View Poll Results: How do people react to you as a Disney fan?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • They love it and love Disney too!

11 9.17%
  • They can't believe it, they think its weird!

77 64.17%
  • Most people don't care.

32 26.67%
  • Well I have kids, so most people get it

6 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

How do people react to your passion for Disney?

Dearest Disney Fans-

Over the weekend I met something amazing- a young woman who just didn't like Disneyland. She could not understand my love for the parks and the entertainment and it occured to me there must be a lot of people like this young woman.

Some of wear our love for Disney on our sleeve, other show very little but if and when people uncover that you are an adult who loves Disney how do they react? This question will change for those of you who have children because people are more understanding of it then.

• I was deleted.

I'm 18 years old and in college. My dorm is covered and decorated in Mickey Mouse. (I should show you all sometime.) I recently started HappiestCruise.com, I have a Disneyland AP and I live in Minnesota, I work at The Disney Store, I applied for the WDW college program, and my AIM screen name is BigPigletFan. So I am a bit of a fan to say the least.

Most people either fall into one of two categories:
    1) They loved Disney a lot when they were little and think it's cute. If they are my friends or someone like my roommate, they think it's cute, watch the movies with me, etc. and just be nice about it.
    2) They don't quite understand me. This would be many of my classmates, some friends, and used to be my parents (they are now like #1). They simply view me as obsessive and don't understand. Most of the time these people just tend to love something totally different than something Disney so they can't pick up on a relation.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Welp, I don't show it to much on the outside anymore but when I was in my twenties and thirties, I wore Disney. I even had a Mickey Mouse Club sticker on my cobstruction helmet. Most people thought I hadn' t grown up and this was just an extention of that. Course, I am 51 now and still have not grown up,,,, My Disney stuff has become more.. elitist. I am so Disney, I have a piece of CBJ in my computer room.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• /sigh

It's a little hard discussing Disney at work, in a professional environment; either it's innapropriate or juvinile. Even family and freinds tend to get a little tired of the topic. But, finding those who share in the excitement of all that is Disney is truely great.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

In my experiences, some laugh, say I'm crazy, and forget about it until I reference Disney again, and the cycle just repeats itself.

Some say I'm being juvenile (18 yr old male in college, so yes, I am juvenile, but now when it comes to Disney lol)

Others don't get it

Others actualy embrace it. My school (UCSD) is on a quarter system, meaning we get three sets of finals during the school year instead of 2 like most school. We have one set in December before winter break, one set NOW!!! right before spring break (today is the beginning of finals week, Lord have mercy on my soul) and one at the end of the year in June. Last quarter, my roommates and some of our guy friends we've met decided that the perfect way to take a break from studying for finals each night is to watch a different Disney movie. So thats what we do now. Twelve "juvenile" college guys, all stressed to the max because of finals, watching Disney movies (always beginning at 2AM too, so it goes Disney, then bed). Luckily for them, I brought most of my Disney DVDs from home hehehe. So far this quarter we've done Peter Pan, Goofy Movie and Mulan. Tonight its Beauty and the Beast, tomorrow I think we're looking at Mary Poppins. O ya, and we sing ALL of the songs, and we're ALL off key

So in conclusion, the experiences of people's reactions towards Disney and my obsession can vary as much as it varies for my stances on politics, on what my favorite football team is, anything really.

P.S. Any requests for a movie to be watched? lol, anything you guys might think would help relieve the pressures of finals?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• șoș Tom șoș

P.S. Any requests for a movie to be watched? lol, anything you guys might think would help relieve the pressures of finals?
    Highly recommend a forgotten Disney classic live action film called "Flight of the Navigator" pure gold!

Or I am a big fan of the old "Treasure Island" and or "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"

• /sigh

OMG!!! Flight o fthe Navigator was my all time FAV movie when I was younger. I remember watching that film over and over again till the tape began to break. Even now, when I hear Beach Boys, I'm reminded of the movie.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• șoș Tom șoș

Remake oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    OMG!!! Flight o fthe Navigator was my all time FAV movie when I was younger. I remember watching that film over and over again till the tape began to break. Even now, when I hear Beach Boys, I'm reminded of the movie.
    I smell remake potiential! Expanded plot, more ships, goto the home world, etc! They are making Herbie Fully Loaded why not Navigator Flies Again. Bring back the guy who played the boy, get a cool kid actor to play his son. Oscar magic in the works here people!

• 'member?

I've found that there are so many cool Disney things, I can always find something cool to share with everyone, even non-fans. I really think it's all in the presentation. About half of the Disney trips we've taken have been with friends who are Disney skeptics, and most of them turn into major fans.
    In January, I started The MousePod (can you tell from my screen name or my sig?), a web-based Disney radio show. The emails that I've been getting have been an almost even split between CMs (and super-hardcore fans) who have stories and memories to share and people who have never been to a Disney park ever but who are now making plans to go. I start off the current show with an audio message from a new Dis convert.
    So I guess that on the surface, most people act like they think it's weird, but when you scratch their surface there's a Disney fan waiting to get out.

My family thinks it's weird ... we would go about twice a year since I was 5 and around the age of 16 I started going 2-4 times a year ... I think I became a full-blown Disney addict when I was 19 b/c I started buying trivia and behind the scene books which lead to boards like this.

My BF thought it was weird when we first started dating, he did not understand why I wanted to go all the time ... he only thought a DL trip was a once a year thing but now I have him going 8-10 times a year and just recently he has been asking about what's going on with the parks ... I almost fell out of my chair when he asked me to see pictures of the "buzz ride with the guns"

• e komo mai

You'll always meet a Disney Muggle or two in your life. Don't let it bug you. Keep on doing what you do. What people think of you is none of your business. Who cares? Just be yourself.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by AStarOnMars
    My family thinks it's weird ... we would go about twice a year since I was 5 and around the age of 16 I started going 2-4 times a year ... I think I became a full-blown Disney addict when I was 19 b/c I started buying trivia and behind the scene books which lead to boards like this.

My BF thought it was weird when we first started dating, he did not understand why I wanted to go all the time ... he only thought a DL trip was a once a year thing but now I have him going 8-10 times a year and just recently he has been asking about what's going on with the parks ... I almost fell out of my chair when he asked me to see pictures of the "buzz ride with the guns"
    He is a lucky man, if I could find a good woman who loved Disney and wanted to have a Disney family, I could be a happy man for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    He is a lucky man, if I could find a good woman who loved Disney and wanted to have a Disney family, I could be a happy man for the rest of my life
    My Mom thinks I got the Disney bug from my Aunt ... her house could be the vintage World of Disney Store ... and it all goes to me when she moves b/c she doesn't want to take it with her however she's not into the parks anymore ... I've tried many time to get her to go but she does not want to

• Metal Head

yeah when I tell my co-workers what I paid for the passes they were dumbfounded. Like it would be better spent on coors light or something
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Hooterville, USA

In the movie City Slickers, Curly tells Billy Crystal that the secret to life is one thing. DL to us is that one thing. Most people never figure out their "one thing". We are the fortunate ones.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast