Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My style is darkly twisted, soul I wear this to the park?

When I said soul I mean should... whoops lol

Would it be wrong for me to wear something with a zombie on it? Would it be to Offensive? What if your style is a little twisted like mine is?

(I've alredy asked this question in yahoo answers)

I found this picture online, I want to know if they have it made into a shirt. (Or something similar)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...p7goo1_400.png

Its a Zombie Snow White. Again I'm Gothic and I refuse to dress like a "square" or a "normal" person.

I was wondering if this was offensive. (I am 27 btw) I guess I was wondering what the thoughts was if I wore a shirt like that. Also, keep in mind things are pointing at undead zombies as being one of the popular things right now. example "The Walking Dead" And other things. Zombies are everywhere in the media.

If I can't I just wear something like that, I will wear a Haunted Mansion Shirt (The best ride ever, never been on it though, just spend most of my internet life researching it and looking up ride videos of it.. it started as a sick Obsession as a child when I ended up getting the Sing Along VHS to Disneyland Fun. Not sure how that is any different... there's skulls, skeletons, ghost, and a murderous bide ghost with a hatchet in there... and lets not forget that ghost ghost host committed an apparent suicide by hanging himself.

I'm not a goth, I'm not, emo... I'm just proudly odd and unusual
    Last edited by Tamkins1985; 02-17-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Re: My style is darkly twisted, soul I wear this to the park?

I would think it was cool if I seen that on a shirt. I've worn a dawn of the dead shirt and have seen worse than that at parks.

•   
    • Minion

I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Under that tree again!

If you have to ask, then the answer if usually no.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Well, not really. The catch is it is not clear what is offensive. I read the dress code. It mostly said anything that has to do with violent stuff (guns and knives), drugs, and cussing, and threating stuff... that I can pretty much tell. Oh yeah and no nudity on shirts and stuff.

I guess the reason why I'm asking is the person I am with grandmother had a problem with people wearing even shirts with skulls on them she says it is non-Christian and gang related. So what might be not be offensive to someone, may get someone's knickers in a twist.

I am purely posting thing question to see what people's reactions and opinions are. And I was hoping to see what someone who is in charge over the dress-code has to say.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Tamkins1985 View Post
    Well, not really. The catch is it is not clear what is offensive. I read the dress code. It mostly said anything that has to do with violent stuff (guns and knives), drugs, and cussing, and threating stuff... that I can pretty much tell. Oh yeah and no nudity on shirts and stuff.

I guess the reason why I'm asking is the person I am with grandmother had a problem with people wearing even shirts with skulls on them she says it is non-Christian and gang related. So what might be not be offensive to someone, may get someone's knickers in a twist.

I am purely posting thing question to see what people's reactions and opinions are. And I was hoping to see what someone who is in charge over the dress-code has to say.
    Try making a trip to California and then wear it there. There are not as many bible-beaters in California as there are in Florida. And gang-related? That's the funniest thing I ever heard of. Are gangs all of a sudden in to Disney characters? I guess all the babies and toddlers out there wearing Winnie the Pooh onesies better watch out!

LMFAO Nice

I think his grandmother makes up things just because she doesn't like me... Oh well.

But, good point... I've never been to any of the Disney Parks before.. I really, really, really wanna go. But, unless I can come into some money... sadly I kinda never see it happening.

I have this big ol dream, and that is to ride and enjoy ALL the Haunted Mansions that were ever built for a Disney park. And I'd love to some how be a part of some ideas for them.

I remember one time they were going to put a park in Virginia (or somewhere near me) And that fell though... I wish that it didn't. If they were to ever have another park I'd call them to use one of the OLDER stories of the Haunted mansion and not have Constance. But, use a lot more of the things in the early concept and have it be a bit darker... more voodoo and more of a story that ties everything together. Like the land or house could be cursed or something and that is why no one can ever be happy or married... maybe whoever cused it was jealous and hated anyone being in love or happy. Thus accidents happend. But, any who lol Its New Orleans so everything ties in.

• Under that tree again!

IMO, I find the design and some of your wording offensive. So don't be surprised when you get odd looks or denied entry to the park. If it's a rare oppurtunity to visit the parks don't push your luck.

The Virginia park wasn't meant to be another Disneyland Magic Kingdom so probably wouldn't have gotten an HM. It was to be a park about America. In Hong Kong Disneyland they are currently building a new HM that is different from thr current ones, it's called Mystic Manor. You can see some pictures in this thread Hong Kong Disneyland Construction

Good luck on your quest to see all HMs, often called the complete 5 Castle Tour.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

The big issue that I foresee as a potential problem is the unlicensed use of a Disney property (Snow White).

the worst that could happen is you might be asked to turn the shirt inside out.

However seeing what people have been wearing in the parks recently I personally doubt that you will be asked to change or modify your outfit.

If I were a parent in the parks, personally I would object to the shirt, simply because I think it is overly grotesque, for a family venue.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• formerly very helpful

First, I commend you for being concerned enough that you wouldn't want to offend people. However, as a fairly "square" person, I can honestly say I've seen much worse at Disneyland. Such as shirts filled with nudity, explitives, and so on. Actually, I think the image is pretty cool. I do think kids nowadays are fairly used to seeing pretty much anything on someone's shirt, so I don't think this would emotionally scar any little ones.
    As long as you're friendly and polite, I really don't think the shirt would matter that much. In fact, wearing such a shirt, and demonstrating good manners and respect through your behavior and speech may do a lot to help some people get past their fear of people who are "different" and be a little more open minded.
    Perhaps a bit of a lofty outlook, but you never know.
    Hope you do make it to a Disney park soon. You'll love it.

I understand where it would be a little on the gross side and yes, my spelling check has stopped working. I must say I am sorry for that.

Is Doom-Buggies unlicensed? Seeing they are in no connection with Disney. I was also wanting to say that the story of Snow White was not written by Disney It was a Grimm fairy-tale. So I guess Disney had to get the okay from them so they could make the movie... unless the story is over 92 years of age, then under the US law it is considered to be a pupblic domain.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Tamkins1985 View Post
    I understand where it would be a little on the gross side and yes, my spelling check has stopped working. I must say I am sorry for that.

Is Doom-Buggies unlicensed? Seeing they are in no connection with Disney. I was also wanting to say that the story of Snow White was not written by Disney It was a Grimm fairy-tale. So I guess Disney had to get the okay from them so they could make the movie... unless the story is over 92 years of age, then under the US law it is considered to be a pupblic domain.
    The story is public domain. However the character design for Snow White is the creation and property of the Walt Disney company.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

True lol Kinda sucks. But, I wonder how all the Cosplayers, fan-art, and fan-fiction people get away with it? I do agree there.

I just wish there were more nutty stuff from Disney for Adults... after all Disneyland in California was made for the family but, mostly the adults. Did you know that Disneyland use to have a tobacco store in Main Street? And smoking was pretty much allowed? (I HATE the smell of smoke, it makes me sick and I do not smoke. I was just giving out a fun little fact lol)

But, yeah I wanna see more Disney Haunted Mansion shirts, Twilight Zone shirts, and from what I've seen there must be some more darkness added to the Halloween season.

Have you seen pictures and heard of the events they do in Hong Kong Disneyland? Man, I'd love to see that. I think one time they had some circus thing that involved Zombies and the Headless Horseman. Then in 2012 I think they had the Vampires vs. Werewolves thing.

And if it is in fact to much for the little ones... there has to be some other part of the park they could have a decent haunted attraction. Like, something in Down Town Disney. I think it would be interesting and optional. But, keep it nothing like Universal... It has to be special and interactive. Kinda like the mystery train things. It can be some what of a show also, where you are put in the story. Maybe Zombie Pirates (POTC idea)? Or again something involving the haunted mansion where you are not just a rider you are a part of the attraction yourself? The Actors and Actress Could interact with you... and there could be food / a dinner for you at some point. Maybe there could be at the most 3 groups a night... and the only way you can participate in the attraction is by reservation only?

Keeping it some what classy?

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I think it's a cool picture. I think it would make a cool shirt. I love the darker side of Disney. Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I'll wear a skull myself now and then.

Having said all that, it seems like a little bit of an inappropriate choice for a Disney park. Here's a park with lots of little kids who love pretty princess Snow White. Doesn't it seem a little in-their-face to wear a gruesome heart-eating version of this character in a place you're almost certain to bother some of them? It's one thing to be true to yourself, but if I saw someone wearing this in the park, I'd feel like they were making a choice intentionally to offend.

As others have said, you probably won't get in trouble, and you'll probably see others wearing worse. I don't think that makes it OK, though.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I don't find that offensive IMO, you may get some funny looks from parents with Littler ones...

I am known to be a little more towards the coservative end of the spectrum, as I think the picture would make a great shirt...actually zombies scare the crap outta me but I still think it's cool picture..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast