Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Ugh, its getting to be that time of year again....

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I'm fairly certain she'd be more surprised if you just did the same thing only on October 15th. Who the hell expects to be whisked away and given flowers on Octover 15th? Hmm? From now on, I'm not recognizing Valentines day at all. If I want to have an annual romantic day its going to be October 15th, its the first day that came to my head.

So all of you people sick of Valentines Day, follow me and celebrate on October 15th!
    As long as you're at it, I think you should sing carols and give presents on July 22. But yes...she would be MORE surprised on October 15. Valentine's Day has always been a day to go over the top for us. But to each his own.

What about Groundhog's Day? Hardly ANYONE gets flowers on Groundhog's Day...hmmm...

Tui - you might be on to something....

• Man O Lantern

Oh, I freaking HATE Valentine's Day.

There's all that pressure to be romantic, whether or not you're having a good hair day or whether you had time to shave your legs before taking the kids to school, and picking up the cupcakes at the bakery and taking them to the Valentine's Day party....and oh, crap, you forgot to get the teachers their flowers or your husband his card, and what is he going to get you....if it's nothing, like you requested, you'll be hurt, if he got you something, you'll be put out and offended, he can't win, and why does it always seem to pour on Valentine's Day...oh let's reminisce about all the crappy Valentine's Days you've had in your life....there's the one in third grade when Matt Cline gave you the Ziggy valentine, and you thought he loved you, but he also gave the same card to your best friend Laura, then the one when your boyfriend got expelled from school, the one when your stalker showed up with flowers at your high school and embarrassed/scared the crap out of you, or the one you spent on the phone with your ex-boyfriend while your current boyfriend was cheating on you, or the one you spent with your husband-to-be just as friends because you had a boyfriend who was working and it was either that or be alone again...or the ones for ten years that your husband did nothing....

And then there was that one year that was fun....Vegas was good for Valentine's Day. A tacky day for a tacky holiday. Good stuff.

But, yeah, I freaking hate Valentine's Day. Everyone who knows me, knows I hate Old Navy, Valentine's Day and Olive Garden. In that order.

Valentine's day was started by the greating card companys to sell cards. When they were pleased with the results they came up with boss's day, secretaries day, grandparents day, and they are currently working on second cousen's day right now.

~Bob

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Valentine's Day is an excuse to buy something between Christmas and Mother's Day.
    -Monorail Man

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Thats right, Valentines Day....I Hate It.

Everything is so pink and it makes me nautious.

Even the candy is crap. The cheap boxes of chocolates, the crappy hearts with the stupid phrases on it. They all taste like crap.

I honestly don't know whats so special about it. I just know its a time of the year I hate. I'm not one of those people who believe it was started by the greeting card companies, I just know that they've taken full advantage of it. If you are going to tell someone you love them, do it all year, don't just pick on day of the year to do it, it's so damn cheesy.

Humbug.

(I just went to Target, and about vomitted, it's all set up there. hearts and all that junk. Yuck)
    Dude I am so with you on this! I think it's a stupid "holiday". I figure if someone doesn't give me flowers/candy/cards to show me love then that's fine by me. I'd way rather have someone SAY "I Love you" to my face then have to go out and purchase some crap!!!

What makes me even more mental about VDay is women...I've heard so many women tell me that if they "don't get anything for VDay then they're significant other is gonna get in some sort of trouble or other. Like he'd BETTER get me something. I mean, are you kidding me?

UGH!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Why not April 15 for that special day...after all, this love business can be very "taxing" on a soul....

Pn the words of the immortal Sam Cooke..."Cupid, draw back your bow - and let your arrow flow, straight to my lover's heart...for me, nobody but me..."
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• They wanna know, HO!

My best friend is proposing on Valentines day. I hate it usually unless i have someone special, but since I don't, then it's his day.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• keep moving forward...

i liked it in elementry school... with free candy from kids you hate because the teacher made them to, you can never go wrong... but when people started celebrating it with theyre newly found "good freinds" in 6th grade it just got old and me and my small group of freinds treated it like another day, every year i hope that its that same thing cause i know that when they find theyre first girlfreind or boyfreind then it will really be a sign that im realllly behind on everything... but for now im ok with it, i just ignore it

• keep moving forward...

yay... october 15th ... thats my birthday, and yet another sign that i need to get all of that scout stuff for eagle done in less then a year... crap!!!

• Give Peace a Chance

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    your right!!! why not suprise her on say March 19th, maKE that your most romantic, or suprise the wife on a day she does nto expect it. why on the all special pink day? I would rather think being wisked off on some day she does not suspect it to be happening woule be far better and less " valentines... eh!
    Absolutely not! Though DH has always recognized Valentines Day, sometimes rather strangely (like the time he gave me a battery re-charger) he never sent anything to my job, NEVER. So when a delivery man brought a box to my desk one V-Day I thought nothing of it, the other nurses were all asking; "Aren't you going to open it?" and my response was;
    "No, it's just a set of dental molds I've been waiting for, so I can approve a reconstructive surgery." Finally one of the other nurses couldn't stand it any longer ~ she came over to my desk and opened it.
    It was a complete set of my favorite Lancome perfume from DH. I almost fell out of my seat.
    And he does continue to surprise me thoughout the year, sometimes it's the little things that means the most. Like knowing when I need a hug. After 20 years he's still my Hallmark.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

I love PINK and I love hearts.

Valentine's Day, meh. I could take it or leave it. I think this year I'll buy matching outfits for me and Stink at Old Navy and then take her to a romantic dinner at the Olive Garden....and buy her a glass of White Zin.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Valentine's Day is an excuse to buy something between Christmas and Mother's Day.
    That's what Easter is for!

• My cuties!

My husband had my first grader propose to me at our class Valentine's Day party 9 years ago. The next year he came to school dressed up like a giant heart. Now we just do mushy cards for each other.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Even when I have a boyfriend, I've hated Valentine's Day. It's like, "Oh that so sweet... I think I'm getting a cavity."

My mom's birthday is that day so usually I don't think of it as Valentine's Day... it's my mom's birthday. My best friend from high school's birthday is that day too.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Valentines Day has always been special for me...not because of the whole card giving/romantic stuff...but when I was little, my Grandpa loved Valentines Day.

He was a very hefty built, gruff, quiet, didin't trust anyone, never put money in the bank cause he didn't trust em kinda guy. But a big ole teddy bear on the inside.

And Vday was his day....he would always come home with the most enourmous heart shaped boxes of chocolate - one for my Grandma, one for my MOm and one for me. Mine was always pink. I've always loved pink.

So I always think of him....

This year I'm thinking that if John doesn't get me those pink cappuchino mugs from Starbucks I might get violent!
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast