Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• love my friends

Wink I am a HERO (I think)

I was working with a different partner, and we were in the basement of the world of disney in downtown disney. A women came up to us and asked us to help her, we had thought something was spilled or something, we get over to her and she says my co worker is lying on the floor have a seizure... I said where is the phone, she said I dont know, I thought WHAT????? (of course i forgot where it was as well) and my cellphone doenst work down there, so I ran out to get my lead (as he has a radio) he came running back with me (he was just a 10 second run from where we were. Byt this time my co worker was on the phone calling 911.. all of these co workers of this guy would come in and say, oh thats CM #1
    and walk away.. I THOUGHT WHAT!!!!!!! he was having these sizures, banging his head on the floor, and blood was dripping out of his mouth, so I ran and got my partner and me some gloves and thought he needs something for his head. I got 2 mop heads and he put it under his head.

He kept movoing on his back and I kept putting him on his side..

Then the nurse from disneyland came in, and we told her the situation and let her do her thing, i helped her get things from her bag, etc.. by this time 6 securtiy guards are standing there... hmmmmmmmmmmm

anyways I ran and told 1 secutiry guard to tell the ambulance where we are, when I got back this guy was on his feet, and the nurse was trying to sit him down in a chair, this is when he became VIOLENT for some reason (I found out later diabetes can do this) he was diabetic.. we did notice he had a HUGE gash in his forhead and bump so we figured he wasnt feeling well, and went into the break room to get something to eat where he fell and banged his head

so anyways he is becoming violent, the nurse said SECURITY I NEED HELP.. THEY ALL STOOD THERE, so charlie and I arn to help her as well as our lead Jacob..THis guy held onto my wrist, I thought he was scared aand wanted comfort, then he started to tighten his grip and pulling my wrist.. I was in sooooo much pain.......... I was going to bite him so he could let go, at this pointt the nurse said.. I NEED SOME HELP YOU LAZY F&#*&@( secutiry, 1 secutiry officer came to help...... and charlier pryed his fingers from my wrist, I was hurting bad...........

THen the paramedicas came and got him onto the stretcher.. I was sitting down when our mangers steve and Jose came, and I just started to shake and shake..... (I think the adrenilin i had was leaving or I was in shock).......... i had to go to the hospital at disneyland to make sure I was ok... it was just a very bruised hand and thumb.. but today my entire body is hurting Like i have been exercising.. I think I tightened up during this and hurt my muslces..

I was soo proud of myself, I didnt freeze up at all....... I always thought I would in an emergencies.. I tlod my manger steve, i slacked off and had a cigarette break for about 10 minutes before this happened, I said if I didnt we would NOT have been there at this time to help this guy.. he said good thing we did take a mini break..

I as mad at his co workers, they just stood there and the security esepcially.. WHAT ARE THEY TRAINED FOR

The nurse said we did an excellent job.......and probably saved his life (I hope he was still alive later on).......she said he was a diabetic but was soooo far gone and soemtimes this happens when they are, they become violoent (I have thought he was epilpict at first).. I kept saying to charlie if he stops breathing you are giving him mouth to mouth as he had blood and gooooooooooo from his mouth......ha ha ha

so anwyays at our roll call last night.... they gave us regonition (our managers did) which is a rare thing for them........ our lead told them we did an excellent job and wanted us to get a plaque..

I told my NORMAL co worker CM #2 what had happened.. he said I would enver have helped him, he said you cant do anything, look you got hurt.. I said well its good I was with charlie then Issac. because I would have been working alone... hmmmm he is a diabetic, I said what if this happened to you, he said just let me die.. hmmmmmm\

anwyays even though I was hurt I would do it again in an istance, it felt good to help someone

anyways would you help a stranger if he or she was in trouble??

like I said I would do it again in an instance
    Last edited by kelly; 02-08-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Friends for life

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: I am a HERO (I think)

Wow, good job. Should be proud of yourself.

• Banned User

I am super proud of you Kelly!! I am sickened by the fact those security guys did not help, what good are they?? Cudo's to you my friend, I now know why I like you!! a hero, yes you are Kelly!! My son is diebetic, and yes they do get violent, they do not mean to but there is no oxygen to there brain. Sugar is needed fast!! Thank god you were there, I am giving you a big kiss wehen I see you!!!

• Why do you keep talking?

You never really know what your capable of until something like this happens. And from what it sounds like, you did a great job!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    ....... snip... I as mad at his co workers, they just stood there and the security esepcially.. WHAT ARE THEY TRAINED FOR.....snip
    Security is trained to look in my bag and tell me "no glass containers in the park."

Way to go Kelly, you totally rock!!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid
    Security is trained to look in my bag and tell me "no glass containers in the park."

Way to go Kelly, you totally rock!!!
    When I went to CFA (hospital at disney) the nurse told me security is trained to look pretty and hand out info............

i was so upset they NEVER EVEN helped except for 1 guy.. he was awesome, i wish I knew his name though, i would GIVE him a big hug and compliment..

it isnt ALL security though so i dont want tom offend all of them, but the 5 of these guys.. WOW.. total MORONS

Friends for life

• Why do you keep talking?

Maybe they are specifically trained not to help? Lawsuits are very fun things this day and age, especially when you add in the fact that it's Disney, if anything went wrong, the non-medically trained people would get the blame (and Disney for "letting it happen")

Not saying it's right, or that you ddi anything wrong. I'm just saying that's how the US works these days.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• love my friends

I know Karla had said her son(grandson) is a diabteic and has a violent side

is this normal for diabetics.. like I said it was sooooo scarey i feared for my life, because this guy was about to kill me I felt, or break my wrist.. but I do know he didnt know what he is doing

Friends for life

• Banned User

they do not become violent because they are mad . some one here can explain it better then me. But I really think weather its training or what, humans need to help other humans so they do not die. I would never stand there and watch some one convulse . whats this world coming to!! job or no job, we need to help those in need!!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    they do not become violent because they are mad . some one here can explain it better then me. But I really think weather its training or what, humans need to help other humans so they do not die. I would never stand there and watch some one convulse . whats this world coming to!! job or no job, we need to help those in need!!
    I totall agree karla

this is why I helped.. I just hope he is ok now.....I am glad I helped a fellow man

it made me feel proud of myslef to help someone else..........becuase if I didnt he could have died.......

I would help anyone in need

Friends for life

• My cuties!

Wow!! You are amazing!! Sorry you got hurt and the security was useless!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    I know Karla had said her son(grandson) is a diabteic and has a violent side

is this normal for diabetics.. like I said it was sooooo scarey i feared for my life, because this guy was about to kill me I felt, or break my wrist.. but I do know he didnt know what he is doing
    my son. He is 27 now and he got real violent when he went severly low. we had to sit on him many times to give him glucose. I hope the nurse had some there. A diebetic needs glucose fast and its very serious. One time an ambulance came to our house as my son went low in his sleep. It took both guys and the cops ( they had to call back up ) to put in an iv as my son was that strong. He fought and was like way out of it. i was so upset and scared. It took 5 guys to hold a 14 year old boy down to get the glucose iv in. There was blood every where and well I will never foreget it. This happend many times. my son refused to listen and to care for his diebetes. even in his 20s he did his own thing and no matter how hard I tried to make sure he had what he needed or had all the glucose tablets with him etc. he refused to carry it or worry about his diebetes. He is not in good health today because of this.

• Banned User

Severe hypoglycemia can cause you to lose consciousness. In these extreme cases when you lose consciousness and cannot eat, glucagon can be injected to quickly raise your blood glucose level. Ask your health care provider if having a glucagon kit at home and at work is appropriate for you. This is particularly important if you have type 1 diabetes. Your family, friends, and co-workers will need to be taught how to give you a glucagon injection in an emergency
    I taught everyone close to me and my son how to give him glucose if he went low. His wife refused to learn, she got a taste of it when he went so low as to not regester on the blood machine, he almost died.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

he was lucky you were there kelly. great job! if we ever have a chance to meet, you get a FOCM button from me
    <o>

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Kelly - Way to keep your head.

Don't they give first aid training to ALL security people at the parks? :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast