Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

vacation time is aproaching, where should I go?

I really want to relax this time,so I have come up with two different idea';s
    one is to Disneyland and DCa and Knotts, the other is to a motel on a beach some where and just collect my self, sea shells and play in the sand.
    I know the second sounds boring but the ocean is so awsome to me since I do not ever get to see it, and of course disneyland is awsome.
    If you had a choice of 5 days to relax, enjoy the time away from work and little ones ( I may take my 11 year old this time) where would you go and why?
    I have limited money and will need to fly ...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: vacation time is aproaching, where should I go?

Well, I would go to Disneyland. I go every year on very limited funds, just ask D-mom. We all seriously end the trips with under $20 to our names every time. It normally costs me around $600 total for the flight, park tickets, hotel and food and that's normally a 4 day trip and cutting corners everywhere. Maybe you could go there for 2 days and then move to the beach for a couple of days?

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• no flash photography...

I'm on vacation right now and normally I enjoy relaxing around home. (normally, but we all know why it's not like this now....)...anyway, when I go places I find I do not relax. i'm on the go all the time. My next planned trip will be either to yosemite or sequoia. I figure I will be on the go, but I can at least relax enjoying nature and do what I love most. Photography......I love the beach as well, but I'm one of those odd ducks that likes it most in the winter. I don't go in the water, but I love watching the waves and just walking on the beach. When I go in the ocean it's with tanks, mask and fins...LOL

• Banned User

600.00 wow!! how far away do you live? I see there is some good prices on some motels, and flights, I found yesterday.one was 879.00 for the motel and flight but it was a 1 star motel.
    where did you find your good deals and is it a certain time of year where the prices are the lowest?

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I'm in Texas, so it's not close at all. I always go for July 17th for DL's birthday and mine (same day) and Dsnylndmom is the ruler of all deal getting in the world. Usually I can fly for under $200, share a hotel so it's pretty cheap, I've managed to get deals on park hopper's most of the times and then try not to spend a lot on food. I flew on AirTran the last two trips because they are so much cheaper than everything else and I work the days around the cheapest. This past July, D-mom picked me up and I stayed at her house for two days because it was WAY cheaper to fly there on Wednesday than it was to fly on Thursday or Friday.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• I'm your huckleberry.

Karla - Just FYI I live fairly close to San Diego. If you do the Disneyland thing, maybe you could take a day or two and I can show you the beaches in Carlsbad and San Diego. Truly beautiful!!! I'm about 60 miles from Dland and another 60 to downtown San Diego. We can work out the logistics, but I'd be glad to drive you around! If you bring the munchkin, I'll drag my daughter so they can entertain eachother!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• most magical vaca ever

I find myself asking the same question every year and on the years we don't go to WDW we say "We wish we were at WDW"

Our trip earlier this month to AZ was VERY relaxing.... So now that I am in such a need for a Disney fix I'm routing for DL
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Karla, I think it depends on what you want to accomplish with your trip. I'm a diehard DL/WDW vacationer. But, we went to St. Kitt's for 10 days 2 years ago and I would go again in a heartbeat. While DL/WDW is great fun, its also fast paced and a bit frantic whereas a beach vacation is all about relaxation. We had no plans in St. Kitts, we slept in, went to the beach, gambled, explored the island and many other things. Its the only vacation I ever came home from where I was relaxed and stress free. It was truly magical!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Hawaii !!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    Karla, I think it depends on what you want to accomplish with your trip. I'm a diehard DL/WDW vacationer. But, we went to St. Kitt's for 10 days 2 years ago and I would go again in a heartbeat. While DL/WDW is great fun, its also fast paced and a bit frantic whereas a beach vacation is all about relaxation. We had no plans in St. Kitts, we slept in, went to the beach, gambled, explored the island and many other things. Its the only vacation I ever came home from where I was relaxed and stress free. It was truly magical!
    yeah, see this is just it, do I want ot run all over frantically or acually rest and recoup. I am beat. with taking care of parents and kids I really need to rest ans relax. I really want to see the new rides, I have always wanted to do magic mountain, but the truth is, I would also love to see some beautiful sites and relax to. Money wise its expensive to fly out of Butte, and we have only small planes that come and go from here. If I was to fly out some where else it would be a bother since I would have to leave my car and the expence of this is also a lot.
    So it will have to be one place and back home again.
    ( sorry Hyper but I could not afford to fly into one airport then out another.
    I am thinking a nice trip to a nice beach,motel and sun would be a nice change. we shall see what I come up with and the cost. Any travel agents here on mice chat

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

im kind of pissed off, my parents were talking either taking us to DLR or hawaii, but then france came up, and we were seriously considering going. Which would be cool, because I could meet up with an exchange student friend I have that I met in NZ, and lives in france. We would also go to Eurodisney (sue me) but now it sounds like we're going to hawaii. I DONT WANT TO GO TO ******* HAWAII!!! Its boring as hell there, i am NOT one for beaches at all.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    yeah, see this is just it, do I want ot run all over frantically or acually rest and recoup. I am beat. with taking care of parents and kids I really need to rest ans relax. I really want to see the new rides, I have always wanted to do magic mountain, but the truth is, I would also love to see some beautiful sites and relax to. Money wise its expensive to fly out of Butte, and we have only small planes that come and go from here. If I was to fly out some where else it would be a bother since I would have to leave my car and the expence of this is also a lot.
    So it will have to be one place and back home again.
    ( sorry Hyper but I could not afford to fly into one airport then out another.
    I am thinking a nice trip to a nice beach,motel and sun would be a nice change. we shall see what I come up with and the cost. Any travel agents here on mice chat
    Karla - get quotes on the Allegiant Air flights out of Missoula to Vegas and then look at secondary flights. Its not cheap to fly anywhere out of MT.

Tui - have you done Hawaii? That's on our list for this year too, we've got an east coast tour or Hawaii. Or we could do Hawaii and my son and I could do New York for a long weekend. Although, I'm sure he would side with you and pick Europe. It's always hard to pick.

• I'm your huckleberry.

sorry Hyper but I could not afford to fly into one airport then out another.
    No need to fly from one airport to another, its all driveable! Just let me know if you change your mind.

Any travel agents here on mice chat
    Wolfy999 is a travel agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL

Tui - have you done Hawaii? That's on our list for this year too, we've got an east coast tour or Hawaii. Or we could do Hawaii and my son and I could do New York for a long weekend. Although, I'm sure he would side with you and pick Europe. It's always hard to pick.
    i did Hawaii a few years back, like I said before, I'm really not one for beaches. So I found myself walking up and down Waikiki(sp?) which is the main shopping street and all that, while my family was at the beach...

I'd much rather go to an amusement park or something....Europe would be so awesome too.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Karla, Karla, Karla *shakes head* We went over this. You need to fly down and stay at the brand new hotel they just built within walking distance of my house and then I can take you to the beach which is 10 minutes away. Then after you have relaxed for a few days we can hope over to WDW and get the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast