• MC State Comptroller

Just Curious...Who's working Christmas Day/Night?

Hello all,

Just curious who is working Christmas Eve night to Christmas Day and/or who is working Christmas Night?

Unfortunatly i have to work both Christmas eve from 8:30pm-8:30am and Christmas Night from the same time. So i am just seeing who is stuck like me and if you have any traditions that you do to get you through the tough night.

I have the luxury of having a TV in my office so i always watch "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" and then pop in "A Christmas Story".

So do tell, if you work those nights what do you to get through it!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Just Curious...Who's working Christmas Day/Night?

This year I have Christmas eve off but have to work Christmas night. I will be going to work at 7 pm on the 25th and getting off work at 7:30 AM on the 26th. I'm guessing I will be to busy to really notice. I work in a hospital and the last weekend I worked I had 10 admits the first night and spent the second night cleaning up from having someone precede me who had never done the job alone, and who had the computers down for 4 hours.

But at least maybe I will be able to run through Wally World and pick up some of the 50% off stuff!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Gay Man

Well, this is the time of year that many people go away and leave their poor fuzzies all alone. But, this year, they are not alone......Santa Lisa will come and bring them treats and take them for walks. I'll be super busy but it is all very fulfilling work.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Not me, but my hubby does. He's an official for a private railroad here in Montana. Hopefully things will be relatively calm and he'll mainly be home Relative is the key word, he left at 6 this morning and I havn't seen him yet today.

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda
    This year I have Christmas eve off but have to work Christmas night. I will be going to work at 7 pm on the 25th and getting off work at 7:30 AM on the 26th. I'm guessing I will be to busy to really notice. I work in a hospital and the last weekend I worked I had 10 admits the first night and spent the second night cleaning up from having someone precede me who had never done the job alone, and who had the computers down for 4 hours.

But at least maybe I will be able to run through Wally World and pick up some of the 50% off stuff!

Funny I work in a hospital too...as 3rd shift Tech Support and Bio/med! I am the lead with two other people under me one has a young family and the other has grandkids so i volunteered to work Christmas Eve and Night for them. My wife was soo upset, like she was last year, but i needed New Years off for her Christmas Gift (2 week tour to Ireland/UK) which she doesn't know about. So i figure its a fair trade. I mean i would be up early to watch my son open gifts and then i would go back to sleep until lunch anyway so i figure i might as well get paid time and half for it. Plus there is going to be like 30some people at my house on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so all the better!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper
    Funny I work in a hospital too...as 3rd shift Tech Support and Bio/med!
    I'm a monitor tech. (Well one of my two jobs anyway) I started out as an EKG tech, worked as an aide and now am monitor tech. My daughter is grown and out of the house so I don't mind working one or the other holiday, but I won't work both. I've also volunteered (?) to work half a shift on New Years day. One year I worked 3 of the 5 main holidays. At least the last couple of years they started paying time and a half for holidays!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• This $pace for $ale

I have to work from 8 am to only 1pm on the 24th...today was real long worked from 6:45 am to 8pm...ready to pass out.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda
    I'm a monitor tech. (Well one of my two jobs anyway) I started out as an EKG tech, worked as an aide and now am monitor tech.

Wow!!!
    My wife started out as an EKG Tech as well and then ended up heading the CP department in another hospital.
    Last edited by sgtpeper; 12-24-2005 at 12:16 AM.

• Banned User

I work everyday, so its both days for me. 2 hours Saturday and 6 hours Sunday this year.

• love my friends

I have it off from DCA.. it so happened the holidays were on my days off this year.. LUCKY ME

Friends for life