Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Some people just like to exercise their right to carry and that's fine. They don't need to answer to anyone on why they carry it. He probably forgot it was there. It happens more than you think. I tell ya, those .380s are small enough to forget. Nice little guns, but they want to slip out of the hand while fired though.

    Disney's security had no fault, they rarely check pockets for contraband.
    Wow, okay this ain't a set of keys we're talking about. It is a gun! I'm all for gun rights but if you want your right to carry a gun you gotta be a heck of a lot more responsible with it than that. You can't just forget a gun. If the idea behind the right of having a gun is to protect yourself, I'd hate to see how many of these gun owners find themselves in a bad situation, reach for where they normally keep their gun and then realize "oops, it ain't there". People with known memory problems or forgetfullness should not have conceal and carry rights if this kind of thing is going to be the norm for them.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    867

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    I know this is a very hot button issue around the country. I hope people can keep it civil in here. I'd hate to see it get closed or have a mod come in here. I'm not saying its happening now or anything. But if there were a nail biting smiley, I'd use it right now.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

  3. #33

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    247

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm not sure about that. There are many busy places that have no security at all that never have any gun violence.

    We don't even know if it was intentional or not. The guy who had it could've been just an ordinary law-abiding person and was just too careless to check to see if he left his gun at home or in his or her car.
    He wasn't too careless to check if he left it at home, or in his car, he willingly took it with him. It was supposedly in his back pocket when he came into the park and he had no idea it would be against the rules to bring it into the park. He stated he assumed the security was for bomb checking, not guns.

    An older woman and a younger boy supposedly found the gun and pointed it out to someone. The man who accidentally left the gun claimed that it more than likely got out of his pocket due to the fact that the ride was extremely bumpy and according to reports he was extremely apologetic and had no idea he couldn't bring the gun inside.

    He just seems like a nice citizen, who happens to CC, but doesn't have common sense.

  4. #34

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    867

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    He just seems like a nice citizen, who happens to CC, but doesn't have common sense.
    Weapons and lack of common sense, don't mix. Perhaps they should have an IQ Test as part of a requirement for getting a license, JMO. And storing it in his back pocket? So many puns or one liners can be put with that. Which one to go with? Hmmm.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

  5. #35

    •   
    • Lurking in the corners
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nothern Ohio
    Posts
    678
    Blog Entries
    22

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    And storing it in his back pocket? So many puns or one liners can be put with that. Which one to go with? Hmmm.

    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

  6. #36

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,958

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Wow, okay this ain't a set of keys we're talking about. It is a gun! I'm all for gun rights but if you want your right to carry a gun you gotta be a heck of a lot more responsible with it than that. You can't just forget a gun. If the idea behind the right of having a gun is to protect yourself, I'd hate to see how many of these gun owners find themselves in a bad situation, reach for where they normally keep their gun and then realize "oops, it ain't there". People with known memory problems or forgetfullness should not have conceal and carry rights if this kind of thing is going to be the norm for them.


    Very well put. Carrying a firearm is the type of thing that allows for NO mistakes. EVER. If you can't be responsible enough to keep track of it, you have no business carrying it. I'm just sorry there's no serious penalties included with losing your loaded gun.

  7. #37

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Weapons and lack of common sense, don't mix. Perhaps they should have an IQ Test as part of a requirement for getting a license, JMO.
    Even background checks (mental health and criminal records) failed to pass Congress, so even though I agree with you, that's obviously going too far.

  8. #38

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,344

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    It's like rule number one to hold your gun in a way that it doesn't slip out and get out of your possession. Some child could've got hurt. Makes the rest of us look bad. I hope they get this guy for being so irresponsible with his gun. He needs the wakeup call.
    This! Most folks are concentrating on whether or not he should have brought the gun into a Disney park. I don't have nearly as big a problem with that as I do with the fact that he let it get out of his possession. I'd bet that there are dozens of guns that get into the Disney parks daily, all without incident. But allowing your gun to slip out of your control and potentially into the hand of a kid is totally inexcusable.

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    867

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Even background checks (mental health and criminal records) failed to pass Congress, so even though I agree with you, that's obviously going too far.
    Ehh, it was rhetorical or just hypothetically speaking. I wasn't serious on it. My point is, if you're not smart or sensible enough to handle a gun responsibly, you shouldn't be allowed to carry one. But then again, people still use a gun even if they don't have a license. They just "borrow" someone else's. Its like I always say when it comes to law breakers, "Everyone speeds. Just not everyone gets caught."
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

  10. #40

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Uhh,, Six Flags has gates and it is a nightmare!!! I think I would rather have the .000000001% chance of getting shot than dealing with those horrible invasive long security gate lines!

    Seriously, they are terrible. Think airport, but worse!

  11. #41

    • 1,200 Miles from da Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    902

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by jloucks View Post
    Uhh,, Six Flags has gates and it is a nightmare!!! I think I would rather have the .000000001% chance of getting shot than dealing with those horrible invasive long security gate lines!

    Seriously, they are terrible. Think airport, but worse!

    I never thought the lines to get through security at my local 6 flags were that bad??? I mean its definitely not worse than the airport, and never taken me that long to get through...

    It's a simple matter of taking the metal out of your pockets and going through a metal detector and if you set the detector off twice you get wanded and pat down, and if you have a bag they look through it quickly, other than the metal detectors what's so different in that policy that makes it worse than the airport or most places that do that?
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton


  12. #42

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    867

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    I never thought the lines to get through security at my local 6 flags were that bad??? I mean its definitely not worse than the airport, and never taken me that long to get through...

    It's a simple matter of taking the metal out of your pockets and going through a metal detector and if you set the detector off twice you get wanded and pat down, and if you have a bag they look through it quickly, other than the metal detectors what's so different in that policy that makes it worse than the airport or most places that do that?
    It's ironic. Nineteen guys takeover 4 planes by hiding box cutters on them and Disney implements security checks at their parks all over the world as a permanent fixture. But I think Six Flags was doing it a couple of years before 9/11. At least at Magic Mountain in Valencia they were.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

  13. #43

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Very well put. Carrying a firearm is the type of thing that allows for NO mistakes. EVER. If you can't be responsible enough to keep track of it, you have no business carrying it. I'm just sorry there's no serious penalties included with losing your loaded gun.
    does anyone know what the legal repercussions would be if the gun went off during the ride and someone got hit?

    Would the owner be solely responsible?

    Would Disney be found at fault? (I think we all know whoever got shot would sue Disney, warranted or not)

    What if someone (a kid) picked up the gun (thinking it was a toy) and accidentally shot someone? Who would be at fault then? (the kid, the owner, Disney?)

  14. #44

    • Metro-Retro Historian
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brava Centauri
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    Thankfully the gun didn't have a round in the chamber. It would have been one bad bounce from going off, so at least the guy had a little sense.

    Personally I think if you feel you need to carry a gun to feel safe at Walt Disney World, do yourself a favor and check into a mental hospital for paranoia.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

  15. #45

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    7

    Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

    The day after 'the gun incident' we went to DAK and went through the "Guests Without Bags" area. We had water bottles and rain ponchos in our cargo short pockets. The guards at the GWB area asked what was in our pockets. After pulling out the 'bulky' items they let us in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Most Repeatable Ride At the Magic Kingdom? At EPCOT? At DAK? At DHS?
    By Ride Warrior in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
  2. Woman arrested trying to bring loaded gun into MK
    By flynnibus in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
  3. Favorite Ride
    By Napsto in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •