Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband says I am obsessed.

Why was I upset when my husband told me about a week ago that I was obsessed with Disney? Is there something wrong with liking something so much, that brings you so much pleasure? My husband does not share my passion. He doesn't tell me not to go on Disney vacations. He doesn't complain about the money I spend. He even frequents the internet looking for Disney merchandise he thinks I will like and sometimes even buys it and surprises me with it.

So why does the word "obsess" upset me? I do have other things in my life. I don't see anything wrong with enjoying what you enjoy. Embracing that thing that feeds your soul. What feeds your soul? Are you obsessed with Disney? With MiceChat? With something else in your life?

I know I am not alone.

• most magical vaca ever

Re: My husband says I am obsessed.

Nope not alone

Luckily my hubby shares my of Disney

I do however have several friends that think we are Disney obsessed and I can understand how it makes you upset. They just don't understand
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I here the same exact things from my husband all the time- except he doesn't do the nice stuff like encourage me to go on vacation and surprise me with Disney stuff. Although he did get me a beautiful castle snow globe for Christmas which surprised me.

So feel lucky- he may call you obsessed, but at least he's supportive. I get called obsessed MINUS any support about it- all I get is grief! The man just does not understand. Most people don't understand my obsession with Disney. But oh well, I don't really care because I have all my MiceChat buddies to share my obsession with!

And no the word obsession doesn't bother me- because it's true, I am !
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Nope, not alone. My boyfriend always tells me he is comfortable with my "addiction" I just blow it off because I figure at least I don't do drugs, drink or smoke cigarettes.

Besides I only go when I have the money to go, I don't go when I can't pay the bills.

As far as it being a bad thing, I don't know. I guess by definition we are addicted to it and obssesed, is that a bad thing? I guess it depends on how it affects your life and what you do to fulfill that addiction. If it takes OVER your life than I would say its bad. LOL

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

My husband as NO idea what I do on the computer hour after hour. I think he thinks I spend all my time on eBay. Once in a while when I'm in here he will come in and ask me what I'm doing and I just casually say just surfing around.

Hey, of all the obsessions you could have, this is a pretty harmless one so just go with it and enjoy!!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• e komo mai

Barbarann~
    My partner is a Disney muggle, too. He says I'm obsessed, too. I ignore it. Be yourself. I say, anytime they use the word 'obsessed' we should go out and buy ourselves something Disney...

GC

• Circle of Ancients

Luckily I don't have that issue. My wife is just as addicted as I am. When it comes to merchandise she is more addicted than me.

IMO, there are ALOT worse things you could be addicted to.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Luckily I don't have that issue. My wife is just as addicted as I am.
    That can have its own set of issues, too. Like who's the more dedicated fan, who knows more about Disneyland, who gets to wear the Mickey gloves to work that day...

I agree, sc, there are worse things to be obsessed about.

• Give Peace a Chance

Sounds like the real problem here may be your husbands use of the word "obsessed". We all seek approval in things from those who we love the most. Perhaps it is simply because he doesn't share your passion for Disney, and you wish he did. Coming from him, it stings, if someone else said it, it would not phase you a bit.
    My DH is not nearly as much a fan as I am, (and he is always surprising me with something Disney) though he is much more a fan than he will ever admit to (hehehe) he too uses the word obsessed, like it's a new catch phase, hopefully he will stop using it. If not, I'll just continue to ignore it when he does. No use rewarding negative behavior.
    ~ MickeysGirl o
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! o

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    That can have its own set of issues, too. Like who's the more dedicated fan, who knows more about Disneyland, who gets to wear the Mickey gloves to work that day...

I agree, sc, there are worse things to be obsessed about.
    I'm the person who knows more about Disneyland ... and she's okay with that ... I think.

I think we have 2 totally different layers of addiction. She loves going to the parks, shopping online, etc, etc, etc. I'm more of the "What concrete are they replacing today" guy.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I think we have 2 totally different layers of addiction. She loves going to the parks, shopping online, etc, etc, etc. I'm more of the "What concrete are they replacing today" guy.
    and THAT ladies and gentleman is the differences between a Disney man and Disney woman.

• e komo mai

I'm more of the "What concrete are they replacing today" guy.
    So am I! I look to see if the patterns on manhole covers are lined up...

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

I think the sting comes from the words "obsessed" and even "addicted". They have such negative conotations. Is your life so filled with Disney there is no room for anything or anyone else? I haven't met anyone like that here at MiceChat. Why not just say we are "passionate" about Disney.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    What feeds your soul? Are you obsessed with Disney? With MiceChat? With something else in your life?

I know I am not alone.

Well I don't know about feeding my soul, but it defintely feeds my tummy...I am obsessed with sushi....I absolutely love it and would eat it every day if it was less expensive!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Well, the word "Obsess" has negative conotations.

If it does not interfere with your everyday life, it's not a problem.
    I do know however there are some out there who max the Cards, break the bank, and spend hours upon hours in Disney related endevors. They need help. Just like any addiction, I guess.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast