•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Such good sense for a one year old.

I usually check on MC several times a day, but my favorite time is late night/early morning when the rest of my household is asleep. (Lizzie, the doxie-lab, my loyal girl is asleep on my feet at the computer as I type.) That's when I can take the time to reply to a few posts and do a thorough reading of threads I'm behind on.

I gotta say, I am constantly struck by the goodwill the vast majority of our group shows. Whatever is going on in a Chatter's life, the rest of you fine folks are there to support them.

First and foremost, you always support their right to be themselves . . . without judgement, without reservation on your part. You will even go so far as to support other's foolishness as long as it is good for their spirit and not destructive.

If one of us has hit a bump in the road, look out, the Red Cross and Salvation Army have nothing on us. Chatters with well considered suggestions jump right in, again without making judgements, without taking pot shots . . . an abundance of supportive souls are there to sincerely help as they can.

Even when one of us asks the question that a search would have answered in a second, Chatters are there, more like gentle mentors, steering the newbies in the right direction.

And goodness knows, when one is a little down in spirits, no one can make you roll on the floor with laughter like a Chatter.

With a group like this, nothing is impossible. I fully suspect that one of these days, if someone's dream is to fill the Hyperion Theater for a showing, 2,000 people would not only pledge to show up, but would, in fact show up . . . . all the while, having the time of their life.

What a delight you all are. Happy First Birthday.

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Such good sense for a one year old.

You have so perfectly pinpointed the wonder of MiceChat. It has become a happy, comforting part of my day. The MiceChat family has a great cast of characters, and I am thankful for being able to get to know them.