• An actors life for me

Need Help with a decision...

Okay so as many of you know, i just got hired at Disneyland in Attractions in Fantasyland/Toontown which, to be totally honest, im not to thrilled about. I REALLY wanted adventureland. Anyway....prior to getting hired i had worked for 4 months on an audition for a show. Oh btw, im an actor...sorry i forgot to mention that part. But, ive been working on my audition for this show(How to Succeed in Buisness Without Really Trying) for the longest time. And now that i got hired, i wont be able to do anymore shows. And ugh i always told myself id but my craft before anything, i.e. a job. So heres my dillemma...do i Audition for a show that if i get cast in, and i know i can, ive been wanting to do forever, OR work for Disneyland, and ive heard from alot of previous CM's that its not worth the money im getting payed for....PLUS a friend of mine tells me she can hire me at the movies in the Irvine Spectrum and i can get paid more. ARGH! Decisions, decisions....Help me please. Id much appreciate it.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: Need Help with a decision...

personally, I think you need to go with your gut instinct, deep down what is it that you want to do with your life? do you want to act? then the show would be your best bet, if money isn't an issue, ie, you're not in debt and need to pay a ton of bills, then you have the freedom to do what you really want to do. If down the road, something opens up that you can't pass up, then at least you followed the dream.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Sounds like you're heart really isn't at DL. If the play is that important to you, you would resent giving it up to work in a place you really don't want to be. If you were a guest at DL, would you want some one like that affecting your visit?

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

take it from someone who regrets skipping auditions for stupid jobs....go audition. if you don't, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. if you don't make it, you already have a back-up plan. just make sure you give your notice properly and don't burn your bridges at DL. you never know where life will take you
    <o>

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

such brilliant people! i agree. you should go for the audition. DL is going to be there and i'm sure they're going to be hurting for CM's later on. so, go for the audition. tell DL thanks for the invitiation to become a CM, but you can't accept the position at this time, but are still interested to be hired at a later time. that way, they already know you, and you're not pissing anyone off by just not showing up, and by maybe sending in a nice, structured letter to tell him that you don't want the job at that time, they're gonna give you brownie points for the classyness. just make sure that when you get the role that you remember to sign the programs of all of your MC fans!!

• An actors life for me

Thanks for your help guys. Oh boy, im still with Disney currently, but they put me in Its a Small World!!! WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO ME?!?!? ARGH! Why not any other place!!! OH man, needless to say, my time with Disney may not be very long at ALL.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Times
    Thanks for your help guys. Oh boy, im still with Disney currently, but they put me in Its a Small World!!! WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO ME?!?!? ARGH! Why not any other place!!! OH man, needless to say, my time with Disney may not be very long at ALL.
    "There's so much that we share and it's time you're aware that it's TIME TO FOl-LOW YOUR DREAM"...
    It's not at D-land after all...
    You might make it big or you might fall...
    But you'll ne'er know un-til you call
    Let DL know in time, and you'll....walk...tall...
    (Best I could do at 1:37 AM - but you get the point. GO FOR IT!!!)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

My son's best friend is an actor/stand-up comedian. I know that he'd not put anything before his dreams of his career taking off. If you have a chance to pursue the career of your dreams....I'd GO FOR IT.

Will DL allow you time off for auditions?? If so, you may be able to do both. ???

I wish you the very best of luck in your career as an actor!!!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Hate to sound cynical, but Disney will not care about your dreams. Go for what you want first. A job a DLR sounds like it would be just that for you: just a job. Find a job that will better accommodate your schedule. DLR will not.