Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Minion

Re: Escpae from Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    If they're really blurred now, that's great. However I have read many things to the contrary, especially about the scene mentioned above. We will see.
    Things change from festival to release...a lot of times films with undesirable MPAA ratings are edited down from the festival showing. Same thing could apply here. You can easily just go blur faces in post-production, even after the film has been shown to a select group of people. So, yes, you are assuming, and you will be until you actually see the film with your own two eyes.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Things change from festival to release...a lot of times films with undesirable MPAA ratings are edited down from the festival showing. Same thing could apply here. You can easily just go blur faces in post-production, even after the film has been shown to a select group of people. So, yes, you are assuming, and you will be until you actually see the film with your own two eyes.
    And you're assuming they won't be visible. No difference there, except that my assumption is based on actual information that has been out there for months.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Minion

And you're assuming they won't be visible. No difference there, except that my assumption is based on actual information that has been out there for months.
    I'm reserving judgment until I see it at least.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Yep.

That site contains a fairly long list of theaters in the USA and Canada who are getting the film. ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW | OFFICIAL SITE | SHOWTIMES
    Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see this film! Look at that Epcot head. haha...
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• a wind to shake the stars

Just a reminder, this is out today!

I think the movie looks very interesting (love, in the trailer, the mom screaming, "It's this place!!!", standing in EPCOT) and will definitely see it given the chance.

Having said all of that above, and reading all of the posts about the legality and morality of the so-called "guerilla film making," I think I can say with certain confidence that if the tables were turned (the film maker of "Escape from Tomorrow" was somehow having HIS IP used without permission), he would be the first to cry "foul." After all, no one is more possessive of their own property than those who have stolen it from others.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Rotten Tomatoes is giving it a 57%.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

The writer/director of "Escape From Tomorrow" was on KCRW recently discussing the film and how they avoided issues with security. They also have a lawyer discussing fair use of IP.

Here's the link in case anyone else wants to listen to it: ‘Escape from Tomorrow’ Escapes Disney; TV Woos Latinos - The Business on KCRW

• Hedonist

Saw it enjoyed it. Impressed how they pulled it off. Loved the play with Disney urban legends. Will watch it again for sure.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

So I watched it last night and.... it was weird. Totally messed up in a David Lynch kind of way. But overall, I basically liked it. It was just so bizarre and surreal with some dark humor (a couple things gave me a good chuckle).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456