View Poll Results: How do people react to you as a Disney fan?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • They love it and love Disney too!

11 9.17%
  • They can't believe it, they think its weird!

77 64.17%
  • Most people don't care.

32 26.67%
  • Well I have kids, so most people get it

6 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

I am a HUGE fan of disney, but unless you know me or asked me something Disney related, you would probably never know. I don't wear Mickey Mouse clothes, or put mickey mouse heads on my car....

However, if you ask me about Disneyland or Disney movies, then you'll be amazed. At Blockbuster customers always ask me about Disney movies and whatnot. All my friends understand that I enjoy Disney so much because of the innocence factor, and nostalgia. I think everyone can relate to that, since most people have visited Disneyland at least once (in Southern California anyway...).

If I was just a freak for Disney stuff, then I think people would wonder why I was so fanatica, but whenever they ask, I always have an answer that makes sense!

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    Tonight its Beauty and the Beast, tomorrow I think we're looking at Mary Poppins. O ya, and we sing ALL of the songs, and we're ALL off key
    that's AWESOME and so darn cute. Can I put you in a box and keep you under my bed??
    Last edited by DisquietingMetamorphosis; 03-17-2005 at 01:57 PM.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by DisquietingMetamorphosis
    that's AWESOME and so darn cute. Can I put you in a box and keep you under my bed?
    I wanna be in a box!?!

• DLRP Mental

Well living in England all I get is you are such a freak from many people, although the odd few people do take interest cos it is something to semi talk about most think I am sad. My family don't understand it although my big sister hides that she loves Disneyland Resort Paris, and I can just say that really people who don't like something always lead very boring and dull lives. So people obviously just think oh right and walk off, some people here never visit any Disney Resort and never will understand what it is to go back to a Disney Resort. I do of course sometimes stand out a bit with my Disneyland Park fleece and top from Disneyland Resort Paris. People just think overall weird and don't care but I think they don't understand and so never will.

• A Little Rabid

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMorgy
    I think it's really sad when it gets to the point that when you're writing the essay part of the new SAT and the prompt has something to do with creativity and you automatically fit Disneyland into your writing. Ending it of course with..."Mr. Walt Disney said 'As long as there is imagination left in the world, Disneyland will never be complete.'"
    That or stating in your essay that Eisner happens to be the source of pollution in the creative fields since his eyes have been only set on money. You actually use a whole paragraph to prove that creativity is that vital because people like him are robbing our sciety of its culture.

Now THAT's what I did. Scout's honor! And on the SATs. I bet you anything that the people who're grading my essay will have a permanent funny look on their faces as they read it.

Back on topic... my mom thinks it's one of my phases. If she gets THAT annoyed, she'd mumble something like, "All you talk about is Disney. You're beginning to look like Mickey because of it." She's the one worried that I'm not your standard teenager. :o
    I lurk.

• șoș Tom șoș

We got moved? Either my thread is so boring it was clogging the arteriesof the Disneyland room or we got so much love they deceided to open us up for all our Disney fans to share! Whoop whoop. The Passion of the Disney continues...

• dizneyholic
    I'm a guy in college, I'm 6'5, and I'm 18.I've been a Disney fan since before I was born. My friends would like to think that anything Disney is sissy and doesn't mean you're a "man" but there's nothing that compares to going to disneyland and feeling as if you've come home and it's where you belong. I have converted some of my friends to see whet "Disney Magic" is all about and now they are buying AP's. Disney is alive and well and i Love it don't let anyone tell you other wise

• Waiting for the stork

I have converted a friend into a new found 'Disney Dork"
    He and his family (wife and DD) went to DL about a month ago for the first time....now he is planning 2(?) more trips before summer....
    Yeah!!!!!
    I finaly have another Disney Dork to talk to in person (until he 'turned' you guys are the only ones who I talk to, at least you all understand my obbsesion)

He's figured out the web sites, is finding great deals....He has found his 'Happy place'

he has yet to be sucked into he life of discussion boards though.............................

It really is fun to watch someone "discover" there love of Disney...
    procrastibating

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    "You're going to Disneyland AGAIN??!? But.... didn't you just go last week?"

Yup.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• dizneyholic
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    "You're going to Disneyland AGAIN??!? But.... didn't you just go last week?"

Yup.
    If I had a nickel everytime i heard that why i would be a millioniare!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345