Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Zero Blockout Dates

Re: Mary Blair artwork

My favorite Mary Blair art work "The Spirit of Creative Energies Among Children" south mural is currently covered with ugly panels that have pictures of StarSpeeder 3000s printed on them. And if I understand correctly the north mural (on the former Circle-Vision) is gone entirely.

If Disney removes The Grand Canyon Concourse from the Contemporary Hotel won't that be the last of her large works for Disney (except IASW Building in DL) gone?

Criminal I tell you, simply criminal the way the new Disney company treats the treasures of the the original.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Mary Blair Lover

Re: Mary Blair artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    My favorite Mary Blair art work "The Spirit of Creative Energies Among Children" south mural is currently covered with ugly panels that have pictures of StarSpeeder 3000s printed on them. And if I understand correctly the north mural (on the former Circle-Vision) is gone entirely.

If Disney removes The Grand Canyon Concourse from the Contemporary Hotel won't that be the last of her large works for Disney (except IASW Building in DL) gone?

Criminal I tell you, simply criminal the way the new Disney company treats the treasures of the the original.
    That mural was beautiful. Actually, I think you have it backwards (anyone correct me if I'm wrong), that mural (the South one) was the one that was completely destroyed when they built Star Tours. The North mural is the one that is mostly intact underneath the panels that have the current mural.

As far as The Grand Canyon Mural goes, after I read that post, I researched pretty hard, and came up with absolutely nothing that said that they intend to remove that mural. They did just recently remodel all the tower rooms and they are also planning on remodeling the common areas as well, but I couldn't find anything saying that would include the removal of that mural. As a matter fact, the rooms (IMHO) now have earth tone colors that seem to complement or "go" with the mural, as opposed to the garish colors of the old rooms. The new rooms look sharp. The Grand Canyon murals are just spectacular, they make that hotel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12