Thread: New Member

Hello all,

I've been posting on here for about a month now and just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a 24 year old male from Melbourne, Australia and am set to marry my beautiful fiancé in April 2015.

For the past 18 months my fiancé and I had been planning a trip to the USA as our first big trip together.

The main places we wanted to visit were LA, Vegas and New York. We thought while we were in LA we should probably stop by anaheim and experience Disneyland and also stop at Orlando on the way to New York and check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Now something you need to know about me is that I'm a huge geek. If you asked me the 3 things I like most I'd tell you DC Comics, Legend of Zelda and Star Wars. However I spent my high school years playing in bands trying to be a rock star and got a Bachelor in Audio Engineering.

Even though I love all those geeky things I never loved Disney. Sure Toy Story was one of my favourite series and I really enjoy watching the Lion King but I was always a Bugs Bunny kid when I was growing up.

So when we decided to go to Disneyland as part of our trip it was really just one of those "we're here so might as well" moments. I was much more excited about universal Orlando (which I didn't really like that much in the end to be honest)

Upon arriving at our hotel. We decided to go and pick up our tickets for the next two days. Now before leaving I didn't really research disney land at all. So after getting our tickets we decided to go see where the gates were and noticed there was an area past the gates and stumbled across Downtown Disney.

From the second I stepped into World of Disney I was sold. It was kind if like you cannot resist that much concentration of Disney.

As the next two days progressed (on in DL one in CA with some more DL tacked on the end) I just got enthral led by the magic of the place. I was just so happy every second I was in the park. I just felt the theme in of everything was so perfect that you completely forgot where you were and just lost yourself in it.

So needless to say now I'm an addict. I am planning our next trip for our honeymoon and cannot wait to get back there. Turns out the place I was least looking forward to of our trip turned out to be my favourite place in the world!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: New Member

Hey bjmort! Welcome to the MiceChat forums! Glad to hear your opinion of Disneyland has changed! Welcome to the dark side mwuhahaha (just kidding). Hope your next trip back will be an even better one!

• Selfie Expert

Welcome to MiceChat!! Glad you were converted to a Disney fan.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Welcome! We welcome new converts with open arms Resistance to Disneyland is futile!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Merry 2014!

Welcome, Welcome, bjmort! Your experience reinforces my opinion that most Disney haters have never stepped through the turnstiles or got past the tunnels.

I hope you have fun exploring Micechat!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• keh!

Legend of Zelda, eh? We should talk...

Yeah love Zelda. Playing through Wind Waker right now (for the millionth time) it is much better on Wii U.