Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Super Bowl XL Post Game Report.

Well, what a disappointing night. Iím not a fan of either team (though I was cheering for Seattle out of Washingtonian civic duty) so the outcome didnít matter a great deal to me, but as the game progressed I grew steadily more disgusted with the whole affair. If I were a Steelers fan Iíd feel conflicted and were I a Seahawks fan Iíd be outraged, as tonight was an example of some of the most heinous officiating that Iíve ever seen in an NFL game. Steeler fans should be as disappointed as Seattleís fans because their team really could have won without the officials help, and the ridiculous calls will only succeed in marring the memory of this game. Whatís worse is the fact that these two teams could have put forth a match-up for the ages and a Super Bowl to remember, but that was all thrown out the window by cross-eyed morons wearing pin-stripes. From awarding free touchdowns to Pittsburgh, revoking them from Seattle for phantom penalties, blindly ignoring Steeler fouls and false starts, to calling a blocking penalty on Hasselbeck for a tackle, it was ludicrous! At least one of the jack@$$es from Team Zebra woke up and rescinded the blocking penalty.

I thought both teams made a good, sporting showing tonight, and should be proud of themselves for it. Pittsburghís gadget play with the reverse and pass into the endzone was beautiful. Seattle couldnít get their running game going, but their passing game was very effective and Hasselbeck proved himself an effective leader. Both defenses were solid and a joy for a football fan to watch. Iíd love to see these two teams in a ďNo Dumb@$$ RefsĒ Rematch. That would be some gridiron greatness.

The saving grace tonight was definitely the commercials. Our household decided that the winning formula for Super Bowl commercials is to have an open beer, a hot chick, a monkey, or any combination of the three. (A spot featuring a hot chick drinking a beer with a monkey, for example, would be the greatest ad of all time. Bonus points if she, or the monkey, has a wardrobe malfunction.) Flashy effects, serious testimonials and such fall flat. I loved the Bud commercials. The Kermit hybrid ad was enjoyable, but felt a little forced. Sprintís phone commercials, the ďTheft DeterrentĒ spot especially, were great crowd pleasers. The Mobile/ESPN ads fell flat; they should have had some monkeys. Ad of the night, in my opinion, goes to the Streaking Lamb spot for Budweiser. Instant classic. If it had a streaking monkey, weíre talking Emmy.

Oh, and the half time show.
    Thought A.) A Super Bowl in Detroit and no MoTown show? Big screw up there. At least Aretha sang the anthem, but not having MoTown greats perform at the half is as dumb as the flags being thrown all night.
    Thought B.) Is it just me, or do the Rolling Stones look like beef jerky stretched over coat hangers and sound like bad American Idol contestants? Seriously, one of the lamest halftimes ever. Even Britney and Justin were better.

Hereís hoping that next February brings us a real Bowl to enjoy. Now begins the road to Super Bowl XLI! With monkeys!

• Man O Lantern

Re: Super Bowl XL Post Game Report.

My husband is a lifelong Seahawks fan, so today was heartbreaking for him.

On the upside, I won a fuzzy monkey and a Tony Stewart Valentine, and my husband won a 40 oz bottle of Icehouse and a Super Bowl jersey-shaped bottle cozy....so I was happy. My brother in law always hosts a big party and gives prizes for stupid things....I won the monkey when Seattle scored and the Nascar valentine when Rothlksldkjberger got his "touchdown" although everyone thought I should give it up as the "touchdown" sucked.

The ads sucked, too. And the halftime show was BORING and icky. So many skinny icky old men on one stage. Terrifying. I've been watching the Superbowl with the same group for 6 years...and we were all disgusted and bored today.

But the company was good.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    My husband is a lifelong Seahawks fan, so today was heartbreaking for him.
    I offer my deepest condolences. If I were him Iíd be burning effigies of NFL referees right now.

On the upside, I won a fuzzy monkey...
    See, Iím telling you. Monkeys and the Super Bowl. Theyíre perfect together, like peanut butter and jelly, beer and pizza, sex and whip cream!

I've been watching the Superbowl with the same group for 6 years...and we were all disgusted and bored today.

But the company was good.
    Iím sure that this was a very common theme throughout America today. But hey, good food and good company, at least we all got two out of three!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Officiating was absolutly horendous. Game was maybe the most boring game since the Baltimore-Giants SB.

Sorry Stink- STONES ROCK! just a matter of taste I suppose. Even had to censor 2 whole words! (You know, when you censor something, people usually think it is worse than it really is....)

AND Where did All these Steeler Fans Come from??? The Bars here are FULL of Steeler fans in their brand new Steeler stuff!?!?!?!?!?! The News was showing some places that have not seen this type of crowd since the 49er glory days! I have seen such a Bandwagon! Even one of my Raider Fan Freinds, who now claims he "Has always been a Steeler Fan"....Wow.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Original Mice-Chatter

Can someone tell me about the streaking lamb, when was it?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman

Thought A.) A Super Bowl in Detroit and no MoTown show? Big screw up there. At least Aretha sang the anthem, but not having MoTown greats perform at the half is as dumb as the flags being thrown all night.
    Thought B.) Is it just me, or do the Rolling Stones look like beef jerky stretched over coat hangers and sound like bad American Idol contestants? Seriously, one of the lamest halftimes ever. Even Britney and Justin were better.
    Could not agree with you more on that...I've been saying the same thing in posts for about two weeks and unfortunately it came to pass tonight...
    As for the game, the officiating was horrendous but unfortunately that's hardly anything new for the NFL...the Steelers deserved to win. As for the Seahawk fans...condolences to Mr. Lightyear...but they might want to check out some of those dropped passes, and Mike Holmgren's rather "interesting" game management at times...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Not thrilling- but at least this time I picked the winner.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Can someone tell me about the streaking lamb, when was it?
    The Budweiser clydesdales started a game as in their other ads, with miscellaneous wild animals in attendance as spectators. Just before the horses snap the ball, and naked sheep comes streaking through the game, wiggling has butt at the camera and showing off. It was done pretty well and elicited quite a good laugh.

Iím sure itíll pop up online somewhere soon. Iíll post a link if I find one.

• For old time sake

I was less than impressed with the commercials. Can someone explain the Ameriquest one with the guy and the chick in the airplane? It confused me
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    The Budweiser clydesdales started a game as in their other ads, with miscellaneous wild animals in attendance as spectators. Just before the horses snap the ball, and naked sheep comes streaking through the game, wiggling has butt at the camera and showing off. It was done pretty well and elicited quite a good laugh.

Iím sure itíll pop up online somewhere soon. Iíll post a link if I find one.
    All commercials can be seen at the nfl.com website...in chronological order, I think....
    And if you have NFL network on cable or satellite, they'll be re-running the entire package tomorrow at 9AM Pacific...just thought you'd like to know...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    As for the game, the officiating was horrendous but unfortunately that's hardly anything new for the NFL...the Steelers deserved to win.
    Thatís what was so crappy about this game. In years past there has usually been one team which was clearly the dominant club, but both of these teams were very capable and able to win on their own. I would have loved to see Pittsburgh win through hard effort and skill, but as it turned out, their big win was heavily dependent upon the actions of a few lunatics with whistles. Itís as unfortunate for the Steelers as it is for the Hawks. Sadly, of course, the league will never address it or do anything about it, and thatís just life.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Um...without flaming..all of you are completely out of your minds. That was one of the best Superbowls ever and the refs had at least 90 percent of it right. Roethlisberger was across the plane by at least a half an inch. And yes that WAS a pushoff in the endzone. The gadget play was one of the best ever! Down to the last 90 seconds, the Seahawks had a chance to kick a field goal, get an onside kick and stage a comeback. Mike Holmgren blew chunks as a coach and made too many bad decisions. First quarter was pretty dull and then it picked up. The second half was AWESOME unless you were a Seahawks fan. I would like to say, however, that the refs missed a TON of holding calls against the Seahawks in the second half.

Oh...and the hospital thing with the Fly won hands down for commercials.

Great game!

I will now duck as you hurl things and please remember to edit your expletives.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    I will now duck as you hurl things
    No need, we'll just call you "Ref" from now on, as you're obviously a Steelers fan!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

O.K....you caught me. But that was an AWESOME game! I've been waiting for Bill Cowher to win one for a while now. The Steelers have been knocking on that door for years, so today....that was pretty cool. Weird how two guys can watch the same game and have opposite reactions.

Oh...and the national anthem? Was THAT a mistake or what? I think 99 percent of all Americans would prefer that you just sing the dang song! We want to see football players silently mouthing the words...(even though they're thinking about how they want to KILL someone in a few seconds.) Aaron Neville? HELLO! Is there a MORE annoying voice in North America? And great idea having a gospel choir out there to sing on the last four chords.

WHO is in CHARGE of this stuff??

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I'm highly impartial, I'm a Vikings fan. I'd say the better team won, at least the better coached team, what was Seattle doing at the end of the first half and at the end of the game? A lot of dropped passes by the Seahawks as well. The rothlesberger touchdown was in my opinion the right call, all it had to do was be above the white line, which the ball did briefly. The pass interference call was more questionable, but he made the motion to look like he pushed off, the fact that he barely made contact is irrelevent as the ref only has a split second to judge the call and not even sure what angle he was looking at, plus it's not a reviewable call. This game was no worse reffed than any other football game recently, does no one remember the Rose Bowl?

The commercials were ok, nothing ground breaking, the streaking sheep commercial wasn't even totally original since we've seen the clydesdales play football in previous years.

National anthem, was bad, it's one of those things that the less you add to it the better, just do it straight-forward and it will be much better.

I like the Stones, but was not impressed at half, all the songs they have in their library and they play Start Me Up, a song no non-Stones fan has heard, and then Satisfaction? at least Paul McCartney didn't play any new songs last year.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast