• Circle of Ancients

Anybody else get creative with their Christmas Gifts for kids?

Every year we get Season Passes for Six Flags and Universal Studios Hollywood. We are also going to be doing the MiceChat WDW trip in October. So instead of the kids just getting the Passes and trip we have decided to use it to our advantage and give them as Christmas presents.

How do we do this you ask? Well I printed up "vouchers", laminated them and we wrapped them up as presents. Of course the kids didn't get any less presents this year than years past, but we figured they would get a kick out of this.

Here is an example of what we did:

Personally I think it's a great idea.

Does anybody else do this??? I'm sure people more creative than I am could have done alot more with it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Anybody else get creative with their Christmas Gifts for kids?

I'm so jealous! Lucky kids!
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I didn't get anything really creative for my neice and nephews, but I did for my g/f. She's a Harry Potter fan so I got her a stuffed owl, tying a string to its leg and attaching a wand to it (wand in the box of course) and am putting a note in the owls beak (thanks to scotch tape) with a acceptance letter to Hogwarts in it.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Man O Lantern

Very cool, Gregg!

Last year, we planned a surprise Disneyland trip for the kids. On Christmas eve, we had them run through the house doing a scavenger hunt...we hid the clues in things like the Haunted Mansion DVD box, Disney Monopoly box, in Cass's Jack Skellington jewelry box, in one of their princess castles, all ten clue places were Disney-related, but they never noticed. That was hilarious. The final clue was taped to the back of the Mickey Mouse ornament on the tree. It said something like, "Pack your bags, girls, we're going to Disneyland!" Our entire family was there--all the grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles. Then when they opened the presents from our family, they all got Disney dollars and Build a Bear giftcards. I think each girl ended up with about $200 to spend at the resort. That was so much fun!

Then on Christmas day after opening presents and a big roast beef lunch, we loaded up the suitcases and the car and we drove down to Anaheim. It was great!! Definitely the most creative I'd ever been for the holidays.

• Circle of Ancients

^ That's awesome!!! Maybe we will use the scavenger hunt thing for the WDW voucher.