• Disnerd

Long Time Lurker Finally Made an Account

Hope I'm posting this in the right area. I just wanted to say a quick introduction before I started participating in the forums.

My name is Jenn and I'm a Disnerd (hiiiii Jennnnn). A little about me...

I've been visiting WDW since I was 6 years old. My first trip was in 1983 right after EPCOT Center had opened. As such, I grew up in the Disney "Edutainment" capital of the world and that's where my fondest memories lie.

I am a happily married mommy to one amazing little 7-year old who is about as big of a Disnerd as mommy and daddy. We've been taking him to the world since he was 10-months old and he has 9 visits under his belt already (with #10 coming in December). He introduced me (or maybe reintroduced me) to the world through the eyes of a child and rekindled my passion for the parks.

In my spare time I like to do all sorts of stuff. In addition to being a techy/geek, I love to read and scrapbook on occasion (when I can) and am the webmaster for a site dedicated to extinct attractions across WDW property. NOTE: Not sure of the rules around here yet when it comes to posting links to other sites. I know some forums don't allow it so if that's a nono let me know!

We recently discovered Disney INfinity (preordered it) and the whole family are addicts. We said we'd only go with the characters we got on pick-up day but that failed real fast. We've picked up nearly all of them at this point... I think the Lone Ranger set being the only ones left. True money pit that game is. LOL!

Well I suppose that's enough babbling for now. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope I've maybe found a new "forum home" to keep my Disney addiction from turning into too much withdrawal.

Have a magical day!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2), 2013

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Long Time Lurker Finally Made an Account

Cool deal! You found the right place being a Disnerd, we'll be looking for more posts. Enjoy!

Hi Jenn! Nice to meet you! Disney Infinity is a soul sucker in the best possible way. lol My hubby works for GameStop and they can't keep the game in stock.. he says the figures sell out like crazy almost every shipment they get in.

• Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Cool deal! You found the right place being a Disnerd, we'll be looking for more posts. Enjoy!
    YAY for Disnerdness!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney*Darling View Post
    Hi Jenn! Nice to meet you! Disney Infinity is a soul sucker in the best possible way. lol My hubby works for GameStop and they can't keep the game in stock.. he says the figures sell out like crazy almost every shipment they get in.
    Oh I'd be in so much trouble if my hubby worked for GameStop. We've now picked up every character except the Lone Ranger set and we continue to work on the Power Discs. It's unbelievable how a game really took over this house. Late at night after I've gone to bed my hubby is up playing it. Everyone loves it and we are broke as a result. HAH!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2), 2013

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Ah, wonderful a new subject. Your majesty has just joined as we'll! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Prince John

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ExtinctJenn View Post
    YAY for Disnerdness!

Oh I'd be in so much trouble if my hubby worked for GameStop. We've now picked up every character except the Lone Ranger set and we continue to work on the Power Discs. It's unbelievable how a game really took over this house. Late at night after I've gone to bed my hubby is up playing it. Everyone loves it and we are broke as a result. HAH!

Working for that place is trouble! I always come home to a new game to the house! The last game me and my hubby were really into was the Disneyland kinect game. I would play that baby for hours!!! Until I moved to California, that game kept me going until my next disney trip.

• Hooterville, USA

We have a club called L.A. (Lurkers Anonymous). You would fit in if we could come out of the bushes long enough to meet one another. *sigh*

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.