Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: My style is darkly twisted, soul I wear this to the park?

I personally don't see an issue with said shirt, then again I stopped caring about what people think of me a while ago... As long as an article of clothing isn't vulgar I think you should be ok. That being said you're 27, and like another MCer said, if you have to ask, then don't. A little common sense can go a long way. Ok. Enough of that talk. Have fun a Disney!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

I personally like it, but if the CM's think it might be disturbing to children or other guests, they may ask you to not wear it. I think it's their call.

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    I think it's a cool picture. I think it would make a cool shirt. I love the darker side of Disney. Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I'll wear a skull myself now and then.

Having said all that, it seems like a little bit of an inappropriate choice for a Disney park. Here's a park with lots of little kids who love pretty princess Snow White. Doesn't it seem a little in-their-face to wear a gruesome heart-eating version of this character in a place you're almost certain to bother some of them? It's one thing to be true to yourself, but if I saw someone wearing this in the park, I'd feel like they were making a choice intentionally to offend.

As others have said, you probably won't get in trouble, and you'll probably see others wearing worse. I don't think that makes it OK, though.
    ^agreed. i'm a huge fan of walking dead, and the whole zombie-thing going on right now, but i do think it might be frightening to little ones.

• Heavy Breather

I would wear a zombie shirt to Disney. Besides, it wouldnt be as bad as the kid I saw last year in Adventureland wearing a shirt that said "Sex Machine".

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Avaren View Post
    ^agreed. i'm a huge fan of walking dead, and the whole zombie-thing going on right now, but i do think it might be frightening to little ones.
    I agree! After thinking about it yes little kids would find it creepy. I guess theres a part of me that thought it would be cool because, sometimes I get my kicks out of how many eye-brows I can raise. But, now I totally realized adults are not the only one who take notice to things. Maybe I can get by with more at Universal Studios? lol Their Halloween looks scary as heck! But, yeah I'm in a more clear state of mind today. I guess yesterday I was feeling a little umm slightly naughty. (not and a nasty way lol, more like in a young boy singing about "French fried eye balls swimming in a pool of blood" song naughty... even though I am a woman LOL)

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    If you have to ask, then the answer if usually no.
    There you go; that's your answer. And it's an answer that will get you through a lot of life.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post
    There you go; that's your answer. And it's an answer that will get you through a lot of life.
    I don't buy that answer as solving life's problems. Sometimes you have to ask for peoples opinions in life it's not as simple as "If you have to ask, then the answer if usually no". Sometimes at a store the price tag might be missing and you may have to ask someone for it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it or can't afford it. I think the OP is just seeing what the general feeling is on the image.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    The big issue that I foresee as a potential problem is the unlicensed use of a Disney property (Snow White).
    I've worn my Tigger as Doctor Who shirt in the parks... it isn't licensed by Disney and I've had SO many guests and CMs alike coming up to me saying how much they loved it and asked where I got it. So it not being a licensed Disney product wouldn't be the problem.

The problem is it's a little grotesque for a Disney park. Granted it's kind of cool but would be a little out of place. And I'm not one who is easily offended. It takes a LOT to offend me/push my buttons. Something with Jack Skellington/Nightmare Before Christmas characters would probably be better.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Another no vote - completely inappropriate for a Disney park.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I don't buy that answer as solving life's problems. Sometimes you have to ask for peoples opinions in life it's not as simple as "If you have to ask, then the answer if usually no". Sometimes at a store the price tag might be missing and you may have to ask someone for it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it or can't afford it. I think the OP is just seeing what the general feeling is on the image.
    Nah, she knew there was something inappropriate about the idea (either consciously or unconsciously). If she didn't have that feeling, it never would have occurred to her to ask. And that is the underlying point behind the cliche "If you have to ask, the answer is usually no". It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post
    Nah, she knew there was something inappropriate about the idea (either consciously or unconsciously). If she didn't have that feeling, it never would have occurred to her to ask. And that is the underlying point behind the cliche "If you have to ask, the answer is usually no". It's not a big deal.

Yep I did. I was just wanting to start a topic of conversation. Even though the picture is interesting. I was wondering if anyone else was on the same wave of weirdness.

And now that I've got the information I started this thread for. I was wondering if Disney could add "No overly graphic, gore, clothing will be allowed."

And I was also hoping to get the attention of some people here who may work for Disney, so they may use some of my ideas and the ideas of the people who make this fan art. Into making more slightly less questionable (but, still a little eyebrow raising (NOT the the extent of princess zombies, but still walking the line without falling off.) shirts and souvenirs for Disney.

The sad part is, I'd love to be able to work with Disney to invent things. But, sadly unless you go to college for that stuff your ideas are irrelevant. I say the Disney fans out there could very well come up with some interesting things for the Disney Parks.

I heard a facebook friend of mine talking about a Villains Land. I'd LOVE to go into a land like that. But, NOT everyone (mostly little kids) would not want to go into that part of the park. But, it was a very awesome idea. But, then again they have villains all though the park...

Just, I think the fans can be a big park in Disney's future.

Speaking of weird, did anyone see the youtube video for some skit a couple of guys did about re-awaking Disney after he was frozen. You should look for it and check it out.. If you are curious. (The video is obviously not real... It is meant for laughs. I even think Walt would give it a little chuckle.)

Again, just posted this to see how people would react to something different. Wasn't for sure what to post. I have been wanting to make an account here for a little while now. Just never had anything to talk about....

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Tamkins1985 View Post
    And I was also hoping to get the attention of some people here who may work for Disney, so they may use some of my ideas and the ideas of the people who make this fan art. Into making more slightly less questionable (but, still a little eyebrow raising (NOT the the extent of princess zombies, but still walking the line without falling off.) shirts and souvenirs for Disney.
    Well, even though many many adults have a love for Disney, Disney is still geared mostly toward children. I think Jack Skellington and the Haunted Mansion is as far as "dark twisted" you are going to get. I really do not see a market for Disney in making zombie princesses.

I also vote no on that shirt and in all honesty, Snow White is my favorite Disney character and that shirt, is not the Snow White I would want my child to associate with. But that is the parent in me speaking. The adult in me...well the adult in me says the exact same thing.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I don't think it has anything to do with "Bible beaters". I am a Christian AND I identify myself as Gothic. I would wear that shirt in a heartbeat...it's totally awesome. In fact, I wanna know when you make a shirt of it, and where you did it so I can get one! If your style leans more towards the darker...look into Bats Day in the Fun Park. It happens at DL every year. It's a big gothic gathering. It's a great time to wear your "darker" clothing to the park and meet other people with your tastes.

As Clara said...some parents might have a problem with it. But, I'm a parent, and I know my 10 yr old would love it as much as I do. I'm all about having respect for other people...but, I truthfully don't see anything wrong with this shirt. It's nothing sexual or inappropriate. It's funny. If you're worried..wear a hoodie so that you can zip it up if you decide to.

OMG They have a Bats Day? That is AWESOME I'm so interested.. I knew nothing about this! Thanks for telling me!

• Minion

Just don't swear in the queue lines. I'm more offended at squares (lol) cursing loudly at, of all places, Disney World, than people who may dress a little different and not being obnoxious. You seem like you're looking out for others so you'll be fine. have fun!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast