• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Some of my Indiana Jones props.

And my Young Indy stuff.

Jackal Headpiece from the Curse of the Jackal

And Indy's Diary.. from way back when.

• Disneyland Dreamer

And lastly... some Indy misc swag

All four of the Indy Challenge coins... times two so they can be displayed without flipping in their awesome frame... I need to put some black wash into the engraving to make it stand out.

Headpiece cufflinks up top, Marshal college Archaeology club pin to the right, two Club Obi Wan Challenge Coin Proofs down on the bottom in non-offered finishes (rare as hen's teeth), and Headpiece lapel pin to the left.

And my GINORMOUS custom made Indy Lego..Its very awesome, and made by a local here in Phoenix

There's more stuff I haven't dug out, and more stuff on the way.. will update the thread as I find it or as it arrives.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Ha! I would expect nothing less with the costume! No kidding on the shoes! Yikes! They look great though.
    I'm struggling with this year's costume for my requirement of screen accuracy. We'll see if I come up with anything, but at a LOT of $ for a proper Captain Jack Sparrow outfit (over $1k even though I've got the sword already), it is daunting.

Chronicles is what you would have watched on TV. I don't think it was ever released on video. They re-edited those 44 episodes and released The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones as 22 2-hour movies.
    Pretty sure they have the Chronicles on DVD these days.

Amazon.com: YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES Volumes 1, 2 and 3 DVD Sets (Complete Collections All 3 Volumes DVD Sets Together): Movies & TV

I wouldn't call that a bad thing. It's definitely something you enjoy. There are worse things to spend money on.
    I guess if you average it out over the 10 years I've been collecting, its not bad.

More photos please!
    Check them out!!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    And my Young Indy stuff.
    Jackal Headpiece from the Curse of the Jackal

Well now you're going to have me going back and watching all those episodes again. Great collection Matt!

I'm struggling with this year's costume for my requirement of screen accuracy. We'll see if I come up with anything, but at a LOT of $ for a proper Captain Jack Sparrow outfit (over $1k even though I've got the sword already), it is daunting.

Pretty sure they have the Chronicles on DVD these days.

Amazon.com: YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES Volumes 1, 2 and 3 DVD Sets (Complete Collections All 3 Volumes DVD Sets Together): Movies & TV
    Is this for a local con or are you thinking of coming out this year for Mickey's Halloween Party? You do get an annual pass discount...

For that Amazon link, the title might say it's the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, but the small picture that is shown plus my extra research for the 3 Volume sets shows it's really The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Well now you're going to have me going back and watching all those episodes again. Great collection Matt!
    Thanks again. Indy stuff is my true Achilles heal. I just can't pass much up. I recently passed up a Map Room floor dispay and the Gong from TOD... I'll regret not getting in on those runs I'm sure, but $ is UBER tight these days since I'm not only not getting rent, but funding a renovation to that house now over a full year (I'm doing all the work myself ontop of my job and rebuilding 27 Ninety year old casement windows.). The YIJ has precious few props available. The Journal is empty, and available for full customization... I lack the time to fill it unfortunately. I have yet to find the work(or working on home projects)/life balance.

Is this for a local con or are you thinking of coming out this year for Mickey's Halloween Party? You do get an annual pass discount...
    It is just for work. I won one of the best costume awards last year. I don't have the time to do actual con appearances. If I were to do one, I'd have to spend A LOT and do a rocketeer outfit. That's like a $4k commitment.

For that Amazon link, the title might say it's the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, but the small picture that is shown plus my extra research for the 3 Volume sets shows it's really The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.
    Man, don't tell me my youth has been lost to time... I LOVED the YIJ Chronicles.

• Joe Flowers

Thanks again. Indy stuff is my true Achilles heal. I just can't pass much up. I recently passed up a Map Room floor dispay and the Gong from TOD... I'll regret not getting in on those runs I'm sure, but $ is UBER tight these days since I'm not only not getting rent, but funding a renovation to that house now over a full year (I'm doing all the work myself ontop of my job and rebuilding 27 Ninety year old casement windows.). The YIJ has precious few props available. The Journal is empty, and available for full customization... I lack the time to fill it unfortunately. I have yet to find the work(or working on home projects)/life balance.

It is just for work. I won one of the best costume awards last year. I don't have the time to do actual con appearances. If I were to do one, I'd have to spend A LOT and do a rocketeer outfit. That's like a $4k commitment.

Man, don't tell me my youth has been lost to time... I LOVED the YIJ Chronicles.
    I'd still consider going to Mickey's Halloween Party. You'd be very popular if you showed up in a full Jack Sparrow costume.

No, not completely lost to time, but not available through the regular channels either. Some fans had VHS copies of the original series and those can still be found. You're mostly missing the bumpers at the beginning and end where Old Indy is in the museum telling his story to the kids who think all this archeology stuff is boring.

Sounds like you've got a very busy year ahead of you.

• Disneyland Dreamer

I'd still consider going to Mickey's Halloween Party. You'd be very popular if you showed up in a full Jack Sparrow costume.
    We were kicking around an entire family costume ensemble. We'll see what we land on... time is short as the wife makes the kid's costumes...(and hers/mine)

No, not completely lost to time, but not available through the regular channels either. Some fans had VHS copies of the original series and those can still be found. You're mostly missing the bumpers at the beginning and end where Old Indy is in the museum telling his story to the kids who think all this archeology stuff is boring.
    I'll have to add to my wish-list and watch them with the kids. They LOVE indy.

Sounds like you've got a very busy year ahead of you.
    Been a busy past year, and I've got a ton of stuff to get done... One of these days I'll take a weekend off and just veg out.

• Banned User

Very, very cool. I am seriously impressed. I know a lot of people who make props ( either on RPF and others ) and have yet to see anyone with as many Indy props as you. You're pretty much in the lead by far.

Here I am holding a cast from the original mould of the Ark of the Covenant wings. ( Or to be more specific, the original mould was repaired, then a cast poured, then reformed, etc. ) In short, it did come from the original and the mould now being kept by the studio.

Name:  0411001726a.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  120.4 KB

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Very, very cool. I am seriously impressed. I know a lot of people who make props ( either on RPF and others ) and have yet to see anyone with as many Indy props as you. You're pretty much in the lead by far.

Here I am holding a cast from the original mould of the Ark of the Covenant wings. ( Or to be more specific, the original mould was repaired, then a cast poured, then reformed, etc. ) In short, it did come from the original and the mould now being kept by the studio.

Name:  0411001726a.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  120.4 KB
    That's amazingly awesome. Did you collaborate with Sskunky on his cherubs at all?

My non-canon Tannis headpiece is in route, can't wait for that to come in. Still not sure when my even MORE screen accurate cross of coronado is going to arrive from overseas.

• Disneyland Dreamer

And.... in the SWAG category....University of Chicago Archaeology Club pin Indy would have been a part of.

And for Raiders..... The headpiece Belloq reconstructed from the imprint burned into Toth's hand.... only there was not writing on the back... their staff was too long... they're digging in the wrong spot....

• "Always On The Move..."

Very Impressive. I have the complete Indy costume from Raiders. My jacket is actually a converted WWII jacket (like they used) and my pride and joy is a Screen Used Grail Diary. (Absolutely FASCINATING to read. It's an amazing piece of work). I also have a replica whip made by the same maker who made Harrison's. Love your collection. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Lots of cool stuff! I have slowly been collecting stuff along these lines for a tiki bar I am planning for my house. I would LOVE to get a voodoo Indy doll and a chalice of kali!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Very Impressive. I have the complete Indy costume from Raiders. My jacket is actually a converted WWII jacket (like they used) and my pride and joy is a Screen Used Grail Diary. (Absolutely FASCINATING to read. It's an amazing piece of work). I also have a replica whip made by the same maker who made Harrison's. Love your collection. Thanks for sharing.
    Hmm... The Raiders jackets were brand new according to the books, and they were aged immediately before shooting. You sure about the WWII link?

Where did you get your hands on a screen used diary? That's amazingly awesome..

You have a David Morgan? I so want one, but at at a thousand bucks, I'm not presently in the market.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Lots of cool stuff! I have slowly been collecting stuff along these lines for a tiki bar I am planning for my house. I would LOVE to get a voodoo Indy doll and a chalice of kali!
    Check out the RPF for both!!

My chalice of Kali was custom "skinned" and looks like the real deal. The Master Replicas one would probably do for a prop in a tiki bar. They come up routinely.

Check out the RPF for both!!

My chalice of Kali was custom "skinned" and looks like the real deal. The Master Replicas one would probably do for a prop in a tiki bar. They come up routinely.

Will do, but what is rpf?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast