Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Guardian Construct

would you stop to help him or keep going?

You know when you have one of those days with a million things to do and not enough time? That was today for me so much to do so little time to get it done. I was driving into town to finish my list during the 5pm rush of drivers just off work. I live in a small town so we have traffic only twice a day morning to work and evening home again. About half way to my destination I noticed cars way out in front of me going around something. The truck in front of me did not go around it went straight over it so i almost did not turn in time. In the road was a huge dog just laying there looking very dead!

When i was passed him i saw him lift his head in the rearview mirror. i thought oh no! hes gonna get killed any second now! so i go down the street untill i find a place to turn around. drive all the way back to where he is. at this time there was lots of cars still going passed and some honking at him as they go by him. still no one has stopped. soo i pull up and block the lane to see if he is somewhat friendly. slowly he get up and limps an all four legs right to me and sits down. i opend up the door and he let me pet him and he was licking my hand and wagging his tail. i thought if i could get him in the car i would take him to animal control for help. he made it about ten steps towards the back of my car but then he fell on his side and was shaking. i have cars honking at me and yelling nasty things about being in their way.someone even yelled just drag him to the side of the road and move my fat (place bad word here) asap.this is a huge dog so i was not sure i could lift him but i got lucky. so i got him in the car and off to animal control we go. turns out they are closed on sunday and so is the vets office and everyone i could think of to look for help.

At this pont i thought it best to take him home for some water and a little snack. he is so sweet and good about all this. once inside i looked him over and see no damage or blood on him. he just is having so much trouble walking still. finally i got smart and looked at the bottom of his paws......OMG his pads are all shreaded and have deep abrasions(sp?) on all four feet! no wonder walking hurts so much! the bad thing is all the ground out here is sand! can you just think about what sand in your cut up feet would feel like when you walked?

Well he is staying the night here and resting upon a big soft doggie bed with my dog. he is wonderful with the kids and nice to my cat! tomarrow we are going to the vet first thing and getting those feet looked at! the animal control wont be open untill tuesday so i guess he will stay with me untill then. they also dont offer vet help to stray animals. if he need more care i will ask to post his info for his owners to find him. but keep him here to get more vet care as needed.

okay long story i am sorry but i had to get that off my chest! i was so frustrated at getting yelled at for trying to help! so my question is if you had been going down the street would you have helped him? i got photos of him but i cant post anything. i dont know how to do anything but email them. i just dont get how people just drove around him and kept going....well i guess i should be glag they went around and did not hit him to be mean. am i the only one crazy enough to stop anymore?

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Re: would you stop to help him or keep going?

You definately did the right thing. People amaze me sometimes with their inablity to think outside of themselves. I am a huge softee so I'm always doing things like that. Your actions show your good heart and caring.

• there's always my way...

You know sometimes I think there is'nt an ounce of humanity left in this world and people are just sick, self centered morons who just have there heads up their wazooo and could give a crap about anything eles. That is until I hear a Great story like this, you should not have had to hear that yealling rather had some one pull over to help you.

I have been in situations like this and have gone out to help. I believe that what goes around comes around and what you did to help that poor pooch will bless you in the end.

Keep up the good work!
    email me the pics of the dog and Ill help you post them if ya like.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Thank goodness for people like you. If any of my dogs got out and hurt I would hope someone like you would help them.

• Guardian Construct

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah
    You know sometimes I think there is'nt an ounce of humanity left in this world and people are just sick, self centered morons who just have there heads up their wazooo and could give a crap about anything eles. That is until I hear a Great story like this, you should not have had to hear that yealling rather had some one pull over to help you.

I have been in situations like this and have gone out to help. I believe that what goes around comes around and what you did to help that poor pooch will bless you in the end.

Keep up the good work!
    let me get him to the vet tomarrow and i can send you the photos and a update on what he said about his feet at the same time.... that is if anyone wants to see the photos?

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Yes, please on the pooch pics

• Guardian Construct

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    Thank goodness for people like you. If any of my dogs got out and hurt I would hope someone like you would help them.
    I also have a dog and i hope that should she ever need help that she would get it! thats why i could not keep going and just leave him there. He is so good that someone has to be missing this dog! I am hopeful the vet will find a mico chip so we can get his mom or dad to get him.

He is watching the puppy bowl on T.V. and tipping his head like the RCA dog when they make noise.

• insufferable know-it-all

You're good to stop for the dog!

Only... don't take him to Animal Control. Most "shelters" are "kill" shelters. Call your local Humane Society, or ask your vet for a rescue group to turn him over to (unless, assuming no one claims him, you decide to keep the poor guy).

Call the local shelters and let them know you found him, in case someone calls looking for him, but don't take him there!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Senior Minion

You did the right thing, I'm glad no one hit you as you were stopped. I would have definitely done something of some sort like you did. I'm glad to hear the dog is ok, I hope it recovers from this quickly. Levithan that is a noble thing for sure. I hope we can see the dog!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Guardian Construct

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    You're good to stop for the dog!

Only... don't take him to Animal Control. Most "shelters" are "kill" shelters. Call your local Humane Society, or ask your vet for a rescue group to turn him over to (unless, assuming no one claims him, you decide to keep the poor guy).

Call the local shelters and let them know you found him, in case someone calls looking for him, but don't take him there!
    good idea! i will look into where to take him once he is better. i will just post found posters at our animal control for now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

We're very proud of you, Leviathan! You did the right thing!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah

Keep up the good work!
    I agree totally!! well put doooo dah

• Hello there

Blog Entries

All the time I was reading your original post I could not help feel so sorry for that dog. It's a great thing you did Leviathan. I totally would have stopped and I am so happy to see that there are people out there who are still kind and considerate and have the decency to helo when its needed.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I would have stopped and ended up taking him home and keeping him... but I'm a big softy and have too many large dogs at my house because of it

You did the right thing and I'm so glad that he doesn't seem to be more hurt. People just lack compassion more and more these days. Sometimes I wonder if anyone would stop if it were a person laying there. Bah on them!

Once my two dogs got out and this lady stopped to get them. She got one in the car and went after the other, who ran away. The one in the car hit her automatic lock and locked her out! So, here she is doing a good deed and gets locked out of her car that is running in the middle of the road She took that one to animal control and they brought her home, but I never did get her name to thank her for all the hassle.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• most magical vaca ever

You are a great person!!! I would have stopped to help too ~ I am a sucker for animals

Several years ago my sister and me stopped to help a pigeon with a broken wing.

I hope you post pics of the lucky pooch

~~~~~~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast