Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MC State Comptroller

How do you want to be buried?

My uncle in NJ just passed away on Friday 12/23 from a long battle with cancer and congestive heart failure. He was 82, so he lived a full life, but his death has got me thinking about my own mortaility and burial. He wanted to be creamated and his ashes spread at the Grand Canyon, which is what we are going to. Now this got me to start thinking about my own burial process and i am seriously thinking about being cremated too and dividing my ashes by giving half to my wife and son and taking the other half and spliting that up amongst my 4 closest friends and having them spread them someplace that holds a special meaning to them in regards to our friendship. I would also want my wife to spread some of them at DL at some of our places like on main street right near the Disney statue, and on Mark Twain Island and by the peoplemover track. I guess what i am asking in this rambiling post, is how do you want to be buried or creamated, and if the Disney people would allow it or if you would have to do it on the downlow...probably the latter!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Banned User

Re: How do you want to be buried?

I want to be stuffed and mounted.

and a big party

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla

Touche!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

• Banned User

I am really sorry for your lossSgtpeper.
    I know when my granny passed away mom and her brother each got half of the ashes. mom buried them in her yard and had a beautiful head stone put in place. She plants the most beautiful flowers around it.
    Lets hope you are around a very long time!!

oh and I still want to be stuffed and mounted

I am going to be cremated and have asked my friends to sneak them into DL and dump them in the planter at the Partners Statue.

Before anyone goes off, I know it is illegal.

How cool would it be that anyone who wanted to "visit" me didn't need to go to a cemetary but could go to Disneyland!!
    MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Give Peace a Chance

I am very sorry for your loss sgtpeper. My parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles, and brother and even in-laws have all been buried. I guess I haven't given it much thought, I don't have any objections to cremation I just think I would prefer to be buried. Death, like illness has a way of bringing ones own being into perspective. I too hope you live a long and productive life.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Give Peace a Chance

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney
    I am going to be cremated and have asked my friends to sneak them into DL and dump them in the planter at the Partners Statue.

How cool would it be that anyone who wanted to "visit" me didn't need to go to a cemetary but could go to Disneyland!!
    Mega, I'd put you in a salt shaker and dump you anywhere you want to be dumped.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla

and a big party
    You don't have to be dead for that....
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• love my friends

I dont really know....... I hate to be burned (I hate fire) but then there are BUGS and I hate those

THats it.. I AM NOT GOING TO DIE

Friends for life

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney

You see to me that's so cool.

I know that death is unpredictable, but barring any major diaster or accident, i will precede my wife into death. It is a fact that we had to face, even before we got married I am just happy that what i have is not contagious or i would never forgive myself, and with that fact i would want to be someplace that i could be with my wife and child when they go to the happiest place on earth. A place where not only Me and my child have happy memories, but a place where me and wife have some great memories as well. It seems important to me and my belief system to be a part of something that has given me such joy. Plus i would never have to pay admission again!!

I just want to say sorry if this post is morbid and a downer, it is just something i am thinkng of since i am about to sleep in a bedroom right across the hall of my uncles old bedroom. We are supposed to leave at 3am to start our trip to the Uk and Ireland, my health is good for the moment, a beautiful woman is sleeping right beside me and i am talking about burial ideas with the great mice chatters!!! I think we need to change the name of the thread to

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SGTPEPER
    Discuss!!!

Thanks you guys and just incase the old laptop not working in the UK have a great New Year's!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl
    Mega, I'd put you in a salt shaker and dump you anywhere you want to be dumped.
    I knew I could count on you!!!!

I think facing your own mortality is a part of growing up. I have to face the fact that I have outlived all my Dr's predictions (was given 5-8 years over 12 years ago) so I could croak at anytime, and I am fine with that. I actually find great strength in it. I find a reason to LOVE EVERYDAY and I make every attempt to live my life to its fullest. It may sound strange but when I was diagnosed I thought it was the end of the world, now I think it is the best thing that ever happened to me.
    MEGADISNEY
    D23 Charter Member

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

My mom was just discussing this with me on Christmas Day.

She told me that her ashes are willed to me, and she has a few specific instructions, one of which is that I'm to carry a small portion with me to Disneyland for a day, so we can have a day together. I told her I'd make sure I ride Space Mountain, since I know she hates it. (She laughed.)

• Circle of Ancients

I'm not going to go into the "Right or Wrong" of being cremated and spread at Disneyland ... we are all Disney freaks and we have all thought about it.
    But ... how long do you really think you will stay there? The rivers get drained ever 10 years or so, planters get re-planted and if you are just dumped on the ground you will be picked up in an hour.

That being said ... I know I want to be cremated. As to where I want my ashes to go, I have no idea. Maybe blasted into outer space.

I realize that my actual ashes wouldn't last long, to me that isn't the point.

My "spirit" will always be there for my friends and family.

I could care less if I was left in the dumpster for Waste Management to haul me off to a landfill. My family and friends on the other hand would care.
    MEGADISNEY
    D23 Charter Member

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I'm not going to go into the "Right or Wrong" of being cremated and spread at Disneyland ... we are all Disney freaks and we have all thought about it.
    But ... how long do you really think you will stay there? The rivers get drained ever 10 years or so, planters get re-planted and if you are just dumped on the ground you will be picked up in an hour.

That being said ... I know I want to be cremated. As to where I want my ashes to go, I have no idea. Maybe blasted into outer space.
    I want to be cremated and spread around WDW but in the bathrooms because apparently those never get cleaned anymore so I'm safe!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast