HELLO MICE CHAT!

I am new here, but this forum seems like a good place to ask questions!

My awesome friend and I are going to be applying for the Disney College Program in a month or so, for Fall 2013! I am so excited! And I know that I want to do it! Unfortunately the main reason why I want to do it is because I am insanely in love with Disney... I mean I literally spend all day looking at youtube videos of rides, just remembering what it was like to be there... it is a crazy thing! And it is something that my dad can't understand So, convincing him that it is a good idea to take 4 months out of my life, put my schooling on hold, and move away for the first time ever is going to be SUPER HARD!
I've composed a list of Pro's and Con's which I will present to him if I do in fact get accepted... but, in order for it to be successful I will need the Pro's list to be at least twice the size of the Con's.

Is there anyone who could help me think of the many Disney College Program benefits? All the different ways it will help me? Be fun? Life changing? I already have all the generic things that are on the DCP website (it will be a great way to meet people from around the world, its good to put on my resume); sadly, my career is not going to have anything to do with Disney, business, or production. My obsession with the history and the creation of Disney (Disneyland) is all recreational. I am going to be a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and besides the fact that kids like Disney, I don't really see a connection.

Thank you so much for the help!