M" is just good composition rather than a tribute to Mary. Think of it like Hidden Mickeys... sometimes they are real, sometimes you are just looking too hard.

4. His outrageous claims about Christianity are not really that outrageous. Many relgious groups think it's completely possible that Jesus and Mary were husband and wife. Brown seemes to paint all of Christianity with the Catholic brush which seems very odd to me.

5. Secret societies do exist, which makes Brown's tale all the more exciting. It seems to be a part of the Collective Unconscious belief that there is far more than meets the eye. Unfortunately Brown chose one that not even the most crazy of conspiracy theorists believe could exists.

6. Even Brown's statements about Da Vinci are based on rumors at best. For example: The book paints Da Vinci as a flamboyant homosexual, or at least as flamboyant as he could be at the time. This rumor has only one recognisable origin.... It was a custom to publicly accuse those who were breaking the law by writing their accusation on paper and posting it in public places.... one such accusation was made about Da Vinci, saying he was a "sodomite".
    This may seem like a trite and silly thing to point out but it also shows Brown's expert story telling talents. He takes unsubstantiated rumor and mixes it in with fact to make it a fact. Really, most experts in symbology think that about one quarter of Brown's book to be fact with the rest just playful speculation

Bottom line? The Da Vinci Code is a good book with interesting concepts and a genius marketing ploy. Look into the real story behind all these things, they make for even more interesting stories.... especially the Priory of Sion. The true story behind that is fantastic.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

FINALLY! Thanx for the info i already plan on researching, but when i told my mom about the Da Vinci Code, she kinda said the same thing, except less educated. The thing i like about this book is that it makes me feel like a genious because i solved most of the puzzels b4 i read the answers. anyways Thanx a bunch!

• Minion

Future, you might want to check out this book after finishing The Da Vinci Code. Brown was greatly influenced by Holy Blood Holy Grail which was a controversial best seller back in the '80s.

• Is it possible Christ did not die on the cross?
    • Is it possible Jesus was married, a father, and that his bloodline still exists?
    • Is it possible that parchments found in the South of France a century ago reveal one of the best-kept secrets of Christendom?
    • Is it possible that these parchments contain the very heart of the mystery of the Holy Grail?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/044...books&v=glance

• Banned User

yes!! but my mom will definately not approve, she hates it when i discover the truth about things i shouldn't! but here's an interestion concept!! At my house we have 2 rose bushes, one yellow(i think it means hope) and one red(Mary, femininity, etc.). The yellow ones bloom all year round and they're beautiful and never wither away fast! But the red ones are diffrent! They bloom very rarely, and if they do, it withers away quickly!! i know this might sound stupid, but do you think this is a sign from God? Maybe he's telling me, that there is hope, and maybe the secret is almost dead? idk, but its interesting!

-Joe

• Sock Puppet

Enjoy the book. Enjoy the puzzles. Enjoy the movie. But please, please, please understand that it's all just fiction.

I'm not offended by the concept, but rather that people keep saying it's all true. The whole "Priory of Scion" thing was a hoax. The people who perpetrated it never intended it to be connected to the "Jesus was married" legend. So, they came out and admitted the whole thing years ago. They were trying to get some French guy, now dead, recognized as royalty. Dan Brown conveniently ignores this.