View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for in Super Bowl XL?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

18 38.30%
  • Seatle Seahawks

12 25.53%
  • Go Comercials!

15 31.91%
  • What's football?

2 4.26%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Re: The Official Super Bowl Xl Thread

I will be watching the Super Ball with a bunch of Steeler's fans- my sister and husband have the Super ball party every year. My sister's husband is a huge football fan (but bigger baseball fan). I will be going for the food, the commercials and to play with the kiddies. The football game is optional!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• e komo mai

Arr, I likes de commercials, I do.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Ya know- there is a reason the Seahawks have never gotten to a Super Bowl, and have never won- because they weren't good enough. It's not something you earn by virture of not ever having it- it's not an entitlement or a right- it's something you fight and work for.

They have failed at every attempt til now-and they will have to now earn it- win it. I very much doubt the Steelers are going to come in and say- "hey, we've won before- they haven't, so let's go easy on them"

I hope the Steelers pluck every feather from the Hawks.

GO STEELERS!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: The Official Super Bowl Xl Thread

Well based on my sig yo ucan tell who I am roting for. I have several options for SB viewing. I can go watch at the local Steeler Fan club in my area, a friend's house, or at home with the family. I'll decide soon.

Hoping this will be the start of be the year of the Steel Curtain-Steelers win the Super Bowl and Lynn Swann gets elected as Pennsylvania's Governor.

And why does a Georgia boy root for the Steelers? I have many friends in Da Burgh and they have rubbed off on me. My dad grew up in Miami as a Dolphin fan and that is my family's team so I get tons of grief.

For those of you wondering-that record down there is the "Steeler Polka" from 1974 (I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Ya know- there is a reason the Seahawks have never gotten to a Super Bowl, and have never won- because they weren't good enough. It's not something you earn by virture of not ever having it- it's not an entitlement or a right- it's something you fight and work for.
    Agreed, but to say the Steelers are more due than the Seahawks would be flat out incorrect.

• My cuties!

I live in WA so I'm for the Seahawks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    Go Seahawks!!!
    Way to go for my team, PB! Seattle all the way!!!!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

augh! Polamalu went and "turned" his ankle in practice and is listed as "probable" for the game.

Augh!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    augh! Polamalu went and "turned" his ankle in practice and is listed as "probable" for the game.

Augh!
    He probably tripped on his hair! No seriously, this is definitly bad for the Steelers, because even if he plays, he may not be able to make the cuts necessary.

I hate injuries in sports (or at all, for that matter). Too often they determine the results of a game.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    He probably tripped on his hair! No seriously, this is definitly bad for the Steelers, because even if he plays, he may not be able to make the cuts necessary.

I hate injuries in sports (or at all, for that matter). Too often they determine the results of a game.
    I am having to convince myself that the entire game is not dependant on one Safety. But man! Polamalu is amazing!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I so hope Polamalu can play, I love watching him running all over the field knocking the crap out of people. What cracks me up is that if you watch closely, you can often see him literally fly across the screen, looking like he's wearing a cape. It just looks like he can lunge at someone and hover in the air for 15 feet sometimes.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Master of Disaster

ive said it once and ill say it again. I have to go with the team with the better track record and seattle has never lost a superbowl yet!

GO SEAHAWKS!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    go commercials!!! all broadcasting majors love them!!!
    Then why haven't there been any memorable ones to speak of for maybe 4-5 years? Were there any at all a year ago? Certainly none that I recall spurring me to spend my money on a certain product or service...and isn't that what all the much-ballyhooed commercials are supposed to be about?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Last year was pretty pathetic, commercial-wise. The last one I remember was the "cat-herder" though I don't remember the product. That was a couple years ago.

Let's hope for some good ones this year! I do like the Clydesdales playing football, though, and they usually have that going on.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Lest we forget...we might have been rooting for the "Anaheim" Seahawks tomorrow...in 1995, the Seahawks were looking for a way out of Seattle and even set up offices here, to possibly play in the old "Big A" after the Rams left.
    That's of course when Paul "The Savior" Allen stepped in...and saved the Seahawks for the great Northwest by getting the taxpayers (as usual) to build a new stadium for him...
    Go Seattle Seahawks (of Anaheim???) not again...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast