• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Fuzzy Memories with Anders

ok, so this has bothered me for a long time, and I figure if anyone would have an answer, the members of MiceChat would.

Ok, so growing up, we went to various theme parks, mainly DL and WDW, but a few others. I have memories of there being some kind of boat show, boat race thing in something like the lake at Epcot. I would have thought I'd be imagining it, since I've never found anything to verify this, but my mom has the same memory, but neither of us can think of when or where it was, my sister thinks we're both nuts. I also remember a stunt show with cars, (car going down a subway enterence, etc.) I'm sure that was either Universal Studios or MGM, but don't remember that either.

Anyways, if anyone knows of anything similar to what I may be remembering, please post it here.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• That one girl.

Re: Fuzzy Memories with Anders

maybe Sea World? or Marine Land?
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Sea World has certainly presented many an awesome boat and ski show.

EPCOT's Surprise In the Skies show (from the early 90's may be what you're thinking of, Anders. That show was loaded with everything under the sun - bosts, planes, fireworks and everything else under the sun. No wonder you liked it.

Here's a 1991 press release:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/e_sky1.htm

Surprise in the Skies
    Epcot

"Color takes flight and wrap a rainbow around World Showcase in this new daytime show at Epcot Center that boasts the world's largest daytime fireworks display. http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/e_sky1.htm encirle the park's lagoon and soar above the park in the extravaganza.
    Explosive rainbow colors fill the daytime sky at Epcot Center during presentations of "Surprise in the Skies" each Saturday through Wednesday. Vivid fireworks in reds, blues and greens announce a show featuring boats with multi-colored flags which pull six colorful delta-wing kits into the air, where they are joined by paraplanes flying the colors of Epcot Center's World Showcase nations.
    Patriotic music introduces a red, white and blue parapale and similarly colored pyrotechnics. The squadron of paraplanes joins in the display of red, white and blue colors." (WDW 20th Anniversary News Press Releases, 1991)

If you have photos to share from Surprise in the Skies, please email us.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

hmm, maybe it was Surprise in the Skies, I would have thought it would have been more in the 80's since that was during my earliest visits to WDW. We took two trips to WDW during which it could have been. They were definitely before 1992, so who knows, any other possibilites out there? If it's Sea World, it would have to be in San Diego, since we never went to the one in Orlando.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Does anyone else here remember Marineland? Or Busch Gardens?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Does anyone else here remember Marineland? Or Busch Gardens?
    never went to Marineland, but I love both Busch Gardens, Tampa and Williamsburg

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    If it's Sea World, it would have to be in San Diego, since we never went to the one in Orlando.
    San Diego SeaWorld definitely had a boat race/stunt show in the 70's and 80's. They changed it to a jetski show in the 90's, but it was all boats and waterskiiers before that. It was AWEOME! My favorite thing there (well, besides the Starkist Water Show that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Sounds like they had to cater to the pseudo-hip DCA demographic. When boats don't cut it anymore, bring out the Jetskis!!!

This seems to fly in the face of those who claim Sea World was always an animal park and was only ruined recently when they decided to add more rides/attractions. Does anyone have a video of this show?

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    San Diego SeaWorld definitely had a boat race/stunt show in the 70's and 80's. They changed it to a jetski show in the 90's, but it was all boats and waterskiiers before that. It was AWEOME! My favorite thing there (well, besides the Starkist Water Show that is).

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    This seems to fly in the face of those who claim Sea World was always an animal park and was only ruined recently when they decided to add more rides/attractions.
    There are people who say that?????? That's such b.s.!!!! I was born and partly grew up in San Diego, and thus went to SeaWorld a LOT as a kid. You know the kids playgroud there? Its been there since at least the late 70's. The Starkist water show was one of the big draws back then too. I know the boat show was a popular attraction too. SeaWorld has ALWAYS had plenty of non-animal attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Does anyone have a video of this show?
    No video, but I'm pretty sure I have some old photos somewhere. I'll try and see if I can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.