Question about going to the Honda Center from Disneyland, and what to wear?

Hope it is okay to post this. Apologies if not.

Okay, I know it sounds stupid, but I need some advice on what to wear to an ice-hockey game!
    My Mum and I are coming to visit Disneyland from England, and whilst we are there we have got tickets to go see the Anaheim Ducks play at the Honda Center.

I'm assuming we can get a taxi from the Grand Californian hotel to the Honda Center, and hoping we will be able to get one back after the game? Anyone know?

However, my real question is, what do we need to wear? As we are from England, we don't really have many ice-hockey teams, nothing like the ones in USA (there's not even a rink near where I live) so I have no idea how cold it is there!!

Is it just like we need to wear a warm fleece? or are coats, scarves, gloves etc the order of the day? Like outdoor winter clothing? Sorry this seems silly to people who know, but I haven't got a clue.

Hope someone can advise.

Thank you.

• Just drawn that way

Re: Question about going to the Honda Center from Disneyland, and what to wear?

Hey! I hope you have a great time, Hockey is soo much fun!
    Dress warm, jacket, gloves, hat maybe a scarf if you get cold. Also if you want bring something to sit on, those seats are a bit hard.

You can get a cab from there and back. You could also take the Katella bus all the way down to the Honda Center. It's a straight shot after you walk from the Hotel to the main road.
    Getting a cab from the hotel won't be a problem just talk to a CM, as for on the way back just ask an employee at the place and I am sure they'll help!
    And again have a great time!
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The "Katella bus" is a route on the OCTA which stands for the Orange County Transportation Authority if you need to look up anything via the Internet or whatever. A taxi would cost you a lot more money than the bus. But the bus should be a very interesting experience, to put it lightly.

• formerly very helpful

I've generally worn jeans, t-shirt (maybe sweatshirt), and perhaps a light jacket. Even though the ice tends to coldenize things, it's still NOT like being out on the frozen lake outside. And all those people crowded in the stadium will warmanize things, too.
    Just be forwarned, ANY taxi ride in Southenr California will be expensive. Be sure to budget for it. If you ask when you make your reservation, they should be able to tell you about how much.

• Rock Star Minion

Your weather in England should prepare you well enough. The closer to the ice, the cooler it will be. Light jacket is all you'll need.
    You can call a taxi in advance. Or call one just after the game.

Or you can ask the nice people around you to give you a lift.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

You can wear whatever you're wearing at the park, but bring a jacket.

Hockey games tend to get colder as the game progresses, because of the ice. I learned the hard way

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Your weather in England should prepare you well enough. The closer to the ice, the cooler it will be. Light jacket is all you'll need.
    You can call a taxi in advance. Or call one just after the game.

Or you can ask the nice people around you to give you a lift.
    I realize this was probably a joke, but for safety sake, I'll just be clear. This is Southern California. Do NOT take a lift from people you've just met at the game (or anywhere else, for that matter.) Remember, this is the real world, not Fantasyland.

• Rock Star Minion

half-joke.
    It's a hockey game, and those tickets were expensive. As long as they're not too drunk, they should be fine. No worse than a cab imo.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Thanks for all the replies, and to whomever moved this to the correct place for me. I will take warm clothing (I get cold in England, so will go prepared!), and something to sit on!

We are so looking forward to going, we've have never been to an ice hockey match and this will be our one and only opportunity! So glad we managed to get tickets.

Thanks for the advice re transport, think we will probably stick with taxis for transport as it will be dark and a new place and I'm a chicken! Probably too cautious but better safe than sorry.

Many Thanks again, there is so much to learn and discover in going on vacation to a new destination I'm stunned by it all. Excited though! We're going to Disneyland!! Whoo!

• Selfie Expert

You've probably got all the information you need, but since I'm a big hockey fan I just HAVE to post!

My husband and I are Phoenix Coyotes season ticket holders, and we have two very different opinion on what to wear to the games. I'm a complete wimp with cold, so I wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt, my jersey, and a wool jacket (unless I really feel the need for my jersey to be seen, then I just freeze). I also wear extra socks, sometimes a hat, and sometimes gloves. My husband, however, wears jeans, a t-shirt, and his jersey. I think it just depends on your cold tolerance.

I've never been to a game other than the Yotes, though, so I don't know if there's a huge difference between venues.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    You've probably got all the information you need, but since I'm a big hockey fan I just HAVE to post!

My husband and I are Phoenix Coyotes season ticket holders, and we have two very different opinion on what to wear to the games. I'm a complete wimp with cold, so I wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt, my jersey, and a wool jacket (unless I really feel the need for my jersey to be seen, then I just freeze). I also wear extra socks, sometimes a hat, and sometimes gloves. My husband, however, wears jeans, a t-shirt, and his jersey. I think it just depends on your cold tolerance.

I've never been to a game other than the Yotes, though, so I don't know if there's a huge difference between venues.

I am NOT a lover of cold conditions (joint & muscle problems mean I get in sooo much pain with the cold ) so I will go prepared with lots of layers - can always take them off if I get hot!

Can I ask, roughly how long does a game last, just on average? 2-3 hours? I've no idea as we only ever get highlights of games on channels I can watch over here (when we are really lucky!).

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If you really want to see a hockey game you need to really be in Canada - it's nearly a religion up there. But you won't be doing bad here either. Both the Ducks and the Kings have won Stanley Cups so it still is a very popular sport here too.

If you are here in the summer you might want to watch a baseball game - it is "America's past-time" after all. The Angels play across the street from the Ducks so it would be just as easy to see a game there.

Basketball is played in downtown LA by both the Clippers and the Lakers. I wouldn't bother. Its relatively far from Anaheim and parking can be a pain.

Soccer is starting up too but you have to go to Carson (near LA) to see the Galaxy play. They just won the MLS championship and so they are quite a good team to go see play.

As for football, you'd have to wait for be fall, and you would have to settle for college football - either UCLA or USC. You can also see a pro game in San Diego but thats a bit farther away. It's odd that there is no pro football team in LA considering it is America's second largest city and football rivals baseball as America's most popular sport.