Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Alert: Tax Day Explosions go off at Boston Marathon

The Westboro Baptist Church rejoiced Monday’s bombing, announcing their plans to picket the funerals of those killed. “God sent the Boston Marathon Bombs for the sin of Massachusetts passing same-sex marriage,” the Westboro Baptist Church announced on Twitter. Another tweet announced, “Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs!” The controversial church is well-known for protesting at the funerals of dead soldiers as well as regularly protesting at the funerals of those killed in shootings or, as seen on Monday, bombings. The group has been actively involved in protests and anti-gay actions since 1991. The Westboro Baptist church then tweeted that people can help in the explosion aftermath by reinstating the death penalty for gay people.
    Westboro Baptist Church to protest funerals of those killed in Boston bombing - Wilmington Civil Rights | Examiner.com

• Golden State of Mind

I'd like to see them try.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Unfortunately, there are no suspects as of yet. Last I heard, there is a person of interest.

Due to the bombs that went off, and those that remained intact, I would guess that it is more than one person. Thank goodness that law enforcement authorities turned off the cell phone networks before the remaining bombs could be set off.

At this point, I am of the opinion that this is an act of outside terrorists. But, it very well could be domestic terrorists, whether criminally insane, right wing militia typs, or a person(s) with a vindetta for how life is treating them. I do not believe that the government option to be a possibility at all.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

"If your experience and your expertise is Middle East terrorism, it has the hallmarks of al Qaeda or a Middle East group," former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes said. "If your experience is domestic groups and bombings that have occurred here, it has the hallmarks of a domestic terrorist like Eric Rudolph in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics bombings."
    Authorities arrest suspect in Boston bombings, source says - CNN.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Is it the young white guy running away from the scene with torn clothing?:

Marathon's deadly moments captured from office building above finish line - PhotoBlog

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Why would you think he's the suspect?
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

CNN mistakenly reported the arrest today and that the suspect was on his way to the federal court house. At the same court house this afternoon a bomb threat forced an evacuation there. FBI in light of the court house threat the press conference that was scheduled for 5 PM was rescheduled till 8 and that too was cancelled. Most recent info is that they have identified a person of interest through surveillance camera footage from Lord & Taylor store across the street from the second blast. A lid from a pressure cooker, that was used as the bomb, was recovered from a roof of one the buildings on Boylston St. Supposedly they are claiming that there were no other undetonated devices found but I believe that they are with holding info about what was previously reported as this investigation is very active and ongoing.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Why would you think he's the suspect?
    Take a look for yourself:

Boston Marathon bombings: Web sleuths scour through thousands of photos for clues | Mail Online

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    CNN mistakenly reported the arrest today and that the suspect was on his way to the federal court house. At the same court house this afternoon a bomb threat forced an evacuation there. FBI in light of the court house threat the press conference that was scheduled for 5 PM was rescheduled till 8 and that too was cancelled. Most recent info is that they have identified a person of interest through surveillance camera footage from Lord & Taylor store across the street from the second blast. A lid from a pressure cooker, that was used as the bomb, was recovered from a roof of one the buildings on Boylston St. Supposedly they are claiming that there were no other undetonated devices found but I believe that they are with holding info about what was previously reported as this investigation is very active and ongoing.
    Thank you for this concise and accurate update.

Micechat stands with Boston.

We hope you and your family and friends are all OK.

Thank you. I wasn't at the marathon this year but have been there many times in past years. and have walked those sidewalk many times. Don't believe I know any of the injured directly, however the 8 year old boy, Martin Richard, lived in my neighborhood. I had the day off and was hiking at Blue Hills nearly 10 miles south of the city and could hear the explosions, clearly, though I assumed it was thunder (which I thought was odd since it wasn't in the forecast) till my partner who was working at the marathon called me. I looked toward the city, and could still still see the cloud of smoke drifting past the skyline.

There have been lot of false reports and claims in the media/online about possible suspects I am confident that the FBI will have answers soon and are working very hard to find the responsible persons. Try not to give much credit to the rumors and speculations out there. the man seen running with torn clothes as been determined to be a victim.

Please consider helping if you can the governor and Boston's Mayor have set up The One Fund to help all those families effected. The One Fund

Also is there anyway to change headline, Tax Day is the furthest thing on any ones mind here on PATRIOTS DAY!

The Westboro Baptists have said they plan their protests here but there is NO way proud Bostonians will allow that.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Great post. The investigation is moving fast in many directions, hopefully we'll have some answers soon.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast