Do you have the disease to please?
    I wonder how many of us put everyone elses needs
    before our own needs. Insights please.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Re: Disease to Please

i dont. I know its selfish, but I dont need to please anyone but myself

• twinkletwinkle I'm a star

I do. But I'm trying to quit! Tomorrow I'm spending money to get my daughter's hair highlighted and cut- which I really can't afford, but...
    So yesterday I was in the bookstore and saw the study Bible I've been wanting for a long time on sale-but still too expensive. They offered to let me pay half then and the other half next week- so I did. (!) My family was shocked! Wow! Wild life, huh? Bought a Bible!

I do not have the disease to please. I try to include others and be considerate and all, but I do not put their needs ahead of mine. That part of the "girly social conditioning" did not take. Most of the social conditioning didn't take, actually. There's a lot of views that I don't share.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

I have the disease, always have always will. its my nature to love and please those around me. Now grant it I do not care what people say about me, thats a given and I am not out to please them in this way, but I will go out of my way to always get my kids, family and friends wishs fulfilled before mine, even though I may not be as thrilled about it, I want to always be a blessing

• Give Peace a Chance

No, but I've got the health to be strong enough to love and care for the other people around me, and I have been blessed enough in my my life to be able to share with others.
    ~ MickeysGirl o
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! o

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I have no problem saying no to things, events, people. Because I'm a perfectionist, I know not to sign up for too many things at the same time, otherwise I wouldn't be able to do a good job. (And if I can't do a good job, I don't wanna do it!) Which isn't to say that I'm not a generous person or anything, I just know my limits.
    A signature should go here.

• Man O Lantern

What SusieP said. Also a perfectionist, and I love to be helpful, but if I can't be perfectly helpful, count me out!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Bah not me, my oldest son does though and he stresses out over it. Not me

G4 quit stalking me

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Again! Again! Again!

I have a tendancy to put others first, but it's only if they need help. I don't feel like I need to please people, just help. But there are times where I come first. Depends on the situation.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

When I was in first grade I got a new bike for Christmas. I rode it down to the corner, promptly crashed it, and threw it in the garage where it stayed for a year. I was so pissed. I can't do it right the first time? Then screw it!

Unfortunately, my son also has this tendency.
    A signature should go here.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    G4 quit stalking me
    Can't stalk you if I can't see you!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    Can't stalk you if I can't see you!
    Yes you can, you feeeeel my presence

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    When I was in first grade I got a new bike for Christmas. I rode it down to the corner, promptly crashed it, and threw it in the garage where it stayed for a year. I was so pissed. I can't do it right the first time? Then screw it!

Unfortunately, my son also has this tendency.
    Snort! Courtney's the exact same way, and she did the same thing with her bike...it sat there for years. She refused to get on it and "look stupid." We told her she'd look even more stupid when she was 40 years old and still didn't know how to ride a bike!

Chloe is a fake people pleaser. She only pulls out the, "Look, Mom, I did exaaaactly what you wanted" bit when her sisters didn't do what I wanted. Splenda. Fake sweet.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I have it terribly. It's an awful burden. And I am married to someone who is the COMPLETE opposite- which makes for a weird and funky combination.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast