View Poll Results: How do people react to you as a Disney fan?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • They love it and love Disney too!

11 9.17%
  • They can't believe it, they think its weird!

77 64.17%
  • Most people don't care.

32 26.67%
  • Well I have kids, so most people get it

6 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Some people just don't understand and don't care, some make jokes about it, but the ones that I get to go to a Disney park with me, end up loving it. Not as much as I do, but they still feel the magic

• Santa Barbara, CA

I went into the Main Street Cinema once and stood up and declared "I'm am a Disneyholic" and they applauded. I know now that it will be a long journey till i can remove my purple Balloo costume and join the rest of the world. When I work at Starbucks they see my Disney necklace and say "Hey, is that Peter Pan?" and i go. "No it's a boy Einstein" and they sulk away with their latte.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    I have one coworker who is thankful for all the DL info I give her to plan her trip while another coworker just thinks I obsess too much on it. Everything in balance I guess.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

I'm a 22 year-old woman who is about to graduate from UCLA. Although I am not from the LA area, I must admit that one of my reasons for attending college in Southern California was to keep Disneyland in close proximity! I love going to the parks during the off-season and finals weeks.
    My friends think my Disney fixation is weird and juvenile, but they are surprised when I recount the politics surrounding Disneyland and the Disney Company today. Admittedly, I favor the heated Disney Company politics over national American politics which are dull in comparison. I submitted my Disney shareholder vote more rapturously than my ballot for US general elections. At the time of the Comcast bid, I made a political painting for class which pitted Walt's legacy against Eisner's tyranny.

• LoisAlene

Nobody understands my Mouse Mania. I wave my Disney Phreak flag high though - it makes it Very easy for anyone shopping for me at gift times.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Space Mountain Expert

I think I speak for the vast majority here when I quote a line from one of our favorite attractions.... 'Everybody's got a Laughin' Place... trouble is, most folks won't take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, mightn't be for another.'

And that's just what Disney and Disneyland is to all of us pure-bloods
    It's our Laughin' Place. Disneyland has been mine ever since I was little, and I'm lucky that I married a girl who loves the park like I do. Our kids will have no choice but vacationing every year in our Laughin' Place.
    And for those of you who are saying that you've got to move on in life and leave the Disney passion behind, I say... 'farewell from MiceChat and don't let the door hit you on the way out!'
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

I havent been subjected to being called weird or odd for being a disney enthuiast ok ok disney freak...hahaaha But if i did id jsut shrug it off . Im only 27 but i am a kid at heart when im at DL even with my kids. Its one of my only place i feel like i can let go and forget my problems. I may at times say, yah the kids love going there thats why we go so much but its more like I love going with my kids..so much.!!! Hahaha. Walt had his dream...made it happen.. now we enjoy his dream and make our children "dream" as well..hey you never know our kids or ourselves can be the next walt disney...a dreamer!.. ok I have no idea if this made sense..but bottomline I AM A DISNEY FREAK!!!..ahahahha
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I get the occasional weird looks as if "What is he thinking Disneyland is awesome". I think my fascination for the park started in elementary school when we would have our candy drive each year. I think we had to sell 4 cases to go to Disneyland for free on a field trip. Being that I went to school on Ball Rd not more than 2 miles from Disneyland just hits home.

I went to a small Catholic school and all of my classmates and I went to school together for 8 years. We were a lot like a family in some ways. Just looking back on those school trips once a year with good friends. I met my first love at Disneyland and shortly there after we got annual passes every year we were together throughout HS. I even managed to work at TLT for 5 months or so before I moved to Vegas. My dad worked at Disneyland back 1968-1970. I still manage to get to the park 3 or 4 times a year living in Vegas. It helps having friends and family still in the area so I don't have to get a hotel otherwise I'd go less =o( and we can't have that.

I think people simply confuse the idea of Disneyland with an amusement park. People want the fast thrills and don't really care about the themeing or queues. I personally love Disneyland for that simple fact. Its the atmosphere, people, smiling faces and seeing people as they actually are for a day. Once you pass through those tunnels you forget everything else in the world and for a day you're living in the moment and it's like being a kid again. I want to be some place surrounded by good and happy people. A place that isn't some cheap facade but rather emmersive and holds my attention all day. Sure Magic Mountain has a few great coasters but I don't care for the atmosphere and gangs you see walking around..it makes it hard to relax and enjoy your day.

Disneyland for me is home, its where I feel most at peace and comfortable to be me.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by XterraceEmp
    I
    I think people simply confuse the idea of Disneyland with an amusement park. People want the fast thrills and don't really care about the themeing or queues. I personally love Disneyland for that simple fact. Its the atmosphere, people, smiling faces and seeing people as they actually are for a day. Once you pass through those tunnels you forget everything else in the world and for a day you're living in the moment and it's like being a kid again. I want to be some place surrounded by good and happy people. A place that isn't some cheap facade but rather emmersive and holds my attention all day. Sure Magic Mountain has a few great coasters but I don't care for the atmosphere and gangs you see walking around..it makes it hard to relax and enjoy your day.

Disneyland for me is home, its where I feel most at peace and comfortable to be me.
    I think that a lot of it has to do will strong feelings of childhood nostalgia. Some of those memories can be very strong. One that lingers to this day is when my dad took me on my 6th birthday. We were in the now defunct skyway at night and he gave me some milk chocolate he has just purchased. All I remember is how good it was (it must have been some quality swiss stuff). I don't remember much else about that trip (except that the Matterhorn was scary). But I do remember being very happy and that it was a very special day. It is indeed "The Happiest Place on Earth".

My kids (16, 14, 11) also agree. There is no other place they would rather visit (except perhaps WDW - a tie)

• i want a mint julep

People think it is weird that I'm all up in Disney's business. Usually the want to know why I care so much, it is just a theme park. But I explain to them that Disneyland is like our city's national park, a place that I love and adore and want to protect. I am fasinated by the changes being made and the politics that underline those changes.
    i caught you a delicious bass.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari to Kurai
    Ah, I go through the same thing too, my aunt told me WDW was better than Disneyland, because it's bigger...I was ready to crack her upside the head! And when WDW is refered to over here people call it Disneyland, it pisses me off like nothing else.
    Loud and clear!

•   
    • Minion

My Brother says I should be a cast member because I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of all things Disney... There must be some truth to it, because it is the only way I know how to spell e-n-c-y-c-l-o-p-e-d-i-a....
    Check out my other blog:

• A Little Rabid

Actually, my Literature teacher has since dubbed me the 'Disney Representetive' since I mentioned that John Rolfe was featured in Pocahantas II after discussing the accounts of John Smith. She noticed this first when I correct her when she said they set up 'Fantasia' at night. She's always making some sort of allusion to Disney. I'm just the one to correct her.

And anytime one of those infamous urban legends pop about surrounding some of the company's animated films, I'm there to defend it. I even keep evidence in my Literature notebook. I even added a few snippets that dealt with Eisner during a discussion. Heck, I even used him as an example for the new essay in the SATs. Either way, the rest of my class thinks it's odd that I'm devoting myself to the Disney name rather than parties, my looks or boys. I have better things to do... it's called imagineering.

Anti-social as I am, I have a tight knit of friends who love Disney though my boyfriend and I head the fandom. We're always bringing up memories from a recent trip from the parks or talking about the current news. Currently, we're planning our prom... at, of course, none other than Disneyland.
    I lurk.

• Minion

One of my teachers gave me a nick name of sorts name, it was "Walt Disney", I still find it strange, since i'm a girl, but it's cool nonetheless. My friends christened me with the nickname, "Mickey", because it's the only thing that's close enough to my name Michaela.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    Either way, the rest of my class thinks it's odd that I'm devoting myself to the Disney name rather than parties, my looks or boys. I have better things to do... it's called imagineering.

• Reaver of Souls

I deny my association comletely! Dis-who? I denied that I was a Disney fan 3 times in one night once. After the third one, a rooster crowed... Wonder what that was all about....
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast