Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay??

• Wonderful World

Ebay??

Has anyone ever been ripped off of ebay??I just bought a 150 dollar brand new 60 GB ipod video and for that kind of price u would think it wouldnt work or somethin.Im hoping it will cause that would SO kick.So is it possible I made the wrong decsion?
    I'm back MiceChat

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Ebay??

oh man, you probably bought it from me....its just altoid tin, with everything drawn onto it....sorry about that....
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• All you need is LOVE

Wow let us know how it all goes

• Wonderful World

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    oh man, you probably bought it from me....its just altoid tin, with everything drawn onto it....sorry about that....
    Lol u scared me for a moment ill keep ya posted
    I'm back MiceChat

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Did you check the sellers feedback before bidding? If they have scammed people in the past, that is a good way to tell. Also check other items they have up for auction to see if they have sold similar items in the past.

After you have paid for the item is too late to be asking these kinds of questions. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Especially on Ebay- you will almost always pay retail for electronics on ebay because they are in such high demand.

If you pay with paypal, you can buy insurance, I would do that if you can so you can get your money back easily if this was fradulent.

Good luck, I hope you weren't ripped off.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've been using eBay for years and I've had very few problems. The first big problem happened last month, when one of the sellers turned my in for being a non paying bidder, even though they had accepted payment through PayPal weeks before. Never answered my emails, never appologized for starting the dispute, and mailed the item a week later than they said they did.

Feedback is one way to see what kind of person you are dealing with but be careful with that also. In the above transaction I didn't bother to leave feedback ( I would of negged them) because I was afraid of retalitory feedback from them. I have 100% positive feedback and I want to protect that. So check the feedback before you buy, but be very cautious even then.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I know what you mean. I have 100% as well (400+), and it is important to me to keep it.

Too many idiots on eBay that just want to mess with the sellers, and eBay won't step in and clear up any of the rif-raf that they cause.

• Old Timer

I always check the feedbacks of the seller plus what else he is selling, it gives me an idea of who they are.
    Also mostly the seller must have at least 100 feedbacks above 95%, I allow a few negatives as it happens with some moron buyers that cannot be satisfied no matter what, I even have a couple from a seller that never emailed me for over a month about how much he needed for shipping to Alaska, so I held back payment and bought an identical item from another seller. Buying on ebay is similar to a flea market, would a $2,500 top of the line laptop being sold along the highway be something of a safe purchase?
    Use common sense, recently buyers were scammed into buying an Xbox 360 "picture" or an empty box, read ALL of the description! I've seen small items sell for pennies with a $50 shipping charge! Also be careful of buying out of the country, some have great exchange rates like buying LEDs from Honk Kong but I was recently charged an outrageous shipping charge from a seller in Canada and I live next door in Alaska.
    If possible buy from a Paypal protected seller so you can get a refund, NEVER send cash or money order or Western Union, Paypal works great for me, been using it for years. Only time I got the short end was buying a HALO game for PC, forgot to read the small print that seller was not registered anymore, sent money and thats the last I ever saw, no game.

Ebay is great for collectibles, I got a huge deal on a new wedding ring set for my wife, appraised at over $8,000 and I bought it for $450 with 32 other bidders, got a high bid in with 3 seconds left on the auction, my way of bidding!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• most magical vaca ever

I am an Ebay buyer and seller..... I swore I'd NEVER try Ebay again since the very first purchase I made on Ebay went sour But I tried again, got addicted and know to do as much research as you can on the seller and the buyer.

*thanks for looking and Happy Bidding*

Oops wrong site
    ~~~~~~

• Banned User

I am a big ebay fanatic, but I never buy from sellers with under 75 perfect feedback. I never ever bid on anything to new bidders, I am to afraid. I have gotten 3 bad feedback out of 700 for fools who were beginners, and did not pay, or did not send my items when I won. I left bad feedback and they retaliated! I learned from this and so I never buy from new sellers. I have perfect feedback, no more fools for me. I also hate the fact I pay almost emidiatly and the seller does not leave me feedback. like they just do not want to be bothered. I think, if you pay right away, ( I sit on my auctions so I know when they end) and If I am a good buyer, then do your part and leave me feedback.
    I shop ebay before anything else!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

See i've got a bunch of Mcdonalds Disney toys unopened I wanted to sell on Ebay but I'm afraid that I will be scammed as a seller. I read the help sections on the site but anyone have any tips for a beginner?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    See i've got a bunch of Mcdonalds Disney toys unopened I wanted to sell on Ebay but I'm afraid that I will be scammed as a seller. I read the help sections on the site but anyone have any tips for a beginner?
    Make sure you recieve the buyers money first and have them pay for shipping.

• Banned User

The biggest pet peeve I have is these sellers who want 10.00 to ship a cd, or ever 5.00 when you know in an envelope its 75 cents! Also the boxes are free thru USPS and so it the labels, the tape all of it. So when they say packaging is extra I want to get pisty as I know Priority does and all that is free. just go to there site and order it and it comes to your home. FREE!! no shipping no nothing. those sellers who want you to pay a fortune to ship items I juststay away from!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yeah, don't disreguard ALL of us with loe scores. I hardly ever do ebay but ALL of my scores are positive.

I just bought a pin but it never arrived. I trust that the seller sent it (buit NO insurance was offered!) and he did refund my money but the whole time I'm still hoping he doesn't think i'm trying to rip him off because I have such a loe score
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• A Pirate's life for me!

I started out by buying items and paying immediately. Built up my reputation, then started selling.

Protect yourself when selling and pay the extra few cents per package to track them for delivery. Without that proof of delivery, the con-artist buyers will claim that they never received the item and you will lose (both your case and your money). Spell it out in your description that all items are sent with delivery confirmations, that way the scam artists know it ahead of time and will probably avoid your item.

I mostly ship out priority mail with delivery conf. Most buyers don't mind paying a little extra, knowing that they will get it faster and you appear more professional.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast