Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Huh?

Re: How do you feel about the Gap?

Don't much like Gap. Or Abercrombie. Or Banana Republic. Or Old Navy. Or any other store of those natures.

I'm too picky, I guess.
    -Tim

• Waiting for the stork

I don't really like their clothes, but I tend to wear bright colors red and Hot Pink are common in my wardrobe...
    and mostly I think their cloths are a bit too high priced for what you get
    BUT...
    I do love their Jeans, the fit me well and I will pay the gap price for jeans that actualy fit my body....
    sometimes I even find cute things

so all in all, their OK, some good finds, but more oftain than not, not my cup of tea.
    procrastibating

I usually don't shop at GAP, but I love Bannana Republic. Got some great deals during the friends and family sale. A friend works a corportate (with everyone's favorite, Paul P.) and sends me a card for the additional discount.

GAP owns Old Navy, GAP and Bannana Republic.
    MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Like TB I love Gap jeans. Out of my favorite pairs only 1 pair isn't Gap(they are the beat down, old broke in just perfect Levi's ever )

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Island Paradise

I'm neutral about The Gap. Coming from the retail environment, a store really has to be "all that" for me to be a frequent customer. The Gap hasn't done that for me in a few years.

• Waiting for the stork

I like the jeans so much though that I have a brand new pair, not even worn yet, but I love the cut, the length is perfect I just have to wait for them to fit me...but by the time I can get into them they probably wont make the style anymore (they change styles on me too much....)

so whats the catch, they are TOO BIG!!!! but I forgot to take them back (oops) but I figure the way I'm going I'll fit in them about the time my current favorites wear out

hey more realistic than trying to lose weight to fit in my new jeans .....
    procrastibating

• Man O Lantern

The Gap and I used to have this little love affair. But sadly....once they pulled down all the giganto posters of Josh Duhamel last fall, I haven't been back.

No, I used to shop there ALL THE TIME. I loved their ribbed knit sweaters and jeans, especially. But it seems that in the last three years, the quality of their clothing took a huge dive. I'm not even thrilled with Banana Republic anymore. I haven't bought Gap jeans in several years...buying that first pair of Sevens did me in. Now when I try on Gap jeans...they look all wrong on me.

I do shop at GapKids though. I love their clothes....sometimes. Every once in a while, they get a season right and I love everything. But when they do a season wrong....holy crap, they get it ALL WRONG...horrid colors, horrid shirts, bad quality, sequins on the jeans, ugly shoes and boots, skazzy tights. Bah!

Fortunately, they did a lot of things right this fall, and I got Chloe's whole wardrobe there. Lots of denim skirts, cute shirts in many colors and patterns, lots of stripes, and very cool tights.

When they have sporty/boyish shirts there, I can get Cassidy some shirts and that's about all she'll wear from there. The jeans have never fit her correctly, no matter the cut. She has NO butt.

Courtney looks better in Levi's....she has two pairs of Gap jeans, and isn't crazy about them. She's a size 0 or a 1....and Levi's look incredible on her. Gap jeans make her butt look weird. Yes, we notice these things. We're girls!

I like their more classic clothes for the younger girls, and if my opinion was the be-all end-all, that's what they would wear. Courtney doesn't like Gap shirts. But she does like some of the more classic cut sweaters. She hates their t-shirts, but they're not Paul Frank or Hurley, basically.

I did love the Sarah Jessica Parker/Josh Duhamel ad campaigns. Almost made me want to shop there. Almost.

And don't get me started on Old Navy. Old Navy needs to just DIE. I wish every single Old Navy store would spontaneously combust at exactly the same time, so I'd never have to see their ill-fitting, poorly made clothing or the Old Navy logo ever again.

So that's how I feel about that.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell

And don't get me started on Old Navy. Old Navy needs to just DIE. I wish every single Old Navy store would spontaneously combust at exactly the same time, so I'd never have to see their ill-fitting, poorly made clothing or the Old Navy logo ever again.
    LOL I don't like Old Navy either. The few clothes my kids have bought there over the years all fell apart within a month. Even their pajamas came unraveled after two wearings!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

GAP was the first store I noticed that charged an outrageous price for a plain white t-shirt. I haven't ever liked them since. I like the clothes (the few times I have been in one... mostly when they had those Josh pics hanging up ) but I can't get over my childhood grudge with them!

I LOVE Old Navy, though. Their clothes last me awhile, usually. Especially the jeans.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    LOL I don't like Old Navy either. The few clothes my kids have bought there over the years all fell apart within a month. Even their pajamas came unraveled after two wearings!
    i can't stand old navy either.the last time i shopped there, the cloth looked so thin, you could see through most everything, and what is up with all the unfinished seams? everything is frayed before it gets worn. the buttons on all the shorts fell off before i even put them on (i know my size and get clothes on sight, almost never try it on)
    i returned everything and told the manager i will take my shopping somewhere else until some sort of quality returns.
    i like to go to the gap for beige pants and white shirts. i thought it was a law. can't stand ambercrombie, i work next to one and their music makes my glassware fall off the shelf.
    please be afraid.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I do love the Gap, and to be honest, I used to love Abercrombie as well. That was during my college days though, I do still have some clothes from Abercrombie, but not that much. Anyways, I find a lot of decent clothes at Gap. I love their jeans, and the clearance and gap outlets are great as well. I really like Banana Republic, but it's too expensive for me in general, and I rarely need to be as formal as clothes from there would make me feel. I like and dislike Old Navy. They have some really good clothes, I like their outlet stores, but some of their clothes along with the need to have the name Old Navy on just about everything gets old to me, but I still shop there as well.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12