• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Question I got something wierd in the mail today!

So I go out to check my mail this afternoon and along with the usual grocery store ads, junk mail, etc is a box. I take the box inside and read the label. It has my name and address on the address part. There is no return address. Instead it says "Book Buddies--Pass It On!". The postal stamp says Forestdale, MA. That's Massachussetts, right? I don't KNOW anybody in Mass.

There were 4 books--2 sci-fi/fantasy, one 'true life' adventure about a woman and a chicken farm and one looks like a western mystery.

Where on earth did they come from? I wonder who sent them and why? I didn't join any book clubs recently and I cannot figure out who sent them to me. It's really creeping me out right now because I keep wondering where they came from. The books were wrapped in some white paper towels (Brawny I think..they had the round scrubby bits embossed all over them) and I didn't notice anything unusual about the packaging..it was a smallish brown box covered in clear packing tape.

So who sent these?

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Man O Lantern

Re: I got something wierd in the mail today!

That's odd!! And what are you supposed to do?? You're just supposed to pass them on? That's so weird...

• A Pirate's life for me!

Sounds like a chain letter thing.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them. Somebody told me the book about the woman on a chicken farm (The Egg and I) is the basis for all of those incredibly cute and somewhat funny Ma and Pa Kettle movies I used to watch with my Grandma.

Hm...
    Two of them (the ones by Lois M. Bujold) look (based on teh cover anyway) like those cheesy romance novels you buy at the grocery store, only with a sci-fi/fantasy theme.

Mmm..heaving bosoms and bulging man bits!

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Circle of Ancients

Hmmmm, maybe you have a secret admirer who's seen you at the library checking out those types of books. It's gotta be a man ....only a man would use paper towels as gift wrap. And you said they were Brawny right?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Um, if you didn't order them and you don't know who sent them, I would have tossed them IMMEDIATELY. In this climate right now, who knows what they were laced with.

I have a common name and get stuff all the time. I go from the mailbox to the rubbish bin and toss away.

That's my overly paranoid suggestion. Of course, I live in a constant state of fear, so I could, and probably am, wrong.

Peace with whatever,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Happy New Year to all

Interesting. If they were sent by Fedex/UPS you can track the number on the internet and see if that gives you anyidea who sent them. Otherwise I would call the company from where they came and see if they can give you any information...who knows they may send you a bill for them.....I agree with one of the other responses I would send them back where they came from. Just my thought.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

thats strange. I probably would have tossed them in the trash. I am not very trusting. too weird
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Pay it forward!

I think that is cool!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

Pay it forward is very cool. I'm just wondering how they got it mailed with no return address. I tried that once and the post office refused to accept it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I did a quick Web Search but didn't find much...
    http://servicelearning.org/lib_svcs/...ibrary_id=5740 Talks about how it was an school program - 5 year olds, 5th graders and senior citizens.

but how it came to you... I have no clue!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...