Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Grossest thing you could ever see while in the drive-thru, I saw today

.... a dying rat!

I’m at turns disgusted and filled with pity for the poor bugger. He was clearly poisoned. It’s like “Ew, a rat at this restaurant!” and “Well, their pest control is clearly effective.”

Yeah, so I was in the drive-thru line, and there’s a bit of space between planters but before you get to the menu, and I noticed it in the grass then, and I assumed any second it would go running. It was laying there as if it was sunning itself. But then it moved forward a few steps and stopped again for a long time, moved forward a few steps and stopped again. Then I wondered if it was defecating – though I could NOT imagine it doing such a thing in so exposed an area, rats are smarter than that. It finally got up to a bush and stopped again just in front of it. By this time I was at the ordering sign, but I was still looking back at it, and I could see it was panting. Then I realized it had probably gotten itself some rat poison, and was very likely dying, which would explain coming out in full view. I didn’t see it move itself any further under the bush.

Once I got up to the window, I told the guy, “I thought you should know you have what appears to be a dying rat out there by the ATM sign.” The guy immediately told the manager something and headed VOOM out the door to go look. I was kind of surprised that he didn’t send the manager to check or something, but whatever. Anyway, he came back in like 1 minute and said it was dead. So, ew, I watched that poor creature take its last breath!

And then they handed me my lunch.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Grossest thing you could ever see while in the drive-thru, I saw today

My friend use to work for a fast food chain and he told me about all the "disgusting things" there. Unfortunately those "disgusting things" were not outside of the building, they were IN the building, and worst of all, IN the soda fountains! YUCK!

Oh and this is what those "Disgusting Things" were:

Spoiler
    Maggots and Fly Larva

• Senior Minion

The poisons that rats eat basically coagulates their blood making them feel like they don need to eat as well. Sorry you had to see that today. I know alot Dairymen that use that form of Poison to protect their herd from mastitis. And other nasty things that reduce Milk production. Rats can carry it around and do some damage.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I saw a grosser thing, in the drive thru for Burger King.

A Whopper
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I saw a grosser thing, in the drive thru for Burger King.

A Whopper
    you da man!!

It's always me

• Sock Puppet

I was at a Taco Bell once where a fly came out of the ice tea kettle and into my cup.

I've heard two things you never want to see being made are sausage and laws. I think fast food also applies, especially these days when there is typically "no adult supervision".

• Winter in Oceanside...

I am so not eating at fast food any time soon!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Back when McDonalds had "Grills" ....wow... mid 80's.... I was in Oakland, and the two lovley young men doing the grill work decided to have a "Fry the Loogie" contest. Cleared out the line in 10 seconds flat.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Man O Lantern

.......and that's why I never patronize places with drive-thru windows. Grody to the max!! Not that nice restaurants don't have pest problems, but EW!! That's so foul!!

• pixie cutie

KFC. Years ago, my brother worked at KFC for one day. Why?
    Employees were required to wear boots due to the level of grease on the floor. The grease dripping from the fried chicken is the ingredient
    used to make the gravy for mashed potatos. At the end of the shift,
    his skin was covered in a film of grease.

• Best Buds

I worked at a bakery while I was going to college. I did various jobs in the kitchen. After seeing what went on back there (bakers smoking right over the dough, etc.) I never ate there again. However, the more I tell this story, the more I hear equally horrifying stories about other eateries. Guess it's kind of a universal gross out.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• twinkletwinkle I'm a star

Opened a cheeseburger for my DD a few weeks ago and found a dead fly smooshed into the bun top. !!!!! Now someone had to have seen that! I took it back to the restaurant. (I had gotten it at the drive thru) Showed the manager, she said: 'Ew.' And gave me another cheeseburger. No apology, embarrassment or anything. Not even my money back or an apple pie for my inconvenience of having to come back to the restaurant. Oh and no I didn't accept the new burger. I insisted on my refund for all of our meals, went to the grocery store and bought some frozen dinners to microwave. (Probably another thread about nasty stuff in those too. If so, please don't tell me. )

Well, every restaurant is GOING to attract pests. It's a given. The question is whether they do anything about them. This restaurant clearly had effective pest control... but it was still gross that the rat had to die right in view of the drive-thru line. And the poor rat! But yeah, ew!

I'll still eat there - I know for a fact they take care of the pest issue.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

When I was in high school a couple friends of mine decided to do a Taco Bell run. Well there was a delivery truck outside taking in the "meat" On the side of the box it said, "Grade D, not approved by the American blah blah blah Association" Have never eaten at Taco Bell since.

Regarding the KFC grease used for gravy... that's HOW gravy is made. After you've cooked some meat, let's say a roast, for example, you remove the meat from the pan, then you add some mirepoix (onions, carrots, celery) to the pan, along with something to deglaze the pan, like wine or stock, continue to cook it, then you remove it from heat, strain out the veggies, add a roux, and voila! Gravy.

So yeah, using the chicken grease for the gravy = not disgusting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast