• defenestrate

Are perfect wishes imposible?

ok, so disney has this whole "wishes really do come true" slogan. i was wondering, is it really possible to make a fool proff wish? example:a jenie pops up and tells you you have 3 wishes, and you wish to be the most beautiful person on the plant, and he grants it by causing every person prettier than you to drop dead. sad, huh? it just seems that in every fable that inclues wishes the wish granter is a trickster (usualy because they will be freed when they have granted all the wishes) and the wisher basicly gets screwed over. (ex and disney tie in: aladin) thoughts?

• Banned User

Re: Are perfect wishes imposible?

Never wish for what is not atainable. I do not wish to be the most beautiful, hell they are the most lonely. ( men are to afraid to ask them out and other girls hate them for being so pretty. I think all you can really ask for is good health, good kids, a good job and good sex (oopps I am still on are you a lover or a fighter LOL!!) any ways if you have all those then you should be happy and not have to have more then is needed. I have a good job, I have great kids,I have my health, and I have good.... well I have none of that but heck I am divorced so none for me for good but the other stufff, yeah I am happy

Makes sense to me. You wish for a million dollars and:

-The orphanage across down goes bankrupt
    -The IRS audits you that year {surprise surprise}
    -The next day a million doll hairs show up at your door.

In order to make a wish fool proof, I think you'd need a notary, a lawyer, and a several hundred page contract...

Quote Originally Posted by purplefroggie
    ok, so disney has this whole "wishes really do come true" slogan. i was wondering, is it really possible to make a fool proff wish? example:a jenie pops up and tells you you have 3 wishes, and you wish to be the most beautiful person on the plant, and he grants it by causing every person prettier than you to drop dead. sad, huh? it just seems that in every fable that inclues wishes the wish granter is a trickster (usualy because they will be freed when they have granted all the wishes) and the wisher basicly gets screwed over. (ex and disney tie in: aladin) thoughts?

• defenestrate

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Never wish for what is not atainable. I do not wish to be the most beautiful, hell they are the most lonely. ( men are to afraid to ask them out and other girls hate them for being so pretty. I think all you can really ask for is good health, good kids, a good job and good sex (oopps I am still on are you a lover or a fighter LOL!!) any ways if you have all those then you should be happy and not have to have more then is needed. I have a good job, I have great kids,I have my health, and I have good.... well I have none of that but heck I am divorced so none for me for good but the other stufff, yeah I am happy
    i didn't mean to imply that people should wish for something as air headed as being the most beautiful perosn, i was simply trying to think of a trite exmple of a wish, and show that it could easily go wrong. certianly good family, and heath are the most important, my question was more allong the lines of weather a (any wish) wish an be deviated from it's original intent by finding a loophole in the wording.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

nothings perfect

• Give Peace a Chance

I have a wonderful husband
    A roof over my head &
    Food on the table.
    Don't know about wishes, but God has given me everything I need and more than enough of what I want.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!