Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1

    • @ DENIAL ISLAND
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL
    Posts
    1,497

    Post Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    I like having box matches, No I don't smoke. They can "clear the air" in the restroom. So, while I at Walgreen's I asked where they moved them? They usually behind the register. I was told they are no longer allowed to sell matches. WHAT!! They do still sell lighters and those candle lighters. I asked why and she had to call the manager. She was telling me that they aren't allowed to sell them anymore cause children play with them. Manager gave me a more official answer and did agree that it was silly to still sell the other fire starters and yet not matches.

    Well I was really shocked and decided to ask for them at other places. Target, Rite Aid, Savon and Ralph's all had the same policy. What is going on and is this just in my area or state? I was told to go to a cigar store but I haven't.
    What happened with just not selling anything that is a match or lighter to minors?
    Last edited by Where's Barbie?; 01-15-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    aka Sara




    One of my children
    isn't pictured,

    ABE is still hibernating

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    mom gets hers at walmart, and she buys a lot of them LOL! she to likes them for the bathrooms

  3. #3

    • Again! Again! Again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the emergency card.
    Posts
    7,669

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US???? YIKES!

    Next time you're in a mall, see if they have a Tinder Box. I'm sure they should have some!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

  4. #4

    • @ DENIAL ISLAND
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    I wasn't yelling at you!!! I just like using different fonts. Yes the size was big so I made it smaller.

    Is that walmart in LA county?
    aka Sara




    One of my children
    isn't pictured,

    ABE is still hibernating

  5. #5

    • Again! Again! Again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the emergency card.
    Posts
    7,669

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Quote Originally Posted by Where's Barbie?
    I wasn't yelling at you!!! I just like using different fonts. Yes the size was big so I made it smaller.
    I know. It's just funny!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

  6. #6

    • @ DENIAL ISLAND
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    once a bully always a bully
    aka Sara




    One of my children
    isn't pictured,

    ABE is still hibernating

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Quote Originally Posted by Where's Barbie?
    I like having box matches, No I don't smoke. They can "clear the air" in the restroom. So, while I at Walgreen's I asked where they moved them? They usually behind the register. I was told they are no longer allowed to sell matches. WHAT!! They do still sell lighters and those candle lighters. I asked why and she had to call the manager. She was telling me that they aren't allowed to sell them anymore cause children play with them. Manager gave me a more official answer and did agree that it was silly to still sell the other fire starters and yet not matches.

    Well I was really shocked and decided to ask for them at other places. Target, Rite Aid, Savon and Ralph's all had the same policy. What is going on and is this just in my area or state? I was told to go to a cigar store but I haven't.
    What happened with just not selling anything that is a match or lighter to minors?
    So I am guessing that since some parents can not teach children not to play with fire we all have to be screwed because of it? That sucks..

  8. #8

    • Give Peace a Chance
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    8 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    674

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Have you tried Smart & Final?
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș









  9. #9

    • @ DENIAL ISLAND
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    So I am guessing that since some parents can not teach children not to play with fire we all have to be screwed because of it? That sucks..

    What is next????
    aka Sara




    One of my children
    isn't pictured,

    ABE is still hibernating

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2 miles closer to Disneyland!
    Posts
    4,374

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Just use a lighter, wave it around, and pretend you're at a concert .

  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Well I use candles in my bathrooms but I have to have matches to light those!!

    Geeze I'd better look next time I'm at the store and see if they still have them. If they do, I'd better buy a case! I can see it now, there will be a run on boxed matches wherever they can be found!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  12. #12

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Incense, works great.

    I like the teakwood box I use because it stores the incense and it is easier to clean up after.No ashes.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  13. #13

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    What? Are you serious? I bought mine at the 99 cebnts store a fwe years ago but they're almost gone. Try there? Man, that'd stink! I need to light my candles somehow
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  14. #14

    • horsin' around!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home, home on the range
    Posts
    2,992

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    how about at Lowes, Orchard Supply, Home Depot.. near the barbque sections?

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Boxed Matches, good luck buying them

    Barbie, thanks hon
    Mom and I live in Montana, so we can still get them, but I told mom about you not finding any so she is on a quest to get lots now in case they go here to! we are alergic to sprays, and to incense so thats a no go. candles not safe around my kids! so mom uses matches .I would send you some, but is it leagal to send fire thru the mail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. All the best wishes for good luck and good health to Terry Pratchett.
    By ni_teach in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 07:03 PM
  3. Good Night, And Good Luck special event
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
  4. Good Luck and Good Night
    By ah schucks in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 08:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •