View Poll Results: How do people react to you as a Disney fan?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • They love it and love Disney too!

11 9.17%
  • They can't believe it, they think its weird!

77 64.17%
  • Most people don't care.

32 26.67%
  • Well I have kids, so most people get it

6 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Old Timer

I don't care

It may be more truthful to say that I don't realy care what people think. I've benn with Renaissance Faires for decades, I've been a beatnik, a hippie, and generally my own person. I've been coming to the Park since shortly after it opened. Most of my friends and family are fairly supportive of my odd habits and those who have a problem with it; it's their problem.

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman
    It may be more truthful to say that I don't realy care what people think. I've benn with Renaissance Faires for decades, I've been a beatnik, a hippie, and generally my own person. I've been coming to the Park since shortly after it opened. Most of my friends and family are fairly supportive of my odd habits and those who have a problem with it; it's their problem.
    Uh oh, a Rennie! I feel ya, I'm a lapsed SCA guy myself...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• something else...

I think it's really sad when it gets to the point that when you're writing the essay part of the new SAT and the prompt has something to do with creativity and you automatically fit Disneyland into your writing. Ending it of course with..."Mr. Walt Disney said 'As long as there is imagination left in the world, Disneyland will never be complete.'"

Hypothetically speaking of course.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Banned User

Most people don't care or just don't get it. They ask me what there is to be so intruiged by Disney or Disneyland. I CAN NOT STAND when people just refer to it as a cheap kiddy thing or associate it with big crowds and long lines. There is so much more to it that deserves credit.

• Disneyland Freak

How do people react to you as a Disney fan?
    Answer: "And you're NOT gay?"
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Waiting for the stork

most of my family and friends just roll their eyes at "my little obsession"
    they tollerate Disney filled conversations, and listen to my rambleing on about all things Disney (on some level most of them are Disney fans but nothing like I am)
    (that's why it's so nice to have these boards...I can talk Disney all I want, and You guys actual understand )

However whenever anyone who knows me is planning a trip they know exactly who to ask there questions to...and boy do I have answers...

the only downside, noone will play Disney trivia with me anymore
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I hate when people find out how much I love Disney and they're all like, "Oh, well you have a young son." and I'm like "What the heck does that have to do with it???"
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle

the only downside, noone will play Disney trivia with me anymore

UGH!! Don't you hate that! I have three disney games in my closet that never see the light of day. Not much fun by yourself!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• I am a Pluto lover

I have 3 sisters and we are all Disneyland freaks. My co-workers can not understand how I can start planning my trip 6 months before I go. They think I have lost it. Since I only get to go once a year this trip is all Ive talked of and I amaze my co-workers with the fact that I know more about the Disney Execs than the ones at my own job. My teenage son even rolls his eyes at me when I talk about our trip. I'll never "grow" out of my love for DLR.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Space Mountain Expert

I'm with you on that one MellyMouse. I'll never grow out of my love for the House of Mouse. It's my home away from home.
    Now, if I could only find a way to retire 34 years early and move to some cozy condo. in Ahaheim, I'd be set!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• This Maid Loves it!!

My fellow cast members think im a dork...but im not a disney freak! I do now a few disney freaks, and I think they are proud. LOL.
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking
    I'm with you on that one MellyMouse. I'll never grow out of my love for the House of Mouse. It's my home away from home.
    Now, if I could only find a way to retire 34 years early and move to some cozy condo. in Ahaheim, I'd be set!
    My fellow CMs know that I love Disneyland! (Some of them even call Sleeping Beauty's Castle my home/castle). I must agree that it does have something to do with the atmosphere of fantasy and the memories of our childhood.

Many people are very interested/obsessed/etc. with Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, South Park, Simpsons, Lord of the Rings, The OC, sports, etc. What is the difference between these obsessions and Disney? Nothing except the fact that Disney has a common association with children.

The fact that many of us can turn a conversation or add to one with Disney information or a common topic just shows that we are smart. It doesn't mean others aren't as smart, we just have extra knowledge. Many people don't understand why and how we can do that so they just claim that we're weird or childish. I simply don't care. I am my own person. I am a 18-year-old college female who loves Mickey and Disney. My boyfriend can't always handle the 24/7 Disney stuff, but he knows it is important to me. I don't attack his Star Trek or Fark fetish. One thing I have noticed is that Disney crosses so far as a large company that it is a lot easier to place it into the conversation versus other obsessions. Long live us with our pixie dust!

• Junior Senior

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    Actually, my Literature teacher has since dubbed me the 'Disney Representetive' since I mentioned that John Rolfe was featured in Pocahantas II after discussing the accounts of John Smith. She noticed this first when I correct her when she said they set up 'Fantasia' at night. She's always making some sort of allusion to Disney. I'm just the one to correct her.
    Hahaha I thought I was the only one who became known in a class for always pulling examples from Disney. My history teacher began to defer to me on all topics, not just Disney, but both tourism and the entertainment business in general. I was in the class during the recession and the dip in tourism that his after 9/11 and I was the only one who was following it so avidly, heh. It was pretty awesome. He brought up the Disney's America park a few times and I got to defend the concept. Jolly times.

• Queen of Randomness

I am a college student too and most of my friends understand that it is my little obsession and just think I am a little silly.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

People think its wierd. I just turned thirty and most of my t-shirts are disney related. I only shop at malls that have a disney store. Just went yesturday and bought two shirts. I love disney. When we move next summer my kitchen is going to all disney.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast