Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

How loyal are you to brand names?

I was pondering this lately for myself. It seems like people are less and less into sticking with a certain brand name item. There's a few brand names I am loyal to.

United Airlines. I have so many miles on them, I like the routes and the service. I used to be really loyal to America West since 1985 but lately, not too much. For short hops yes but all my long hauls are on UA.

Chevron. I honestly dont know WHY I am loyal to them for filling up my car, but Ive been using them for jeeze, maybe 15 or more years.

Jif and Welches Grape Jelly. I grew up with them and love them and still eat them on my pb and j sammiches.

I also grew up with Imperial Margarine, but for the life of me I cant find it in tubs ANYWHERE So Ive had to switch.

Vans. I'm telling you these shoes just rock!

Eddie Bauer jeans. They just fit me right and are always comfortable from day one.

Coke. Nothing but the best!

Crest. Grew up with it, still use it (that seems to be a trend I am figuring out, whatever I grew up with I seem to stick with - hmmmmm....)

I used to be a GM car guy and swore up and down I would never buy anything other than American cars. Well, after having brand new Saturns and Mercurys, I switched to a Mazda for my current car (and I am sure my fathers remains are swirling around in his urn). I'm telling you though, Ive never been happier with a car than I have with this one and it's never given me grief.

So what about you? Any brand names you MUST use? Any you used to use but for whatever reason you no longer do?

Re: How loyal are you to brand names?

Hmmm....

1. Crest toothpaste...raised with it because my mom hated colgate.
    2. Name Brand deodorant, but I change the brand once in awhile. Currently, I am using Degree but I was very loyal to Secret for years.
    3. Diet Dr. Pepper for DH
    4. Edy's Ice Cream
    5. Laundry Detergeant <sp?>, brand doesn't matter but NOT generic...
    You know, I think most generic cleaners are watered down so I refuse to use them. I just wait for the good stuff to go on sale and stock up. I like Tide.
    6. Cascade
    7. JIF peanut butter ONLY!!! I'm not even that big of fan of PB, but both DH and I insist on Jif.
    8. Polaner All Fruit....please don't dare call it jelly!
    9. Heinz ketchup
    10. Philadelphia Cream Cheese.....oy the generic is just...nasty!
    11. Rapa, it's the ONLY scrapple I will eat. Everyone I know who eats scrapple will only eat Rapa brand.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I use Chevron gas too. Guess coz I like the cute little toy cars. I have everyone of them.

As my userbar shows.. I drink Pepsi mostly. I will drink Coke or even (eek) shasta if thats what there is.

Otherwise I can't think of a particular brand I'm totally loyal to. Well, Apple computers maybe. I get generic a lot or whatever is on sale most of the time.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I'm loyal to a couple brand names

1.Coca-Cola, because Pepsi stinks
    2.Sony's Playstation line, I used to always buy Nintendo but then they released that crappy Gamecube so I converted.
    3.Air Canada (it's so cheap!)

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    Hmmm....

1. Crest toothpaste...raised with it because my mom hated colgate.
    2. Name Brand deodorant, but I change the brand once in awhile. Currently, I am using Degree but I was very loyal to Secret for years.
    3. Diet Dr. Pepper for DH
    4. Edy's Ice Cream
    5. Laundry Detergeant <sp?>, brand doesn't matter but NOT generic...
    You know, I think most generic cleaners are watered down so I refuse to use them. I just wait for the good stuff to go on sale and stock up. I like Tide.
    6. Cascade
    7. JIF peanut butter ONLY!!! I'm not even that big of fan of PB, but both DH and I insist on Jif.
    8. Polaner All Fruit....please don't dare call it jelly!
    9. Heinz ketchup
    10. Philadelphia Cream Cheese.....oy the generic is just...nasty!
    11. Rapa, it's the ONLY scrapple I will eat. Everyone I know who eats scrapple will only eat Rapa brand.
    I share your distate for generic brands...there's a reason they're so cheap .

• Banned User

ummm nope. I use whats on sale, and I save big. sorry but the only loyality is to Pepsi,

• Just Me

Tide, Downey and Bounce. Other than the occasional need for Clorox 2, I won't use anything else in my laundry.
    Jif PB. The only time I buy generic is when I am making PB cookies.
    Best Foods mayonaise, the rest are icky.
    Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.
    hubby only uses Crest toothpaste
    Lady Speed Stick deo-everything else makes me rash (ouch!)

wow! I could keep going, but then I sound like a total brandname snob.

•   
    • So fetch

Dove soap and other beauty products.
    Pepsi
    Johnson and Johnson for baby care.
    Cascade

It depends what else is on sale or offered at Costco.

• Newbie.

Pizza = Pizza Hut. Everything else is just cardboard with tomato sauce and cheese.....and before you jump all over me, remember that in far West Texas we don't have all the pizza choices you have in Southern California.

Laundry detergent I use generic. Soap is soap. If it's a little dilluted, I just add more. Gas is usually Chevron, and I'm a Crest kid.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Married and happy again!!

It really depends on what I'm buying. I will only drink Welch's Grape Juice. All the rest just don't taste as good. Like many of you I only will eat JIF pb. Same with Eggo waffles the store brands suck. Also the same deal with canned fruit I only eat Dole and Delmonte, store brands are just inferior. An god anin't it the truth when it comes to cream chesse ONLY Philedelphia cream chesse will do the others all are just pale in comparison. But many things I'll buy what ever is cheapest or on sale. especially laundrey detergent and dish liquid with all the clothing and dishes my family does during a week I would go broke if I didn't watch money on items like these. Samething with things like toilet paper, napkins, paper towles, even window cleaner (forget Windex store brand works just as well). I will use store brand for certain medicines but not others. Same deal with band aids.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy
    Pizza = Pizza Hut. Everything else is just cardboard with tomato sauce and cheese.....
    Eeew..... they are greasy and gross at least in my area they are. For us we have some really good local pizza places. So we will never use them. When it comes to a chain type pizza company make mine Papa Johns. Fresh, hot, tasty pizza made my way plus I can order it online while still at work and it hits home right after I do perfect for the widowed father of 2 when time is short.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

pappa johns for pizza
    surf for detergent ( tide is to harsh
    clorox, yep only this one
    Suavitel *** the best laundry softner ever!! lasts way longer then downey, and smells way )))))) better. I love this stuff

ok, as I think of more I will be back

• Newbie.

Choosy Mothers choose Jif, but particular people pick Peter Pan peanut butter.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• See you there!

Loyal just to brand names NO!.

Loyal to good products that work as advertised and are good value YES!

Brand names are only a means for me to find products I've had good success with.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I have no particulare brand affinity - I tend to use store brands whenever possible. And certainly all the endorsement money these brands pay to big stars and such is wasted on me.

I guess I can think of one thing... I always buy DuraCell batteries and try to stay away from anything Radio Shack makes, although I hear their quality has improved over what it used to be (poor).

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut

I used to be a GM car guy and swore up and down I would never buy anything other than American cars. Well, after having brand new Saturns and Mercurys, I switched to a Mazda for my current car (and I am sure my fathers remains are swirling around in his urn). I'm telling you though, Ive never been happier with a car than I have with this one and it's never given me grief.
    I didn't think it was still possible to buy a purely American car - with the engine and all its parts assembled here. I had come to assume that in many cases, "overseas" cars had become more American than GM almost - with plants here and such. No?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast