•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Have you ever been to Cooperstown?

I have always wanted to go to Cooperstown. Since I, myself, do not drive, I have never had the opportunity to visit Cooperstown and the Hall of Fame.

I am a big baseball fan. My brother instilled that in me. My brother and I made a journey to the Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa. We were planning another journey, to the Football Hall, and the Baseball Hall, when he passed away, before we could go.

With the announcement of Bruce Suter going into the Hall, I think again, about how I would love to visit it.

Have any MiceChatters visited the Baseball Hall of Fame at Cooperstown? Would you share your memories of that with us.

I thank you.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• The one on the left.

Re: Have you ever been to Cooperstown?

My brother and I went to Cooperstown and the Hall of Fame several years ago. If I remember correctly the first few floors are the museum portion and have many interesting exhibits. This is where you will find the Abbott and Costello exhibit. So to answer the trivia question they are in the museum not the actual Hall of Fame.

When you get to the gallery and start to walk through and look at all of the plaques it is amazing. There are also two statues up there one of Babe Ruth and one of Ted Williams.

The plaques are layed out in groups according to year of induction. You can go to a specific year or just browse the whole gallery. I checked out all of them.

There is also a section dedicated to announcers. I need to get back there since Harry Kalas has been added to this section.

I will warn you that this can take an entire day just looking at all of the exhibits and the plaques so do not plan on doing any of the other museums that day.

Carry on.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• Smells like beer

I'd LOVE to go to Cooperstown. I'm a little upset Goose Gossage didn't get elected this year cause next years class is so HUGE(Ripken, Gwynn and McGwire(maybe ) I don't know if he ever will. Jim Rice is so borderline that I'm not sure he really deserves it, but I know he's been close for a while.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Cooperstown is a fantastic place. I got to go a few years ago.

It's a little drive to get there, but it's a nice small town, charming, and the BBHOF is fantastic.

I agree - plan to spend the whole day there as there is lots to see. There are some really nice restaurants there nearby, too, which makes it very easy to spend the day there.

Hey, if you have the opportunity...GO!

Also, go see Niagra Falls - it's breathtaking!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

A long time ago... I was little. I don't remember much, just that it was VERY windy. We had our picnic lunch and had to hold our hats on. I'd love to go back.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are so many places in this country that I would like to visit. The Baseball Hall of Fame is presently on the top of my list. Disneyland was at the top. I finally made it there, so not I have to figure out a way to get to the Hall.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Cooperstown is a great little town, in 1994 my dad and I drove my sister to college from Minnesota to New Hampshire. On the trip back to Minnesota it was just my dad and I and it was one of the best times I've ever had with him. We first stopped in Springfield, Mass for the Basketball Hall of Fame. That night we drove to Binghamton, NY and saw that there was a minor league game going on, we walked to the box office and got tickets just above the third base dugout and had a great time. The next day we started out at the Soccer Hall of Fame in Oneota, NY then headed to Cooperstown. Being a Twins fan, we stopped by the Killebrew and Carew plaques and another display with my childhood favorite Kirby Puckett, who wasn't a HOFer at the time. The next day to complete the trip we went to Canton, OH for the pro football HOF. The College football HOF wasn't open yet in South Bend, Ind, otherwise it would have been on the trip as well

For any baseball fan, I highly recommend a trip to Cooperstown, it's truly a classic American smalltown.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• most magical vaca ever

Cannot wait to visit Cooperstown! We had planned on going last summer but then our plans were nixxed. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from me. DH and DS REALLY want to go so hopefully we'll get there this summer.

This museum is only 5 minutes from me It's amazing!!!
    http://www.yogiberramuseum.org/
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

My wife and I went last year to see if her father was "still in the Hall of Fame." My father in law, who has always fancied himself as Major League material, took his lifetime baseball stats, wrote them on a tiny piece of paper, and wedged the paper into one of the slots in the paneling in the hall of fame. This was...oh....10 years ago. THE PIECE OF PAPER IS STILL THERE! I won't tell you which plaque it is located by because we want to preserve it for future generations.

We made the trip in mid October, and I do believe Cooperstown in October is one of the most gorgeous places on earth. We were driving from Niagra to Vermont and made it to Cooperstown at 4:30 p.m....a half hour before they closed. The person who took our $$$ thought we were insane, but we promised my father in law that we would try to find his name.

He still tells anyone who will listen that he is in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Well.....HE IS!

• most magical vaca ever

~~~~~~

• Huh?

Wow... took me reading all the way to the end of the first post before I realized you weren't talking about Alice Cooper'sTown and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Still haven't been to those, either.
    -Tim