View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for in Super Bowl XL?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

18 38.30%
  • Seatle Seahawks

12 25.53%
  • Go Comercials!

15 31.91%
  • What's football?

2 4.26%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

The Official Super Bowl Xl Thread

Super Bowl XL (Forty to those who don't read Roman numerals) is this Sunday, Feb. 5th. Who ya for? Any big plans? Intermporate or random thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Re: The Official Super Bowl Xl Thread

This will be the second football game I've seen all season. I like football and on SuperBowl Sunday, I enjoy the commercials.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Since my team didn't make it, I'm defaulting to my second favorite team - which is my hubby's team - The Pittsburgh Steelers!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

well, I wish we could vote for more than one!
    I am definately GO STEELERS!! I went to school near "Pittsbush" for two years so I have an affinity for their team. But I mainly watch for the commercials
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

I have no affection for either team this year...ususally I've got a small favorite. We usually watch anyway...for the commercials.

And you never know what's going to happen at halftime!
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I shall cheer for Seattle for no reason whatsoever. What I do every football game thats not the CFL, randomly pick a team and root for them, and sometimes get overzealous (I was yelling at the TV during the Rose Bowl even though I couldn't care less about USC or Texas. ).

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'm really rooting for the scores at the 1st qtr, half, 3rd qtr and final. Football squares you understand.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Well seeing that DH works in downtown Detroit, we are attending a SB party in his building. It has been a zoo there since last week and Thursday & Friday they are haiving him work from home. I'm wondering what the drive is going to be like but am looking forward to the commercials - they are always the best!!
    I love Dumbo!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

As a football and sports fan, I find the Super Bowl to be the most over-hyped, over-analyzed, over-done and over-rated event of the year, hands down. By the time kickoff rolls around (yes, there is an actual game attached to all this)...it seems rather anti-climactic. Can you name any other game where the "official" pre-game show (four hours) is longer than the game itself?
    Not to mention the fact that every sports show in America is in Detroit this week to "analyze" the matchup.
    Having said that, I plan to watch the game with a friend.
    After a promise to Lightyear, I'll root for Seattle but I think the Steelers will win...more on that to come I'm sure as the countdown drones on to Super Bowl Xtra Large....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Give Peace a Chance

I will root for Seattle, because my friend is from there. DH will root for Seattle because he does not want Pittsburgh to get any closer to Dallas' record. I will be more interested in the commercials and the Rolling Stones at half time though.
    Oh, and of course hoping that one of us wins the pool.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Circle of Ancients

Go Seahawks!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I plan to go for a bike ride. There's a pancake breakfast in Knights Ferry.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    As a football and sports fan, I find the Super Bowl to be the most over-hyped, over-analyzed, over-done and over-rated event of the year, hands down. By the time kickoff rolls around (yes, there is an actual game attached to all this)...it seems rather anti-climactic. Can you name any other game where the "official" pre-game show (four hours) is longer than the game itself?
    Not to mention the fact that every sports show in America is in Detroit this week to "analyze" the matchup.
    Having said that, I plan to watch the game with a friend.
    After a promise to Lightyear, I'll root for Seattle but I think the Steelers will win...more on that to come I'm sure as the countdown drones on to Super Bowl Xtra Large....
    1. Yes, it's overhyped. Lots of money has been paid in the expectation that lots of people will be watching. If I do watch pregame, it's usually ESPN's, not the networks'. There's also a basketball game or two on. Back when we were younger, this crowd would stay up nearly all night carousing and boozing, get up and play a touch football game, then start eating at noon. Meh, we're older now. Wives and kids slowed us down.
    2. You watch the pre-game? I'm golfing. And helping my friend with the outdoor BBQ'ing. (I think it would suck to be on the east coast starting to watch at 6:15 and watching until 10PM or so. In the snow.)
    3. You're watching sports this week? I mean, they're hyping the Super Bowl. Why bother?
    4. I'm rooting for Seattle, and they're going to win! (Shades of Hasselbeck last year.)
    5. All of football is overhyped and over-commercial-filled. I hardly ever watch, and when I do, I'm usually at Yankee Doodles watching four screens at a time (with my fantasy-football-addicted friends) so I'm watching as few commercials as possible and maybe playing an hour or so of pool. (Just wait until the Olympics, which will be on at our house in full TiVo commercial ramming speed. We'll start watching an hour or so in and still catch up by 11PM.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

[quote=sediment]1. Yes, it's overhyped. Lots of money has been paid in the expectation that lots of people will be watching. If I do watch pregame, it's usually ESPN's, not the networks'. There's also a basketball game or two on. Meh, we're older now. Wives and kids slowed us down.
    2. You watch the pre-game? I'm golfing.
    3. You're watching sports this week? I mean, they're hyping the Super Bowl. Why bother?
    5. All of football is overhyped and over-commercial-filled. quote]

Points well taken...guess I just wanted a place to state my feelings about how overgrown the whole thing has become. It's media day Tuesday...how many different ways can 4-thousand reporters ask Jerome Bettis about how it feels to be home...or Shawn Alexander about how the Seahawks are being dissed?
    Don't watch much of the pre-game til the actual musical stuff starts (and, of course, Disney has seven hours plus of pre-game 'tween ESPN and ABC...)
    I watch Pardon Interruption and some of the 3pm Pacific Sportscenter...not much else this week...
    To each their own, sediment...and here's to what has become a national holiday dedicated to the pomp, circumstance and largesse that America stands for...
    And oh, by the way, they'll play a football game for the NFL Championship...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Any reason to have a party is what I like. I enjoy the commercials and half time show.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast