Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Time For NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

Eight teams left on the "Road To Motown"...who do you like in the divisional playoffs this weekend?
    This just in...the L-A area still has no team...and my heart broke when the Rams moved (further note to follow)...I have no dog in this fight...here are my picks with a brief comment for each game...
    NFC...Carolina at Chicago...Bears advance in a close one with a great defense and home field. A Panther win would hardly be surprising, though.
    Washington at Seattle...unless the Redskins have rented an offense over the past week, Mr. Alexander and the Seahawks win by double-digits and Qwest Field readies for the NFC title game.
    AFC...New England at Denver...Patriot fans need not apologize for anything. The Pats have three rings for a reason. They know how to win in the playoffs. THEY FIND A WAY TO WIN,PERIOD. And they will, again, this weekend.
    Pittsburgh at Indianapolis...I like the Colts to pull away in a close one and win by 7-10 points...
    Will the Colts be piping in extra crowd noise over the loudspeakers, as they were accused of doing in their regular season 26-7 win over the Cowher gang?
    Well, there are my picks. Of course, with my track record over many years, my friends say that I would have picked the Confederacy if I'd been around back then...well, the South shall rise again... LOL

Further note on the Rams...one of my childhood sports heroes, former LA Ram great wideout Jack Snow, passed away this past week. He went on to a career in broadcasting with the team, and followed them to St. Louis. His son is former Angel and more recently Giants infielder J.T. Snow - I've never met a nicer man in the broadcasting profession...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• My Children's Father

Re: Time For NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

Bears over Panthers
    'Hawks over 'Skins
    Broncos over Pats
    Colts over Steelers

Round 3:
    Denver over Indy
    Seattle over Chicago

Seattle over Denver in an old-school AFC West shootout in Detroit ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• most magical vaca ever

Go Bears

Being that my GIANTS forgot to show up last week, I will now cheer for DH's long time team... DA BEARS!!!
    ~~~~~~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I guess if for no other reason than my fondness for BarbaraAnn, I'll be rooting for the Bears. But I like DisneyKat's posts, too....and I think she's pulling for the Panthers now and so is Wolfy...torn between these beautiful women...good thing my wife isn't reading this...
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 01-13-2006 at 04:46 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• most magical vaca ever

good thing my wife isn't reading this...
    What happens on Mice Chat

Stays on Mice Chat

(for all to read)

~~~~~~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Bears over Panthers
    Seahawks destroy Redskins
    Patriots over Denver (Sorry Neph)
    Colts over Steelers

Seahawks over Bears
    Patriots over Colts....again!

Patriots win the Superbowl! (Their defense is back, Bruschi crawls off operation table and becomes NFL legend!)

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Bears over Panthers
    Seahawks destroy Redskins
    Patriots over Denver (Sorry Neph)
    Colts over Steelers

Seahawks over Bears
    Patriots over Colts....again!

Patriots win the Superbowl! (Their defense is back, Bruschi crawls off operation table and becomes NFL legend!)
    heh- have I become the token Bronco fan

No need to apologize- cause my Broncos are going to win. It's a home game my friend- and the fans are going to be INTENSE!

12th man baby!

Otherwise I am on board with Giant Panda's picks.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Well my team once again didn't do diddly this year and I haven't even had a chance to watch a single game this year anyway. Out of whats left I can't even hazard a guess since I haven't kept up on the teams and there are none of them I feel a strong affection to. So... (looking over the possibilities again) nope, don't care. But if I'm not working that day I'll be watching the SuperBowl anyway just coz its the SuperBowl.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Carolina over Da Bears - Sorry Bears fan's. Carolina wasn't the pre-season favorite to win the SB for nothing. Looks like they have finally found their stride.

Seahawks over Redskins - Home field and Shaun Alexander means a win for da hawks.

Bronco's over Patriots - Sorry Patriot fans. You had a great run but Denver is tough, especially at home.

Colts over Steelers - Everybody seems to be discounting the Colts now that they had a few rough weeks. They weren't 13-0 for nothing. It's time for them to prove why they are the best team in the league. Throw in the fact that their coach has more motivation to win now than ever.

Are you guys football fans or what? It is like kissing your sister in here. Does anyone not talk a little trash about the others team. Come on that is the joy of sports. Argue over who is better, then go out and buy each other a beer, and talk about how good your team will be next year.

With that

Seahawks over the Redskins - By a huge margin - at least 2 touchdowns

Patriots over Denver in a close one - Tom Brady remains perfect in the playoffs

Panthers over the Bears in a close, but boring defensive battle.

Colts over Steelers. This will be close for the first half, then Steelers will get tired and the Colts will pull away.

After this round, it does not matter, As the Seahawks will win next week regardless of who they play and then win in Detroit and bring the trophy back to Seattle where it belongs. May Mr. Lombardi rest in peace.

• For old time sake

Panthers over the Bears, but it will be close!!!!!! VERY CLOSE!!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

How in the world can someone be perfect in playoffs that have not even happened?

I want my team to win more than ever because I am getting tired of people making the Patriots out to be some dream team. The Broncos had a better record, and the Patriots are 1-2 in Denver for the last three games here.

Come on!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999
    Are you guys football fans or what? It is like kissing your sister in here. Does anyone not talk a little trash about the others team. Come on that is the joy of sports. Argue over who is better, then go out and buy each other a beer, and talk about how good your team will be next year.
    Well, my team (The 49ers) sucked all year so I have no trash to talk. They won't be good next year so I don't have to worry about that either.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999

After this round, it does not matter, As the Seahawks will win next week regardless of who they play and then win in Detroit and bring the trophy back to Seattle where it belongs. May Mr. Lombardi rest in peace.
    ---Uhhh, excuuse me, but where does it say that the trophy "belongs" in Seattle. Unless my memory fails me, the Seahawks have never even been to a Super Bowl and have only reached the conference championship game once. How long ago was that? 1983, when they were trounced by the LOS ANGELES Raiders. No trash talk, just a reality check.
    The facts...Seattle, 3-7 total in the NFL playoffs IN FRANCHISE HISTORY...last playoff win, over 21 years ago.
    I respect your loyalty to your team, but can you at least get to a Super Bowl before you start talking about "bringing the trophy back" to where it belongs?
    BTW...the real Super Bowl. as I see it, will take place at the RCA Dome next week...and I haven't decided yet if I'd pick the Colts over either the Broncos or Pats. Your Seahawks are very good...but I see them losing to whichever team comes out of the AFC.
    And I love the city of Seattle. I hope to live and work in radio there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    ---Uhhh, excuuse me, but where does it say that the trophy "belongs" in Seattle. Unless my memory fails me, the Seahawks have never even been to a Super Bowl and have only reached the conference championship game once. How long ago was that? 1983, when they were trounced by the LOS ANGELES Raiders. No trash talk, just a reality check.
    The facts...Seattle, 3-7 total in the NFL playoffs IN FRANCHISE HISTORY...last playoff win, over 21 years ago.
    I respect your loyalty to your team, but can you at least get to a Super Bowl before you start talking about "bringing the trophy back" to where it belongs?
    BTW...the real Super Bowl. as I see it, will take place at the RCA Dome next week...and I haven't decided yet if I'd pick the Colts over either the Broncos or Pats. Your Seahawks are very good...but I see them losing to whichever team comes out of the AFC.
    And I love the city of Seattle. I hope to live and work in radio there one day.
    Fact is the last championship game was against the Dolphins and Dan Marino torched us and went on to the Superbowl to be trounced by Joe Montana. Okay Rams fan, you have one how many Superbowls? Oh yeah, one after being so loyal to your fans your moved to St Louis. The trophy has not graced the Emerald City yet, but soon it will, and it will be the start of the Seahawks run and we will have at least two trophies by 2010 if not 3. Go Seahawks!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast