• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Two weeks until pitchers and catchers report...

The heck with the Super Bowl, NBA (yawn), college hoops, even the Olympics and the NHL...
    ONLY TWO WEEKS TIL PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT TO MLB Spring Training Camps.
    And this year, we have the World Baseball Classic as well.
    Let's talk baseball!!! Which is your favorite team? How did they do in the off-season?
    I'll start. My passion for 42 years...the Angels.
    And I ask the question...where's that power hitter we need to protect Guerrero? As a matter of fact...paging GM Bill Stoneman...if we're planning to go into the A-L West race with this roster...and no Bengie Molina (one of the best clutch hitters ever)...forget about October...paging Bill Stoneman...anybody seen him?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Two weeks until pitchers and catchers report...

Go Anaheim Angels!!

And let's pretend the season ended last year after the Yankees!

Oh wait. The season DID end after the Yankees!

I hope Bartolo and Guerrero are healthy!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Baseball is always fun in Chicago, with our two teams. Cubs - always waiting for next year, and the White Sox, now hoping to repeat what they did last year. White Sox now have the bragging rights. Should be an interesting baseball season.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    And I ask the question...where's that power hitter we need to protect Guerrero? As a matter of fact...paging GM Bill Stoneman...if we're planning to go into the A-L West race with this roster...and no Bengie Molina (one of the best clutch hitters ever)...forget about October...paging Bill Stoneman...anybody seen him?
    I'll miss Bengie but Jose might do o.k. We'll really miss Bengie's bat. We definitely need someone who can hit, and Finley is definitely gone, right? (Please say yes.) Other than Guerrero, I'm not seeing any real fire power in the line up, now that we lost Bengie. Anderson and Erstad were both kind of iffy, especially in the post season last year. We need a BIIIIIIG bat, and I don't see one yet. Defense should be pretty solid, depending on who they stick on 3rd. Are we sure Bill Stoneman has a job after last year?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Are we sure Bill Stoneman has a job after last year?
    Just thought I'd point out that the Angels did make it to the ALCS last year...and have two division titles in a row. But with the improvements other teams in the AL West have made this year, they're gonna need more hitting...Mike Piazza would have been a perfect fit as a d-h here. Does he really think he can still catch?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by radiobarry
    To heck with...the NHL
    That is a grave insult sir .

• Rally Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    The heck with the Super Bowl, NBA (yawn), college hoops, even the Olympics and the NHL...
    ONLY TWO WEEKS TIL PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT TO MLB Spring Training Camps.
    And this year, we have the World Baseball Classic as well.
    Let's talk baseball!!! Which is your favorite team? How did they do in the off-season?
    I'll start. My passion for 42 years...the Angels.
    AMEN! I agree with everything you say, though i'm looking forward to the Olympics. yes, we need a power hitter and we'll miss Bengie.

But check back here in two weeks - i'll be at that first day practice with a camera and post my pics. We went last year to the very first day and got a picture with Arte and he gave my daughter a ball.
    a friend of Walt.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OK the title thread about pitchers and catchers mislead me. Here I was getting all hot and bothered and all I come to find is talk about baseball.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    OK the title thread about pitchers and catchers mislead me. Here I was getting all hot and bothered and all I come to find is talk about baseball.
    How did I know this would be here sooner or later.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    How did I know this would be here sooner or later.
    Maybe I need to be filled in on something here...or am I really dense?

• Senior Minion

Nothing to see here return to posting. :whistles

Sorry RB.

Go Detroit Tigers go! Faithful and true
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• most magical vaca ever

Love all my Yankee Haters

~~~~~~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

There certainly seen to be no lack of them...

Can not wait until baseball season. Go METS! Even though Mike Piazza signed a 1 year $2 million deal with the San Diego Padres, but at least that will give me a reason to go to Disneyland and a ballgame out in Cali

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I loved baseball when I was a kid but not so much into it now. There's no love for the sport here in Florida. It's all about football (and hockey... and a little basketball) down here.

I grew up a Detroit Tigers fan though (makes sense being a MI native). My folks had season tickets when I was in high school. I'd usually bum a ride off them and buy a cheap seat to get in. I loved hanging out by the dugout getting autographs before the games. I even got to know a few players pretty well. I used to like taking photos and having them sign those instead of baseball cards. Some players liked the photos so much they asked me for copies and gave me signed baseballs in return.

I live maybe a mile from the Phillies training camp here in Clearwater. I'm tempted to maybe check out a game... mainly for the food (I heard they got some good stuff to eat during spring training). LOL!