Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Some of my Indiana Jones props.

Up first we have the Chachapoyan temple props. I actually have a framed map of all three pieces of the map seen in the intro, but couldn't find it for the shoot due to it probably being stacked behind a hundred other pieces of art...

Clockwise from the top... We have the God of Sun wall relief... followed by the Mayan Statuette which sits on Indy's Desk at Marshal College... the Whip, sandbag, a Chachapoyan Dart which lodged in the torch, The Idol on a pedestal (solid, weighted, gold plated, glass eyes), the Raiders Fedora, and another wall relief from the temple...

Up next we have three distinct Idols. Right to left.. hollow, as in the original plan for the movie to have the eyes move, removable back... Next up.. cast bronze... seriously tarnished due to handling.. (I need to polish it) I use that one for my cosplay. Lastly.. the one from the previous pic. Left to right they are light.. heavy and HEAVY.

Some pics of the screen-intended-use one

Next up, we move along to the Raven Bar scene... We have the Raven Bar Headpiece (with chain) and Marion's lighter.

Next its on to Cairo...

We have two cold-cast bronze cherubs from the lid of the ark (I wanted these over the gold plated because I don't have an ark to put them on... yet..). We have Abern Ravenwood's journal Indy used to decipher the headpiece placement and the brush he used. We have the label of the whisky bottle he emptied after he thought Marion was dead and the duralex glasses he was drinking out of . We also hav the Iman headpiece (There were actually 2-3 different headpieces used in the film, and I have them all).

A few odds and ends I couldn't picture before..The gunbelt and the Cairo-used gun. Custom cut down barrel model.. Its resin, but I'll replace with a real one of these days...Also the page out of the Bible from the Marshal college scene where he describes the ark to the government agents. (pretty sure I've got the German communications somewhere too they reference).

And lastly the staff Rene Belloq uses during the ceremony to open the Ark...

I'm probably forgetting something, but it will have to do for now... up next... Temple of Doom..

• Joe Flowers

Re: Some of my Indiana Jones props.

Wow! We're going movie by movie? You've got that much stuff? That's a pretty amazing collection already. Has most everything come from therpf.com?

I can't wait to see what you have from The Last Crusade (my favorite movie).
    Which movie is your favorite?

Looking forward to seeing the rest!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Wow! We're going movie by movie? You've got that much stuff? That's a pretty amazing collection already. Has most everything come from therpf.com?
    A few pieces are from COW (Club Obi Wan) over at Indygear. Most of the prop guys frequent both forums for indy stuff, but there have been a few COW-only runs. One of which I missed out on was from KOTCS (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull), and was Orelana's Death Mask... that's on my must get list...

I can't wait to see what you have from The Last Crusade (my favorite movie).
    Which movie is your favorite?

Looking forward to seeing the rest!
    Raiders is probably my favorite followed by Last Crusade. I think I have more last Crusade props than anything, which is in part due to the fact that there were three Macguffins in Crusade and SOOOO much awesome art. You'll love that report. I've got quite a bit of TOD too, so prepare yourself...

• Disneyland Dreamer

OK... for TOD, we'll start off at Club Obi Wan...

Here we have Nurhachi's Urn.. for which Lao Che tried to originally trade Indy some gold coin for... Indy knowing its value insisted on the Diamond... which he got... along with some poison... He then tried to exchange the diamond for the antidote... and all heck broke loose (yes, my antidote has seen better days due to too much handling.. I'll fix it later...)

Then we move on to Pankot Palace... where every upstanding worldly traveler would eat giant roasted beatles and chilled monkey brains... yes.. monkey brains served in a exquiset cup...we also have the torn scrap of the tapestry describing how Shiva gave the Sivalinga to the priests...

And what does one do when caught by the thugee... drink the blood of Kali of course... out of a human skull. (You may recall Lindsey our former tenant/family friend/Disneyland companion... she stayed with us earlier this year and was promptly scared white when she saw the chalice of Kali in the early morn out of the corner of her eye..)

Poor Indy couldn't fight the thugee with the Prince of Pankot's ceremonial pin jabbed in his likeness...

What happens when you get the sivalinga close to eachother? The diamonds inside them glow (I didn't turn the glow on for these pics, but they do glow). Two diamond glowing ones and one separated from the others... saved from the river by Indy...

• Disneyland Dreamer

For Last Crusade, let's start out with Indy's youth... we have not ONE, but TWO Cross of Coronado (one decent for Cosplay, one the most accurate ever... well... I'm waiting on my NEW most accurate ever, but the one pictured is better than anybody outside of lucasfilms would ever know)

And the current best on the market.. for a few weeks..

Fast forward... somebody said there would be signs left behind which lead the way to the grail.. a tablet perhaps..

Who said you might ask... why the tale of the knight's story was chronicaled by a Franciscan friar..

This manuscript is actually a hybrid. It has the transcription Henry Jones Sr. was doing in 1912 in Utah, it has the franciscan friar's story, and it has the "bible" page the last knight of the crusade was reading in the grail room...
    Its bound and latched screen accurately in the fashion of the time...

And... how about a shield... yes.. entombed with the knight's dead brother... its the second marker...

And there's the rubbing made of the tablet... and of course the grail dairy (hundreds of screen accurate pages hand drawn with all the souvenirs of 5 decades of travel). Elsa's lighter, and a pin of the Brotherhood of the cruciform sword. The diary came from venice Italy, but I left the packaging in the display case.

A few of the pictures from Henry Jones Sr's house... and a map to the valley of the Crescent moon...

And that leaves me with the grails (and the knight protecting the grail's sword)

Choose... but choose wisely... for the true grail will bring you everlasting life.. the false grail will take it from you.

• Disneyland Dreamer

I'll try to shot KOTCS tomorrow. Fewer props, just getting everything together is a pain.

• Disneyland Dreamer

And for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...

Clockwise... the Crystal skull and the Russian sack it spent most of the movie in..One Russian locator beacon... a dagger from Orellana's tomb...Marion's letter to Mutt along with envelope, picture, and cryptic drawing of a language which hasn't been spoken in a few hundred years... lastly.. Colonel Spalko's CIA dossier...

I think there are only four of these ever produced... several have attempted replication... none have brought forth another example...

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post

Truly an impressive collection Matt. I had to go back to my post about the Indiana Jones exhibit part 1 and part 2 just to look for things you didn't have. There really wasn't much you didn't, but one thing stood out. Where's your leather Indy jacket?

Young Indiana Jones too? You really are a fanatic! I loved The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. What are your thoughts on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles vs The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones?

Is the tablet above made of resin and treated to look like stone? It looks great.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Truly an impressive collection Matt. I had to go back to my post about the Indiana Jones exhibit part 1 and part 2 just to look for things you didn't have. There really wasn't much you didn't, but one thing stood out. Where's your leather Indy jacket?
    Many thanks!! I have a Raider's jacket.... but being a bigger fellow, the sleeves and chest could use a little more room.. It could use some heavy weathering. You can see me sporting it here. Everything is screen accurate (the pants were too large, but it was hard finding an accurate size) in the costume..Boots were a fortune (Alden 405s).

There are precious few things I don't have (outside an ark) and costumes from all the movies...

Young Indiana Jones too? You really are a fanatic! I loved The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. What are your thoughts on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles vs The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones?
    I grew up on the Chronicals... I can't say I've actually ever seen the Adventures of YIJ. I'll have to look it up.

Is the tablet above made of resin and treated to look like stone? It looks great.
    Its a resin cast backfilled with foam. Its pretty light. If you peruse RPF, you'll see a lot of people have HEAVILY weathered things...I really like the really weathered (nearly destroyed) manuscript somebody did.

The bad part... I'm well into 5-figures on Indy stuff alone.

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Many thanks!! I have a Raider's jacket.... but being a bigger fellow, the sleeves and chest could use a little more room.. It could use some heavy weathering. You can see me sporting it here. Everything is screen accurate (the pants were too large, but it was hard finding an accurate size) in the costume..Boots were a fortune (Alden 405s).

There are precious few things I don't have (outside an ark) and costumes from all the movies...

I grew up on the Chronicals... I can't say I've actually ever seen the Adventures of YIJ. I'll have to look it up.

Its a resin cast backfilled with foam. Its pretty light. If you peruse RPF, you'll see a lot of people have HEAVILY weathered things...I really like the really weathered (nearly destroyed) manuscript somebody did.

The bad part... I'm well into 5-figures on Indy stuff alone.
    Ha! I would expect nothing less with the costume! No kidding on the shoes! Yikes! They look great though.

Chronicles is what you would have watched on TV. I don't think it was ever released on video. They re-edited those 44 episodes and released The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones as 22 2-hour movies.

I wouldn't call that a bad thing. It's definitely something you enjoy. There are worse things to spend money on.

More photos please!

I have always wanted a replica of the grail diary. It is probably one of my favorite movie props of all time.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    I have always wanted a replica of the grail diary. It is probably one of my favorite movie props of all time.
    There are several for sale right now on the RPF.

Here's the one I have

http://www.therpf.com/f13/indiana-jo...rednab-211269/

• Disneyland Dreamer

I came across this digging out stuff... Original LIFE magazine from Indy's Ride on the Clipper being read by the German agent..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast