Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Escape from Tomorrow has been released

Has anyone watched it yet? If so, please share your reviews/thoughts after seeing the film. Getting it now on iTunes...
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Re: Escape from Tomorrow has been released

I am watching it today, its also available on amazon and vudu.
    On the official site they have a counter for "time since release we havent been sued yet" lol

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Or I could spend my money on Monsters University which was released on iTunes as well... seriously though, I will be renting Escape from Tomorrow, it should be interesting. I've heard that it gets really weird at the end... like REALLY weird.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Escape from Tomorrow : Behind the Scenes

You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

•   
    • Minion

Considering how freely the filmmaker treats others, I can't help but hope that his movie gets put up on some pirate bay and gets way more illegal downloads than purchases. If he doesn't mind exploiting others, he shouldn't mind being exploited, right?
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Considering how freely the filmmaker treats others, I can't help but hope that his movie gets put up on some pirate bay and gets way more illegal downloads than purchases. If he doesn't mind exploiting others, he shouldn't mind being exploited, right?
    Now that the film is out are you going to see it or are you going to keep on denigrating it without having viewed?

• Evil is Sexy

No interest.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Now that the film is out are you going to see it or are you going to keep on denigrating it without having viewed?
    If I can get it for free, sure, to make sure I'm not in it and don't need to put in a grievance with SAG. There's no way I'm actually giving my money to a filmmaker who doesn't pay his extras and freely admits to exploiting people. And I don't need to see the film to know that because he's said it himself in his interviews. It's not "denigrating the film" to point out the filmmaker's unethical business practices.

Hypothetically if you were in the movie for a split second or two in the background what would SAG be able to do for you?

•   
    • Minion

Hypothetically if you were in the movie for a split second or two in the background what would SAG be able to do for you?
    SAG could get me at least a day's scale, which is about $150, plus they could sanction the filmmaker with fines. It was made under a SAG contract so they'd have the ability to do that. It doesn't matter how many seconds you're in the film; if you're there at all and visible it counts as background work.

Well, let us know how that turns out! I hope for your sake that you can view the film and realize that you are in fact not in the background of any of the shots... you might even enjoy it!

•   
    • Minion

Well, let us know how that turns out! I hope for your sake that you can view the film and realize that you are in fact not in the background of any of the shots... you might even enjoy it!
    Thanks - Given the film's content about a grown man stalking minor girls, I seriously doubt it's my kind of thing, in any case.

Ha ha! I pointed this out in the other thread but I think a film that explores the exploitation of the images of minors within the context of Disney is very interesting! You see, many of the Disney princesses are technically "minors" and yet Disney has made billions of dollars using their images, so I can see why the filmmaker would explore something similar within his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    SAG could get me at least a day's scale, which is about $150, plus they could sanction the filmmaker with fines. It was made under a SAG contract so they'd have the ability to do that. It doesn't matter how many seconds you're in the film; if you're there at all and visible it counts as background work.
    What about the Behind the Scenes video above. Some of that was shot at an amusement park with people wandering around in the background. Even though it was not part of an actual film, does it's relationship to the film have any significance?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    What about the Behind the Scenes video above. Some of that was shot at an amusement park with people wandering around in the background. Even though it was not part of an actual film, does it's relationship to the film have any significance?
    Maybe, maybe not - because some "behind the scenes" or B-roll footage is taken during the filming, ie, while the actors are working. Footage taken for non-fiction documentary purposes doesn't count, though. So if those shots of the people walking from Harbor, or the kids hugging Mickey, or the woman talking to her son - where their faces are clearly shown - are in the film, they have a case. If it's just in this documentary, they don't. Neither do the people on the Santa Monica Pier.
    Last edited by Malina; 10-11-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast