Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• My cuties!

Re: Sick Kitty: Prayers and Thoughts Needed

I'm so sorry! I hope you get some answers soon!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Ah man, that really is terrible. I had my first pet, a kitten named Lola run away after 6 months and it was really painful, the kind of feeling where I would do anything just to hold her soft furry body again. I pray that you don't have to go through the same thing DP, I truly do.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I just saw this thread!

I hope your puss puss is getting better now. Its such a sad thing when your pet is ill. With any luck your kitty cat will heal up just perfectly!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Oakely, Henry, Scotty, Snowy, Rocky, Randy, Smokey and Patches are saying "kitty" prayers for Magick every night!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Our thoughts are with you. Maine Coons are cool cats. Big cats. I've always wanted one even though I'm allergic.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

If Magik is going to have to be at the vet's much longer, you should see if the vet will let you take something of yours to go into his cage. When my Cooper had to stay at the hospital, my vet let me take an old tee shirt that I wore so he had some thing that smelled like home and family.

Molly, Bear and I are sending healing thoughts and best wishes.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you have a very sick little kitty!! Don't have cats right now myself (did growing up), but I do have "grand kitties" so I know how you feel! Hope everything gets better very soon!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Sorry your kittie's still ill. As sick as Magick is, I sure hope she's a tiny bit better.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-14-2006 at 11:52 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Disneyphile - I am sorry that I hadn't seen your thread sooner.
    Since Kathleen and I have no children, our dog (a little chihuahua mix named "Shoogie") and cat "Little Bit" are like kids to us.
    I've had some of our previous cats die in my arms, and now our precious little Shugie is fighting a losing battle with breathing and heart problems.
    We are all with you and Magick in light, love, prayer and spirit...and we know that healing is taking place right now...
    Love and blessings,
    Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

So sorry DP, we know how scary it can be. In our 18+ years together, we have had probably 10 indoor cats (only 1 right now), and they are all our family. We'll be praying that all will work out OK. Special kitty hugs......
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Well, his appetite is now "poor" and his current prognosis is "poor". They just can't figure out what's wrong still. They've put him on appetite stimulants, and are keeping him comfortable, and keep running test after test, to no avail. At this point, they still can't tell me if he's done for, or will continue on many more years. It's absolutely nervewrecking, because my emotions are in "limbo", since I don't know whether to mourn or start preparing for his coming home. I even bought him a new toy last night to help keep my hopes up, but by the time I got it home, I was wondering if he'll ever get to see it. I just don't know what to think, and that's the worst part.

I'm taking off work early to go visit him. I'm hoping a little bit of time with me might help him perk up a little and spark his appetite some. And, that's a good idea about taking an item from home. I'll ask the vet while I'm there if I can't at least bring his favorite toy and also a sock (he LOVES feet, and will cuddle with my socks if I leave them on the floor).

I wish I were rich so I could have a vet just make daily housecalls so he could at least be in the comforts of home. Poor little guy.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Well, his appetite is now "poor" and his current prognosis is "poor". They just can't figure out what's wrong still. They've put him on appetite stimulants, and are keeping him comfortable, and keep running test after test, to no avail. At this point, they still can't tell me if he's done for, or will continue on many more years. It's absolutely nervewrecking, because my emotions are in "limbo", since I don't know whether to mourn or start preparing for his coming home. I even bought him a new toy last night to help keep my hopes up, but by the time I got it home, I was wondering if he'll ever get to see it. I just don't know what to think, and that's the worst part.

I'm taking off work early to go visit him. I'm hoping a little bit of time with me might help him perk up a little and spark his appetite some. And, that's a good idea about taking an item from home. I'll ask the vet while I'm there if I can't at least bring his favorite toy and also a sock (he LOVES feet, and will cuddle with my socks if I leave them on the floor).

I wish I were rich so I could have a vet just make daily housecalls so he could at least be in the comforts of home. Poor little guy.
    Spend as much time with him as possible. One of ours had similar symptoms, and it turned out he has swallowed some cotton from his bed and it became lodged in his stomach. Didn't show up on xrays or any traces they gave him to follow his digestive tract.

Thank goodness he eventually got it up/out, and he has been fine ever since. If he will drink water, give him tons of it. That can't hurt if he'll drink.

If not, spend as much time as possible, as you won't regret it later. Thoughts and prayers with you, DP!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Gay Man

A few years ago, Dexter started throwing up and stopped eating. I took him to the vet and he was there for 5 days, not eating, and we not knowing what was wrong with him. The vet ended upd doing a barium (sp) test and found nothing, but something about the barium stimulated his appetite or caused whatever was blocking his digestive sustem to move on. I visited him and brough with me some smoked turkey - his absolute favorite treat. He started eating with the turkey and was fine after that.

The theory was that the spinchter at the opening of his stomach got "reversed" and would make him regurgitate any food that tired to enter his stomach. The barium somehow got the sphicnter working properly again.

I don't know if that helps at all, but I thought it was a miracle. I was almost sure I was going to lose my baby.

• My cuties!

I am so sorry!!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Oh dear, I feel absolutely helpless DP. All we can to is just hope and pray. So, so frustrating and sad. I hope you can be with him as much as possible. That HAS to be a comfort for him. Poor sweet thing.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast