• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Cirque Du Soleil: Delirium

Has anyone seen any Cirque Du Soleil anywhere? I am buying tickets for my mother for her birthday and I want to know if its better to be right up front or back a little ways to see everything. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Huh?

Re: Cirque Du Soleil: Delirium

I saw Verekai when it came to Columbus.

The thing about the Cirque Du Soleil tent is -- it's very small. Very little breathing space. Everybody will be crammed in -- I really suggest for extra large people to get two seats for the traveling Cirque Du Soleil seats are about half the size of what you'd be used to.

But it's an air-conditioned tent.

But because it's so small, it doesn't really matter how close you get. You'll get a good close seat.

But I suggest getting as centered as possible.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    I saw Verekai when it came to Columbus.

The thing about the Cirque Du Soleil tent is -- it's very small. Very little breathing space. Everybody will be crammed in -- I really suggest for extra large people to get two seats for the traveling Cirque Du Soleil seats are about half the size of what you'd be used to.

But it's an air-conditioned tent.

But because it's so small, it doesn't really matter how close you get. You'll get a good close seat.

But I suggest getting as centered as possible.
    Well this particular show is going to be on stage at the St. Pete Times Forum.

I bought tickets Section 101 (dead center) Row F, Seats 3 and 4.

Here is the link, can anyone confirm that this should be fine? I don't want to be to close that you can't take the whole thing in but I don't want to be to far back where you lose something, if that makes sense.

http://sptimesforum.com/

• Huh?

6th row, dead center? Sounds good to me....

You're lucky that it's going inside... when it came here, they said it would be at the arena -- they failed to mention that it was in the PARKING LOT of the arena. It was nice to have the old-fashioned circus tent type show, but it was just very crowded (even my ultra-thin brother-in-law was squashed in those seats).
    -Tim

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I saw O at the Bellagio, and our seats were pretty good. Around the middle and a little off to the left. I wouldn't recommend getting too close though, it's better if you can see everything going on at once. Because there is so much to look and a lot going on at once. Thats a great gift to give though, Cirque du Soleil is definitely by far the best show I have ever seen.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    I saw O at the Bellagio, and our seats were pretty good. Around the middle and a little off to the left. I wouldn't recommend getting too close though, it's better if you can see everything going on at once. Because there is so much to look and a lot going on at once. Thats a great gift to give though, Cirque du Soleil is definitely by far the best show I have ever seen.
    Woohoo! Thanks for the confirmation, I feel a lot better about it. My mother has been but I never have, everytime we see an ad or its on TV she can't stop raving about it. I'm glad I'm able to take her this year, she is going to be so surprised. *dances* I still can't believe I got those seats. LOL

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

No problem, you're really going to enjoy it. People practically kill eachother over tickets so yeah, you're pretty lucky to get some.

• Why do you keep talking?

Delirium isn't the same as all the other touring shows, it's more like a Cirque Du Soleil Concert, they still have performers and dancers and all that, but it's more about the music from the different shows. They use HUGE screens to prject stuff on (like four IMAX screens), but like I said, they also have their performers. I'm sure your seats will be great and you'll have a great time.
    Last edited by Hector; 02-20-2006 at 01:58 PM.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Im a huge Cirque fan, even the lil girlie in my Avatar is named Soleil!! The show traveling in the US right now is Corteo, I saw it in San Francisco last month..this was my least fav show Ive seen. The show was based on an early 1900's italian clown dying, and his visions of his funeral...yeah...wierd. I must suggest tho, that if you can swing it...GET THE VIP TAPIS ROUGE EXPERIENCE!! We have done this the last two times, for Varakai (LOVED it) and Corteo...it is $100 more per seat...but so so SOOOO worth it...especially since its not something you do every day. I dont really have the urge to see Delirum, since the small theatre/tent is part of the experience....you can go to www.cirquedusoleil.com to see the list of shows, and become a member and get email updates and first crack at the best seats etc...
    My fav cirque show of all is Mystere in Vegas by far, then followed by Varakai and Allegra (best soundtrack by far). didnt really like Dralion, or O, and thought corteo was really odd and un cirque like...ive seen others, but these are the ones that stand out...I even have a little cirque shrine at my boutique with all my programs and souveniers...along with my Disneyland shrine..yes..Im a dork!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I've seen: Saltimbanco, La Nouba... and one more travelling show that I can't remember what the name of it is off the top of my head.

Well worth it... Cirque is great. Definately go see it.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P