Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• /sigh

Re: Do you need a haircut?

Funny, i just called yesterday for an appointment in Feb. I try to go at least every 1 - 2 months. But, sometimes it's like 6 months! My hair is getting really long, so it's heavy enough now to really straighten itself out without styling, which is great. I'm too chicken to get it layered. I'm too lazy to style it in the mornings like I used to.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

And I was looking inthe mirror last night thinking I needed one
    I usually go long in summer and shorter in winter, which I've heard is the opposite of what many people do I look best in hair above shoulder lenth and bangs. I keep the same style a year or two, then get tired of it and change it up. I've only been REALLY short once (right before I graduated from college. My mom FLIPPED! But it was the only hairdresser I've ever had who I trusted to do that. It looked cute!

Usually when my bangs reach my eyes, I realize I need to cut it. It's usually a month after that I get around to it. I HATE getting it cut. Not sure why but I feel so uncomfortable and the hairdresser always wants to talk, and I'd rather she concentrate on what she's doing. And I just want to get out!

Someday, I'll be brave enough to cut it really short, bleach the top and put in blue highlights.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Someday, I'll be brave enough to cut it really short, bleach the top and put in blue highlights.
    Do it! It's just hair, it grows back!
    A signature should go here.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

yes I need a haircut, I'm starting to look like a hobbit again....
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Resident DL'er

I cut my own hair, and do a better job than Fantastic Sam's used to do! Not sure I'd recommend it unless you're a guy with really short hair, like me.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Nevermind. I get to keep my appointment. Yay!
    Last edited by mamabot; 01-28-2006 at 03:36 PM.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I wear my hair long, and I pay way too much money every 2 months to get it highlighted and trimmed.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Actually I just had my hair cut last week. Before that it was almost 7 months between.

Most of my life I have had my hair long, as in about down to my waist long. There was once I cut it to just below my ears, but I had let it grow back out. About a year and a half ago I decieded that I was getting "to old" to keep my hair that long. Besides, I never wore it down anyway, I always kept it pulled up in a tail or bun so what was the point. Plus it was getting thin and scraggly looking.

We were standing out in front of a beauty shop talking to the ladys who owned the shop (my hubby knew her from being a regular at the cafe next door) and he suddenly told her I needed an appointment. I had been complaining to him how I needed to get off my hinney and have it cut.

So I went in and had it chopped. Really chopped. From down to my waist to just about shoulder length. When I got home my husband freaked!! I said, "I told you I was going to get it cut." He said, "I thought you were just going to have it trimmed!!" Geeze, men. If all I needed was a "trim" I coulda done that myself!! But he got over it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Life is Great!

right now its a couple inches from my waist, straight and color is nice and easy dark burgandy, thats as "crazy" as i can get where i work, as soon as i "retire" which is hopefully sometime this year it will be purple, havent dont that since high school. right before my 2.5 yr old was born it was a little past my waist and i cut it to above my shoulders(donated it) thinking it would be easier with a baby. now its grown back and i decided it was easier to just tie it up when i need to with the new baby. i desperately need a cut, one of these saturdays ill have enough time to go!
    {:

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't had long hair since the 8th grade, and that's 45 years ago. I keep my hair short. I use to curl it. I have very thin, and very straight hair. I was very blond as a child. My hair is now brown. No gray. Oh my grandson, claims to be pulling out a gray strand from time to time. I tell him that's a blond hair. I like my hair short. It's easy to just wash and go. Curly was O.K., but I look better with the straight. It's me.
    When I was a kid, my mom would wash and set my hair. I would take out the curlers and it looked nice for about an hour and then straight again. My sister on the otherhand had Shirley Temple curls. I was so jealous. She now colors her hair, to hide the gray, and keeps it very short. She spends more time and money on her "do" then I do. Different as night and day, my sister and I, in hair and makeup matters. Other things, we are exactly alike.

• insufferable know-it-all

I need a cut, a perm, or both.

I'm thinking I'll get a perm first, then once it gets a little longer, chop my hair back up to where it was when I hacked 10 inches off. But the perm is what makes the short hair totally cute, so I really can't just cut it now because my old perm grew out too far and it wouldn't flip up at the bottom the way I like. I'm fortunate to have a Paul Mitchell academy near me, so I pay for the level II students to do it (still way cheap), and they do a fantastic job.

I think a perm there is like $30 or so.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• See you there!

Well, I got my haircut a couple of weeks ago. I should try to get it cut on a semi-regular basis, but it just isn't happening.

I can tell when I need a hair cut (mainly) when my hair looks like heck when I remove my hat and have total mess. Frequently at DL on Sundays I just leave the hat on (and be impolite) instead of finding a mirror!

CU@DL

Andy

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

:: blink ::

wtf?

Alright I'll play. Only because I'm bored. Heh.

I could maybe use a trim, but my last haircut was only a month ago so I still got another month before it starts looking too shaggy. I try to get it cut regularly but sometimes fundage determines on when I can get it done. I can't just go to any salon. I have to go to the same person every time and they're not cheap... but they're really good. And I wear my hair long, past my shoulders... no bangs (because they grow too fast and get annoying).

• Sock Puppet

I badly need a haircut. I haven't had it cut since...um...what, July? September? Something like that. My hair's bugging the heck out of me now, it's so long and fritzy. I've had long hair before, but man, it is really bugging me something fierce these days. I was going to get it cut yesterday, then today, didn't do it. Tomorrow I definitely have to. I'm going nuts here.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Do y'all think I should get mine cut....or at least styled diffrently?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast