Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• World of Color

Exclamation Escpae from Tomorrow

This was in the Sundance Film Festival and it is going to premiere in the United States on October 11.

And here is the Wikipedia link

Escape from Tomorrow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Disney is not taking any action? Discuss

• Minion

Re: Escpae from Tomorrow

That was one of the cheesiest previews I have ever seen. I was laughing all the through thinking .. is this a joke?

• Foolish Mortal

No it isn't a joke, its actually pretty controversial. It was shot on DLR grounds without permission from DLR.

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    No it isn't a joke, its actually pretty controversial. It was shot on DLR grounds without permission from DLR.
    And it was shot on WDW grounds to. I'm surprise Disney has not did anything about this.

• No Disassemble!

Wow, that was like watching the cursed videotape from "Ringu" ("The Ring" - U.S. Title). The sucky thing about this is that people may want to watch the movie because they think it's a Disney film.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Rumour has it that Disney isn't doing anything about this because that would only make it more notorious.

• -

It looks horrible. I hope this lowlife director doesn't make a dime off of it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Heavy Breather

Now I'm not going to go off and dismiss this film on the grounds that it was shot guerrilla style, or just call it a trashy film. There 2 reasons a director makes a movie.
    1)Money: having no interest in the material and does not even attempt to get a message across in a film *cough* Micheal Bay *cough*.
    2)Personal Interests: The director of this film sounded like he and his father didn't get along all that well, even when they went to Disneyland. So he is making a film that follows the perspective of the father, and his descent into madness.
    I personally think it looks interesting and I will find a way to watch it.

My bet is that it will slide under the public eye due to Disney's lack of legal action, which is highly intentional, and that once the controversy has all died down and it is looking at a DVD release they strike them hard and get the vast majority of the money he made off of it, and likely kill its ability to circulate.

Which I would argue is perfectly moral and fine, since this guy is basically taking an approach to the movie that consists of "Take the happy innocent thing, make it look dark and edgy, do it without permission. I'M SUCH A REBEL COME SEE MY MOVIE!", or at least that's how it strikes me.

I really don't think anyone is going to mistakingly think this is an actual Disney produced film. I think it's fascinating that someone could shoot an entire movie in the parks unnoticed. I don't think it will be a good film, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how it came out.

Curiouser and curiouser...

•   
    • Minion

Where the lawsuits might come from are the people who were unwitting "extras" in this film without payment or even consent.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I think it's a smart move on Disney's behalf not to take legal action. If they do, the story will be all over the news/media which is like free publicity for the movie. Then people will WANT to see the film because of all the controversy. If Disney stays silent, (most) of the general public won't even know the film exists and it will eventually fade off.

In a way, I believe the director wanted Disney to take legal action.

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Rumour has it that Disney isn't doing anything about this because that would only make it more notorious.
    Yeah, they can't be happy about this but if they do nothing it comes and goes with little fanfare. If they try to squash it they get hit with the Streisand effect and end up making it far more popular than it would have been otherwise.

I'm glad this is going to see the light of day, I doubt the film is great but I think it's an awesome idea and I'd like to see how the final product turned out.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    I doubt the film is great but I think it's an awesome idea and I'd like to see how the final product turned out.
    You think it’s an awesome idea to exploit people’s likenesses for profit without their consent?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    And it was shot on WDW grounds to. I'm surprise Disney has not did anything about this.
    If Disney makes ANY kind of issue about it, it will just draw more attention to it. Then there may be others who try to do their own movies using the same strategy. Better for them to just ignore it and hope it eventually fades away. Outside of the location, there isn't much in the film that will be of interest to Disneyland fans.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast