Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Its tax season time!! yay or nay for you?

Now I know some of you hate this time of year, I know for me its wonderful, but I am a single mom and the money I get back will be paying my credit cards off. How may of you do your own, and how many of you go to a tax office to have it done?
    I personnaly go to H&R Block, as I am not to bright in the tax department, I did have a friend do it one year, but man I found out later I would have gotten so much more back. I am looking forward to this time of year, I can finally get out from under debt!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Its tax season time!! yay or nay for you?

We have our taxes done. It's the best decision we ever made. My hubby works in an industry where things are a bit complicated and we've never wanted to deal with it.
    I love it, I've already heard from the tax guy and we have an appointment to get ours done.
    We pay in extra so we always get a return which goes straight into the vacation fund. Now we just have to decide what we are doing this year!

•   
    • So fetch

I love tax time. It's puts my organization skills to good use (other than reorganizing my closets for the zillionth time). We have an awesome tax guy that my husband has been going to for years. We're waiting for a few things to come in the mail and then we'll be making our appointment. And our return will help us get ahead financially by paying off this huge medical bill we have had nagging at us for the past year.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Now I know some of you hate this time of year, I know for me its wonderful, but I am a single mom and the money I get back will be paying my credit cards off. How may of you do your own, and how many of you go to a tax office to have it done?
    I personnaly go to H&R Block, as I am not to bright in the tax department, I did have a friend do it one year, but man I found out later I would have gotten so much more back. I am looking forward to this time of year, I can finally get out from under debt!
    Did you know Karla that you can redo your taxes and get the money back that you didn't get originally? An accountant friend of mine told me that, he said that the money is yours, the government isn't going to go out of their way to tell you that they owe you MORE money but you can ask them for it.

Oh and I'm filing today if I can, I have worked at the same place and I have all my information from my last paycheck. I'm getting a decent amount with having to claim my daughter that so many things are going to happen in the next few weeks for us.

• Banned User

you mean I do not have to wait for my w2's to file if its on my pay stuf Summer?? wow, please tell meso I can run out and file!!! I am so excited to pay off 4 cards. I will once again be in the clear to save up for my vacation if I can get one in. I am cutting those cards up! the fifth card will take me about 3 months to pay, but I am doing it! then I am done with my cards. I am putting one away in case of emergency but other wise its cash and carry and no more credit!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I hate tax time. Tax time depresses me. I wait until the very last minute to have them done. I have ours done at H&R block too. I did ours a few times, but when I inherited my moms property in Idaho and am now using as a rental, I was over my head and needed professional service. We usually end up paying big time, although the last couple of years (AFTER we lost daughter as a deduction) we get some back from Federal buy always have to pay state, and the second half of our property taxes come due about the same time... and the insurance on the house...

Lordy I hate April.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda
    I hate tax time. Tax time depresses me. I wait until the very last minute to have them done. I have ours done at H&R block too. I did ours a few times, but when I inherited my moms property in Idaho and am now using as a rental, I was over my head and needed professional service. We usually end up paying big time, although the last couple of years (AFTER we lost daughter as a deduction) we get some back from Federal buy always have to pay state, and the second half of our property taxes come due about the same time... and the insurance on the house...

Lordy I hate April.
    Awwwww bummer!! can you add the tax into the house rent? you know raise therent some to meet the tax bill on it every year? I hear some land lords do this, so they can pay the tax on the house. hugs hon, I know some times tax time is hell on folks.

• /sigh

My bday's tax day. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awwwww bummer!! can you add the tax into the house rent? you know raise therent some to meet the tax bill on it every year? I hear some land lords do this, so they can pay the tax on the house. hugs hon, I know some times tax time is hell on folks.

Um....never thought about that. The taxes on my property in Idaho are so minimal compared to what I pay here in California actually. And those taxes aren't due until June and Dec. Its my California taxes that are due April and Nov. that hurt. Thats the one thats almost $600 for each payment!!

Of course the rent on my property up there hasn't gone up since I took over the property in '96. Might be time to see about kicking it up anyway. Heaven knows they keep kicking rent up down here. My daughter and her boyfriend are paying over $1000 a month for a small one bedroom apartment where they are. I'm getting $315 for a two bedroom mobile home on an acre of property. Might have to talk to the property management place about that. Thanks for mentioning it!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I used to do our taxes but I don't any more. Got tired of doing it, and the paid guy files *much* earlier than I used to get it done. I kind of like tax time; we get money back.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

you mean I do not have to wait for my w2's to file if its on my pay stuf Summer?? wow, please tell meso I can run out and file!!! I am so excited to pay off 4 cards. I will once again be in the clear to save up for my vacation if I can get one in. I am cutting those cards up! the fifth card will take me about 3 months to pay, but I am doing it! then I am done with my cards. I am putting one away in case of emergency but other wise its cash and carry and no more credit!
    If you are mailing in your return than you will need them. However I E-File for free through HR Block online and you only need to send in the W-2's if the government asks for them. So yes, you can use your last paycheck stub, in fact I just filed my return 5 minutes ago.

So hopefully I will be getting some nice money in the next few weeks. LOL

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I'm hoping for a nice return this year, it's our first year as homeowners we pay to get ours done too.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• most magical vaca ever

as the bumper sticker in my window reads.....

Not Rich Enough for a Tax Break

Tax return time is Yay for me cuz it helps pay bills and if we're lucky we got our WDW trip squeezed in. Looks like our bills are over powering this year so we'll have to for a miracle.

Have our appt w/the accountant so we are just waiting for W2's.....

Damn gas & electric bill is a killer!!!!
    ~~~~~~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda
    Um....never thought about that. The taxes on my property in Idaho are so minimal compared to what I pay here in California actually. And those taxes aren't due until June and Dec. Its my California taxes that are due April and Nov. that hurt. Thats the one thats almost $600 for each payment!!

Of course the rent on my property up there hasn't gone up since I took over the property in '96. Might be time to see about kicking it up anyway. Heaven knows they keep kicking rent up down here. My daughter and her boyfriend are paying over $1000 a month for a small one bedroom apartment where they are. I'm getting $315 for a two bedroom mobile home on an acre of property. Might have to talk to the property management place about that. Thanks for mentioning it!!
    wow for an acre of land?? yep, I believe its time to up the rent, and I think you can put the extra awayand pay the tax on your place. man 1,000 a month stinks for a 1 bedroom. If I told you what I paid in rent here you would faint, literally! LOL! I have a 4 bedroom older home on a corner lot, big back yeard, front yard. I told one person what I paid, she was like I hate you!!@! LOL! good luck and I will be praying you get good back, and that you can up the rent and make some mula back to help

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    If you are mailing in your return than you will need them. However I E-File for free through HR Block online and you only need to send in the W-2's if the government asks for them. So yes, you can use your last paycheck stub, in fact I just filed my return 5 minutes ago.

So hopefully I will be getting some nice money in the next few weeks. LOL
    Summer, I could kiss you! and if I ever meet you be prepared for one big smooch!!! I am trying to get thru the H&R block now !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast